Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We do have a newly graduated Master Gardener here. But my first guess would be to feed them some lime and loosen the dirt around the bulbs or risone. The soil may have become compacted and it also needs to be sweetened. Also make sure you don't have any underground critters that just love to chew on bulbs for a snack. :angel:
Thanks for the reminder about our Master Gardener. I really haven't done anything other than admire them.

:angel:

Thanks somebunny for a happy memory. Daffodils are my favorite flower.

When I was first married to my second husband he was coming home from a trip and at Maverick Station there was a flower vendor. He was selling daffodils. There were five flowers in each bunch for twenty-five cents. He brought me home four bunches. When he got home he gave each kid a dollar and sent them down to clean the vendor out. They all came home with four bunches. I had 100 daffodils that night. I was one happy person. :angel:

Lol everyone! Yes there were daffys too! It really is beautiful this time of year where they grow the most tulips in the world.(according to one if the farms on the tour). It really was a lovely day that we shared with DH's siblings and our daughter and grandbabies!

Mr. Macro Kitty
He does not like to cooperate during the shooting session :rolleyes:.

26279-albums186-picture1827.jpg

This reminds me of my mom's cat. We call him "The Evil Mojo Jojo". She got him in 1997, and my daughter - who was seven at the time - named him after the monkey of The Powerpuff Girls.

DH took this from his office window. An abandoned robin's neat nest from last year became a dove couple's total mess. The dove couple just randomly stuck in twigs. I guess they're recycling.

View attachment 17854

Last edited:
maybe the doves were mourning something and just didn't care anymore...

coo coo, aww hell. i'm just not into it.

Last edited:
i've lived with birds (parakeets, cockatiels, an african grey, and a cockatoo since i was 20). yes, my experience has been all hookbills, but i whistle really well, and often freak out the local birds from our second story window. cardinals, robins, blue jays, finches, and blue footed boobies in my neighborbood by imitating their call.

our giant apple tree has two nests in it every year.

Last edited:
a sign on the door of one of our news graphics departments known as "the war room": (sorry it's blurry)

img_1269578_0_c2956cef3c9e34f5bfb5129e72b76491.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom