What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no creative! Is there somewhere you could transport your bicycle to so that you could ride in a safer area? Somewhere like a park or, if England has them, bike trails? I'm going on the assumption that you have your own car with which to drive you and the bike elsewhere. Many cities and counties throughout the United States have converted old, out-of-service rail lines to biking and hiking trails. Flat land! :) It's what my old knees prefer, and it's almost impossible to find close to us.

All I powered the laptop up for was to transfer bank funds. (We do no banking on our phones.) Then I got sucked into the black hole known as Discuss Cooking. :ermm: Like potato chips, bet ya can't read just one...thread. But now,I'm about to head to my Happy Place!:w00t2: Market Basket is back baby, up and running at full speed. Although this won't be a major shop (waiting for the sale flyer this Friday) I have a number of things I've wanted to get but haven't bought since I know they're way more expensive at other stores than they are at MB. Plus, I've been jonesin' really bad for one of their crack chickens, aka rotisserie. Must have something addictive in them.

I spent this morning and part of the afternoon shopping. I'm taking my sweet time putting it all away. Actually I got the Walmart stuff put away before I went to Sav-A-Lot.

All the Sav-A-lot stuff is now put away... But... i'll still have to prep some things like the 5# chub of hamburger. Cut it into pound pieces and package and freeze.

My back and legs are starting to hurt a lot more lately, but once I'm done and home, I can sit down between sessions, doing a bit each time.

With everything in the fridge or on the shelves, I can leave everything else until tomorrow.

I'm just going to sit and relax and have a beer or two. I earned it!

Last edited:
Just got back from the pool. I noticed another visitor. Poor little mole was paddling around frantically. I was able to catch it in the skimmer net, and put it under the fence. I'd heard that moles are really good swimmers, it's true.

I spent this morning and part of the afternoon shopping. I'm taking my sweet time putting it all away. Actually I got the Walmart stuff put away before I went to Sav-A-Lot.

All the Sav-A-lot stuff is now put away... But... i'll still have to prep some things like the 5# chub of hamburger. Cut it into pound pieces and package and freeze.

My back and legs are starting to hurt a lot more lately, but once I'm done and home, I can sit down between sessions, doing a bit each time.

With everything in the fridge or on the shelves, I can leave everything else until tomorrow.

I'm just going to sit and relax and have a beer or two. I earned it!

You deserve a break!

How do you manage to get a whole months groceries from the cab to your apartment by yourself?

That would be the worst part of the trip for me!

Still it's a nice secure feeling to know that you have everything that you need.

Oh no creative! Is there somewhere you could transport your bicycle to so that you could ride in a safer area? Somewhere like a park or, if England has them, bike trails? I'm going on the assumption that you have your own car with which to drive you and the bike elsewhere. Many cities and counties throughout the United States have converted old, out-of-service rail lines to biking and hiking trails. Flat land! :) It's what my old knees prefer, and it's almost impossible to find close to us.
I am in UK. No I don't have a car and never wanted one since I am one of those cyclists who is an environmentalist. I live in the suburbs and would cycle everywhere locally e.g. back streets but then on to main roads. Even back streets have parked cars so the worry of cycling past them would be unpleasant and stressful. However, the favourable outcome is that I became a pensioner so now have a free bus pass. Not the same as the freedom of cycling but I have adjusted....mostly. I guess it was time.

Last edited:
Just got back from the pool. I noticed another visitor. Poor little mole was paddling around frantically. I was able to catch it in the skimmer net, and put it under the fence. I'd heard that moles are really good swimmers, it's true.

Yay!!! You saved the mole. I watched an hour vid on You Tube one might of a guy doing CPR on a drowned prairie dog.

Yay!!! You saved the mole. I watched an hour vid on You Tube one might of a guy doing CPR on a drowned prairie dog.

I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate it too! It immediately dug into their lawn. DH mowed tonight, and afterward came in swearing a blue streak. He wants a lawn service due to all the mole damage. I told him again, no, too many chemicals. I'd sooner get a goat instead.

I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate it too! It immediately dug into their lawn. DH mowed tonight, and afterward came in swearing a blue streak. He wants a lawn service due to all the mole damage. I told him again, no, too many chemicals. I'd sooner get a goat instead.

I know they are a PITA, but when one is trying to swim out of a pool...you gotta do something.

I know they are a PITA, but when one is trying to swim out of a pool...you gotta do something.

Exactly. I try to do the same with frogs, but they can see, and dive deeper. This poor little guy just sat in the net. I haven't told the neighbor yet.

You deserve a break!

How do you manage to get a whole months groceries from the cab to your apartment by yourself?

That would be the worst part of the trip for me!

Still it's a nice secure feeling to know that you have everything that you need.

I have one of these:

Extra%2BLarge%2BShopping%2B%252F%2BGrocery%2BCart.jpg

It folds up and goes with me to the store. I hang it on my regular grocery cart. When I get home, I unfold it and pack my bags inside and roll my goodies home.

Last edited:
I still have my Mom's, even though I never use it. We lived within walking distance to a nice, 1950's shopping center that had three! grocery stores when we moved there in 1957. She used to call it her Polish Cadillac!

lol, i love it! gotta tell dw (who's half polish) that one. in fact, i think we still have her mom's last one in the basement.
there are so many little old ladies in housecoats and babushkas in my neighborhood that use those things that are doggone determined to get where they are going it's incredible! damn the traffic and the torpedoes: full speed (shuffling) ahead!

more power to them. :punk:

I have one of these:

It folds up and goes with me to the store. I hang it on my regular grocery cart. When I get home, I unfold it and pack my bags inside and roll my goodies home.

I like that!

I think it would also be great for laundry day.

Where I live I would need a llama! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It is three flights of stairs (39 steps:() to the laundry room or two flights of stairs (26 steps:() to the street! I enjoy living here but it was not the wisest move I ever made!

lol, i love it! gotta tell dw (who's half polish) that one. in fact, i think we still have her mom's last one in the basement.
there are so many little old ladies in housecoats and babushkas in my neighborhood that use those things that are doggone determined to get where they are going it's incredible! damn the traffic and the torpedoes: full speed (shuffling) ahead!

more power to them. :punk:

Love the word babushka, and another one I haven't heard in a long time is galoshes.

I like that!

It is three flights of stairs (39 steps:() to the laundry room or two flights of stairs (26 steps:() to the street! I enjoy living here but it was not the wisest move I ever made!

No elevator? I would be forever confined to my apartment if we didn't have an elevator. :angel:

I like that!

I do use it for laundry. I found a laundry bag that opens up to a tall square. It's made with net.

I use it for my laundry basket, then when it's full, pop the filled laundry basket into my cart. It's just the right size for a load in the top loader washer. Luckily for me there is a laundromat on premises here.

If you do get one, make sure it has a hook that goes over the grocery store cart. Not the little plastic hook that just holds it closed.

This is my second one. The last one had the grocery cart hook, but I didn't know that they don't all have them and although I like this one a lot, I have a terrible time hooking it up to the cart using an old laptop case strap.

What I do like about this one is that it is larger, and the front wheels swivel.

I bought it through Walmart online. They have the best shipping prices and are reliable.

All my furniture was Walmart that I had to put together. Much easier to have them delivered to my home where I could assemble them than wrestle with getting them home from the store.

I have one of these:

Fond memories of a cart just like that. Growing up, we lived on an island in the summer, and would go to the mainland by boat to shop and do laundry, always with the cart.

I am sitting at the wellness clinic having my vitamin iv cocktail. This is my 2nd last treatment before we leave. I can't believe it's one week tomorrow!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Just had a nice cup of refreshing peppermint tea.

yum JoAnn, that would go very well with the fruit plate they give you here. I will remember that for next time. they have all sorts of herbal teas.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom