What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I just finished staining our multilevel deck, together, and we didn't kill each other!

I sanded and stained our deck last year. SO helped but turning on the garden hose so it sprayed on the wet stain. If I didn't kill her then she's safe.

Congrats! I've heard Rugby makes even hockey look like a sissy sport. I can't imagine anything making hockey look like a sissy sport other than maybe ancient gladiatorial battles so it must be quite a game. I have a couple friends who are just crazy about it.
When I was a student the college had a women's hockey team and a men's hockey team (hockey on grass, of course). A match between the two was suggested but the men declined......because they said the women's team were too rough!

Last edited:
I have spent all evening (about 5 hours) knitting the final piece of my current project which was not complicated but had very fiddly shaping requiring concentration.. I finished it about 20 minutes ago......only to find out that I done it on the wrong sized needles and I had to unravel it -

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!​

If I hadn't been so careless I'd have been able to sew it up and put the finishing touches to it tomorrow and get the thing in the post on Saturday. (more screams)​

Mad....that reminds me so much of my late mom. She used to sit and needlepoint, knit, and do all kinds of handwork...she would get so frustrated when she had to rip out something, but loved every minute of it in the long run. Thanks for the memories. :)

:LOL: DH was secretly impressed by my speedy painting ability! I got most of the levels and a set of stairs stained before he finished his little set of stairs! And there was no advice he could give!

And now we're both paying for it, aches and pains all over...

Last edited:
DH and I just finished staining our multilevel deck, together, and we didn't kill each other!

Is that a new record for the both of you? You both are to be commended! Let him kiss your boo boos. You both will feel so much better in about an hour. Then light up a cigarette after. Oh wait! that's what they do in the movies. :angel:

Last edited:
Stick together long enough, and the two of you could get the whole outside of your home completed painted. That means no killing each other. :angel:

We no longer get up on ladders higher than our heads. Been there, done that, now we pay someone else.

Same here, Dawg. I don't do ladders. :ermm: If it's something my daughter, son-in-law, or brother can't get to, I hire out.

I'm sitting on our deck. It's very late, nearly 4am, and I'm so grateful to see the home which was burnt so badly being full of life earlier today.
This time, the porch light is on, and I'm so grateful we got our neighbors back, happy and whole.
The house has been rebuilt absolutely beautifully and I could not be happier!
Our dear neighbors are back with us, and now all of us are complete, because they are back home with us.
Danggit, I missed them terribly. They had to rent another house so that they had a place to live while their own was rebuilt.

I keep looking at that precious porch light and I feel so relieved tonight. Life is so incredibly good!

They are home with us. Wow, just wow.

I am just about to go to bed.

But this evening a very odd thing happened.

For the first time in about 9 years, I got asked out on a date! :ermm:

I said yes (of course), and I have met the guy before - about 2 years ago at my dad's funeral. (Romantic huh?) :cool:

So we are going out on Saturday evening. :blush:

That's good news, Katy. I hope you have a great time.

SO and I went to visit my BIL who's recovering from spinal surgery. Then off to Legal Seafoods (If it isn't fresh, it isn't Legal)for lunch. Had dragon roll sushi made with tuna. So had a crab cake sandwich.

I don't shop thrift stores often because, quite simply, my home IS a thrift shop! Close to half my non-clothing possessions are hand-me-downs. However, when visiting family or friend away, occasionally they will suggest a stop at a hospital's or ladies guild-type of thrift shop. Those keep their funds in-house to help their neighborhoods. They also seem to have the best deals. We have a couple of these stand-alone shops in towns near us. They might end up with my leftovers. But this thread has given me more to think about.

Tinlizzie, if you don't use an object but you don't want to let go because you think you might lose the memories, take a photo and use it for a little album. Picture on one side, small story about the item and the memories it brings on the other. That way you never really get rid of the thing or memories.

Another good suggestion, CG. Thanks. And your mention of the hospital thrift shop reminded me of the local thrift shop operated by/for the hospice program, a worthy recipient as well.

No bites from the kids -- they're probably glad to hear I'm clearing away some of the excess but just didn't want to tell me.

I am just about to go to bed.

But this evening a very odd thing happened.

For the first time in about 9 years, I got asked out on a date! :ermm:...
Finally, someone smart! From your avatar here, and your interesting posts, I'm surprised you don't have guys beating down your door! Or does your brother chase them all away...:huh:

Sometime in the last week or two someone snuck into the house while we were sleeping and sprinkled me with another ten years of aging. Man, I haven't felt this blah in the longest time. I have every intention of heading to bed early. At least what counts as "early" for me.

I guess I'm counting my blessings tonight. A lady customer in the store didn't have enough money on her food stamps (EBT) card and she had to take in her three grandchildren because of her daughter's drug habit and the childrens' father is in jail for a drug offense.

It broke my heart when I saw her putting food back. I fixed it with my debit card. She got everything she needed. It wasn't very much, only $12 or so. I came home and looked at the food we have here and gave thanks in prayer we have food.

Maybe we don't live in a ritzy gated community any more (thank goodness! What a pain that was!!) and maybe our house is small but tonight I'm so grateful.

We had a very simple meal of beans and cornbread with cut up grapefruit tonight and I may not be the best cook but at least I haven't poisoned anyone.

I'm very grateful for my sweet hubby and family and friends, for all our nutty pets, and everything we have and the love in this little house.

Life is so good, and I need to remember that. I'll never, EVER gripe about too many tomatoes out of the garden as I open a jar of homemade sauce or salsa.

I'm counting my blessings right now, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom