"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #10781
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Munky, do you have a cat, or do you drink coffee? FDA recommends mixing the pills with either used kitty litter or old coffee grounds, and disposing of them in a sealed bag. Thanks for not flushing them!

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/cons.../ucm101653.htm

Bummer about the garbage.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #10782
Chef Extraordinaire

Munky, we have a recycle program here in Boston that can drive a person right over the edge. Empty cans, bottles, etc. have to be washed before the recycle truck will pick them up! Huh? Are they going to look through each container and check to see if they are clean?

We also have to get a sticker from the city if we wish to toss out an electronic equipment. Included the mouse of your computer. I just put mine in a kitchen bag, tie it up tight and then put it in a large green bag. And in this building there is no way they can know who tossed it out. Some cities here charge you to put out large items for pickup. Sometimes you just can't win. So I refused to fight the war.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #10783
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Munky, we have a recycle program here in Boston that can drive a person right over the edge. Empty cans, bottles, etc. have to be washed before the recycle truck will pick them up! Huh? Are they going to look through each container and check to see if they are clean?

We also have to get a sticker from the city if we wish to toss out an electronic equipment. Included the mouse of your computer. I just put mine in a kitchen bag, tie it up tight and then put it in a large green bag. And in this building there is no way they can know who tossed it out. Some cities here charge you to put out large items for pickup. Sometimes you just can't win. So I refused to fight the war.
I throw my old pills out with the dog poop, sans container so you probably couldn't even tell what it is. Let em try and salvage those!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #10784
Sous Chef

I'm on my way to have my annual mammogram. (Squeeeeish!)

Please, please remember to do this, for yourself and your families. Besides, why should I have all the fun. =o)
Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #10785
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

I checked on a key I don't use...yes the keys on a laptop do come off and snap back on. Take a pic of the keys in place, remove keys, clean and replace once it has air dried making sure they match the picture.
Actually, it depends on the type of laptop keyboard. I could pop the keys on a previous laptop, but this one had "Chicklet" keys and they aren't easy to pop or to reattach (I asked).

However, the question is moot because "It's dead Jim."

I went to look for a new laptop today (it will be my birthday pressie). There's a new gotcha - the keys on the numeric key pad were too narrow on all the reasonably priced laptops. They were only full sized on games machines. Since I enter lots of numbers by touch typing them, this is a big deal to me.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #10786
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

Actually, it depends on the type of laptop keyboard. I could pop the keys on a previous laptop, but this one had "Chicklet" keys and they aren't easy to pop or to reattach (I asked).

However, the question is moot because "It's dead Jim."

I went to look for a new laptop today (it will be my birthday pressie). There's a new gotcha - the keys on the numeric key pad were too narrow on all the reasonably priced laptops. They were only full sized on games machines. Since I enter lots of numbers by touch typing them, this is a big deal to me.
Oh no, RIP keyboard of Taxlady. I was afraid that would happen.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #10787
Chef Extraordinaire

That's certainly a big concern, TL.
You've gotta hit those numbers without looking, although you would probably get used to a new one.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #10788
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I use Gadwin's Print Screen program...didn't know there was a simpler way to do it.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #10789
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
I'm on my way to have my annual mammogram. (Squeeeeish!)

Please, please remember to do this, for yourself and your families. Besides, why should I have all the fun. =o)

Mammograms ladies!!! Get it done! I get a set every year for my Birthday! The first one I ever had found that bugger and we took care of it. Save the Ta-Tas!!!!!!!

And fellas...save a life, Grope your Wife!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #10790
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh no, RIP keyboard of Taxlady. I was afraid that would happen.
It wasn't just the keyboard; the motherboard got hosed too. They could have fixed it, but they tell me it would cost more than a new laptop.