What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about your foot and shush about the snow!

I'm sure the snow gods are planning something special to cheer you up! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!

Yes, I get to drag Shrek all around town later today for his eye appointment, I hope it has warmed up by then so the ice on the streets melts. We have been getting plenty of rain.

Thanks Aunt Bea!

So sorry, Princess!! Be sure you put something on your other foot. It wouldn't do to end up with both of them broken.

I'm still suffering with this nasty cold. Now that I'm taking the mucus medicine, I've learned it's not a good idea to cook. Because I'm getting so little sleep, I tend to fall asleep at my desk. This morning it was for a couple of hours. Not a good time to have something on the stove.

I don't feel like eating much anyway, so I'll just wing it with sandwiches and canned soup.

Bored today, too cold to venture out so I decided to try my hand at sprouting some lentils, that took about 10 seconds, still bored! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm going to try sprouting mustard seeds for my salads.:pig:

So sorry, Princess!! Be sure you put something on your other foot. It wouldn't do to end up with both of them broken.

I'm still suffering with this nasty cold. Now that I'm taking the mucus medicine, I've learned it's not a good idea to cook. Because I'm getting so little sleep, I tend to fall asleep at my desk. This morning it was for a couple of hours. Not a good time to have something on the stove.

I don't feel like eating much anyway, so I'll just wing it with sandwiches and canned soup.

Take it easy Zhi, rest is best while laying down. Plenty of fluids.

I'm trying, PF. Bed rest would be lovely, but laying down comes with violent coughing fits. I did manage to sleep in bed last night for about 4 hours. I've already had a couple of "desk" naps today. Whenever I get to nodding, I take advantage of it.

I've closed down the kitchen to anything but nuking. I've got a couple of cheese spreads and some gazpacho to slurp on. I'm definitely into the pampering mode.

Dinner tonight will probably be either leftover hamburger onion pie, or chicken noodle soup from a can.

I have a stoopy Ogre with a torn retina. He was able to get in today for laser surgery on his eye. I can't walk and he can't see...what a pair.

I sure hope you feel better soon Zhi!

Thanks!

Yours sounds like a movie idea!

He was complaining about a huge floater that wouldn't go away and lots of little ones floating around like flies. I tried to get him to the eye doctor then, but he insisted on making an appointment. I took him today and his optometrist took him directly to the eye surgeon after one look. Apparently is was quite a large tear and the laser they did today may not work. If so, he will need to have the more intrusive surgery. I really don't want a blind Ogre hanging around, he loves to read and watch TV.

I sure know how to have fun. I finally got to go shopping yesterday, I was almost through, and I had to call Spike who was on the other side of the store. "Spike, We HAVE to check out RIGHT NOW!"

"What's the matter?"

"I am very sick.!"

So we checkout. I don't know what hit me, but it was horrible. That is all I remember. I don't remember getting in the car. In fact that is the last thing I remember. Evidently he shut off my phone when we got to checkout. I don't know how I got my scooter on the elevator, going in my apartment with it or even getting into my apartment. The Pirate said that he had to take my coat off. The Pirate said that Spike told him that I passed out in the car. I have no idea of what was wrong with me. I was just so SICK! I do remember starting to get the dry heaves at the back of the store at the meat department.

Well here it is 16 hours later and I am feeling just fine. I have been drinking a lot of water lately. Something I never do. I thought for sure I had the flu! I have never had the flu in my life. So much for self diagnosis.

I have four kids. One lives in Vermont. My daughter lives just 30 seconds away, and the two boys are constantly in and out of my home. So I look to them to look after me. I have no qualms about either one undressing me if need be. Spike took care of his wife all through her cancer and even when she died in his arms. He is the one who just jumps in and does what is necessary. The Pirate makes sure I eat and cleans my home for me. When I had the Norvirus a couple of years ago, they both cleaned me and washed me down. Changed my bed and made sure I had a clean nightgown on. I don't like to let my daughter know when I am sick until after it is all over. She has enough to handle with her own health problems and those of her husband's. And she can not handle vomit or blood. She gets sicker that me just being in the same room where it is. For me, the more blood and gore, the more I love it. I love watching surgeries.

I am just ever so grateful that I do have the two boys to take care of me. Who'da a thunk it! It is my boys to my rescue. :angel:

I am such a happy camper. I finally have a new phone. The keys and screen are so much larger. And it has a designated 911 key. One I will use a lot I am sure. But the best thing is that it has a slide out qwerty board. I am so tired of straining my eyes to see my present keyboard and screen. Well worth the $30 it cost me. And my service is still FREE!

The down side? I Have to learn a whole new phone. And from the reviews, the 911 key is very sensitive. I will just have to learn to be careful with it. I going to look around for a case for it. :angel:

Waiting for delivery of the 8 boxes of girl scout cookies I ordered. :ermm::ohmy::pig: Can't wait to sink my teeth into a Thin Mint. :LOL:

Still basking in the glow of the fun Glenn and I had yesterday afternoon.
We spent about 2 hours target shooting. We went out to the back portion of our property, behind our 2-acre pond, and set up a target range.

I bought myself a sweet .38 special last June and because of hand reconstructive surgery that month haven't been able to play much with my new toy...until yesterday that is. Had a ball.

We set up a 45-foot range and laid out all our ammunition and our weapons. We also had my .357, which I'm pretty sure has been feeling neglected.

It has been some time since I've done any shooting but I was back in the groove after about a dozen rounds. After that, look out. I was shooting groups clustered so close together that some of the hits were on top of each other.

Kept making the targets smaller and farther away and I was still, pardon the term, on target. For me, it comes right back no matter how long it's been since I shot last.

I had one of the best teachers around...one of my favorite uncles who was a champion sharpshooter of his state for many, many years. He was also a police officer for his whole career and stayed "sharp" all along. I lived a few miles from him when I was in college and we went to the range often. There were times when I wanted to whack him with my weapon he was such a tough taskmaster. I will say, however, that his drilling and lessons paid off.

Can't wait to get back out an do more. No chance today because Mother Nature is providing rain.

The next thing I plan to do is to get my conceal carry license. Need to keep it legal.

Last edited:
Sounds fun Katie, I love going shooting. Have done since I was 5 years old with Dad bracing me for the shot. I also helped with the reloading. Almost good enough weather to go out this year.

I haven't shot a gun in years. I used to really enjoy it. We'd go down to the sand pits near our house to shoot, it was the perfect place for it. I was a pretty good shot as a youngin'

It's getting better as long as I don't stand too long. The boot weighs more than I am used to dragging along.

All you need is an Ogre and a skate! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Free%20Vector%20Pelican%20with%20Broken%20Foot1149.jpg

Back
Top Bottom