What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have spent the better part of the day listening to all of my muscles yell at me. Two hours of gardening yesterday, today I feel like an old lady. :ermm: What, what? I AM an old lady? :glare: Just wait until it's your turn...

Welcome to my world. It has been my turn for many moons. I am getting used to it. There is a good side to everything. You just have to hunt for it though.

I don't have a hunting license. Dang! :angel:

Well, I just got back from seeing my doctor. He is very happy about the final result from my gall bladder episode. And I also got my report on my Cholesterol levels. It was an excellent report, and according to the results, everything is normal. One less thing to worry about.

So now I should eat something. Egg salad sounds good. A little onion along with some finely diced celery will make it perfect. A cup of coffee will make the finishing touch. :angel:

Glad to hear you're going to live, Addie. ;)

I think the answer to this is to keep moving.
"A body in motion STAYS in motion." :LOL: Yup, got that. It's just that I haven't so much as pulled a weed all summer and the muscles I used must be ones that aren't used for lifting, walking, etc. Not much will help those muscles hiding in the flabby upper thigh area until the ache goes away. Besides that, I have a hip that gives me "issues". My parents each had arthritis; my Dad ended up needing both back surgery and a hip replacement. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I need it replaced. I just have to tough it out and get the gardens all prettied before we put the house up for sale so that IF I need surgery I'm back home in OH. Cleveland Clinic is one of the finest hospitals in the world. In fact, they ARE one of the hospitals "in the world". They used to get so many rich Middle Eastern sheikhs in for surgeries that they build a hospital in Abu Dhabi!

Before I Was A Mom

I had finished two loads of laundry and was going through my files looking for something. I found this. It was sent to me a number of years back. I thought the mothers and also fathers would appreciate it.

Before I Was A Mom

Before I Was A Mom
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I Was A Mom
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed On.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I Was A Mom
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do their tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I Was A Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.'
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I Was A Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I Was A Mom
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every ten minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never knew the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

I don't know who wrote it. There is no name on it. :angel:

Hope everything went well and planned treatments look promising, LP. ((hugs))

Things could not have gone worse at that appointment. The neurologist noticed in my file that I had been at that hospital for depression more than 20 years ago and decided to humiliate and degrade me anyway he could. He wouldn't let me answer his questions and basically said that I was not suffering from stroke symptoms and should take more of my antidepressants. We are going with the recommendations of the doctor at OUR hospital and taking it to my GP. I got so stressed that I almost had another mini-stroke that day.

Right now I am up because I can't sleep, even though I am exhausted all the time.

I'm so sorry to hear that, LP. I've only had one doctor who was that arrogant and I quit seeing him pretty quickly. Can you see a different neurologist? Sometimes it takes seeing more than one to find someone who is a good fit for you.

Have you asked your GP about a sleep aid? Getting enough sleep is so important to good health.

Things could not have gone worse at that appointment. The neurologist noticed in my file that I had been at that hospital for depression more than 20 years ago and decided to humiliate and degrade me anyway he could. He wouldn't let me answer his questions and basically said that I was not suffering from stroke symptoms and should take more of my antidepressants. We are going with the recommendations of the doctor at OUR hospital and taking it to my GP. I got so stressed that I almost had another mini-stroke that day.

Right now I am up because I can't sleep, even though I am exhausted all the time.
Oh no! That's terrible. (((Hugs)))

I doubt you have the energy to deal with reporting him, but could your husband? That is totally unacceptable behaviour from a doctor. He is endangering you. He is a danger to other patients as well. Does he think the doctors at the OR are incapable of diagnosing a stroke correctly?

How old is this guy? Is it possible that he doesn't believe there is such a thing as a TIA? I know that doctors refused to believe my mother when she told them she was having "mini-strokes", back in the 70s. They claimed there was no such thing. But, we know better now.

"A body in motion STAYS in motion." :LOL: Yup, got that. It's just that I haven't so much as pulled a weed all summer and the muscles I used must be ones that aren't used for lifting, walking, etc. Not much will help those muscles hiding in the flabby upper thigh area until the ache goes away. Besides that, I have a hip that gives me "issues". My parents each had arthritis; my Dad ended up needing both back surgery and a hip replacement. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I need it replaced. I just have to tough it out and get the gardens all prettied before we put the house up for sale so that IF I need surgery I'm back home in OH. Cleveland Clinic is one of the finest hospitals in the world. In fact, they ARE one of the hospitals "in the world". They used to get so many rich Middle Eastern sheikhs in for surgeries that they build a hospital in Abu Dhabi!

CG,
You sound just like me a few weeks ago.The Chiropractor didn't help.My body is too small to be put on one of those rolling tables.5 minutes with that at the lowest setting that party was so over! I got off of it.

This product has helped me tremendously.I no longer go see the Chiropractor.After 2 sessions my back spasms were over.My legs felt so much better as well.

Gotta check it out.Highly recommend it.
P.S. You can roll over and get those upper thighs.

Amazon.com: Comfort Products 60-2907P08 10-Motor Massage Plush Mat with Heat, Beige: Health & Personal Care

Thanks for the suggestion, Munky. I do have a massaging heating pad - never thought to use it. :huh: My biggest problem is that I feel the muscles the first time I put them to work after not using that particular muscle group. Sunday was rough, yesterday was better - then I spent three hour on my feet playing in the kitchen. The legs were tired, but not sore. By today I was running up and down the steps like I was...64. I can run downhill faster than up! :LOL:

What I really need to do is go out and buy a new pair of shoes. I hate clothes shopping, especially shoe shopping. But my old tennis shoes ARE old. Oddly enough, my feet and legs feel the best when I wear my summer flip-flops, a thicker-soled, contoured version. Himself says that's a prime indicator that we should move to FL! :ROFLMAO: Nope, nope, nope.

A co-worker of my husband's has a family blueberry farm. We just got 10 lbs of blueberries for $20. I'm in the process of freezing blueberries right now.

Good deal, Nikki! I'd sure love to know someone with a blueberry farm...! :yum:

It's hot and a little on the humid side (for here) today. Fixing to go into the kitchen and prep fresh veggies to have easily available to munch on. I'd rather take a nap. :)

Last edited:
Oh no! That's terrible. (((Hugs)))

I doubt you have the energy to deal with reporting him, but could your husband? That is totally unacceptable behaviour from a doctor. He is endangering you. He is a danger to other patients as well. Does he think the doctors at the OR are incapable of diagnosing a stroke correctly?

How old is this guy? Is it possible that he doesn't believe there is such a thing as a TIA? I know that doctors refused to believe my mother when she told them she was having "mini-strokes", back in the 70s. They claimed there was no such thing. But, we know better now.

He is fairly young. My GP is on it. She hasn't seen me yet but got the reports, set up a few tests and I go in after she gets the results. She talked to TB while I was sleeping about the stroke clinic Dr. because his report was very "negative". TB explained from our side and she is going to look into it and if needed will refer me to a totally different clinic so I don't have to go back there. I have definitely had TIA's and she said that the plaque on the carotid artery IS worrisome.

Good deal, Nikki! I'd sure love to know someone with a blueberry farm...! :yum:

It is definitely a perk. Quite a few of his co-workers live out in the county (a local colloquialism for living in the country outside of the city), so we get fresh eggs every week, and then blueberries and apples every season.

Nice, Nickee. :) I'm out in the boonies and we enjoy many perks of fresh farm produce and eggs, too. I love it! Still trying to use up the 4 dozen fresh eggs I bought last month from happy free range chickens.

Oh, and I got the spelling of your name right this time. :LOL:

Nice, Nickee. :) I'm out in the boonies and we enjoy many perks of fresh farm produce and eggs, too. I love it! Still trying to use up the 4 dozen fresh eggs I bought last month from happy free range chickens.

Oh, and I got the spelling of your name right this time. :LOL:

Oh, I can't wait to live in the boonies! I'm original from the boonies, and so is my husband, but until I'm done school, we're staying in the city. And THEN we're moving to a place with a few acres. The plan is to have chickens, goats, bees and a greenhouse.

Way to hot to eat. Obviously my Nordic genes are not happy. Third day running where heat advisories issued.

Besides trying to stay cool, I am waiting to hear my dad's bone scan results. He was diagnosed with cancer last week.

Way to hot to eat. Obviously my Nordic genes are not happy. Third day running where heat advisories issued.

Besides trying to stay cool, I am waiting to hear my dad's bone scan results. He was diagnosed with cancer last week.
Oh no! (((Hugs))) I hope it's something that can be easily cured.

My Nordic genes are not making me happy either with this weather. It doesn't help that they are saying that "older adults" should be careful. I'm staying in the air conditioned house most of the time. I may do some late grocery shopping, but it's still 28° (82°F) and feels like 36°C (97°F) here at nearly 21h00 (9PM).

Thanks. TL. Hoping for the best.

I imagine Montreal has had the "feels like 40 with the humidex" days we've been having...I promised not to complain about the heat after the winter with the -30 w/ windchill days in Jan and Feb. I didn't know this part of Canada had such extreme temp variations. I might have pushed harder for the DH to move to MN.

Back
Top Bottom