What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1479337_0_a2067656a62c6e9d6b9d74a4c18fd0b2.jpg

Used a 200 year old recipe and made bread.

Fixin' to down the rest of my coffee and go to the farm stand for some tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and a cucumber or two. Hopefully they will still have some peaches and plums.

The red bells are 5/$1. :ohmy::)

Cleaning my room as I get ready to go back to Ontario for three weeks to deal with getting propane for my house, my brother's estate, and some much needed R&R. I have bread in the bread machine and am making brownies for the local church's potluck suppers. In MN, there is a church supper almost every weekend.

AndyM: LOL, no, it was just fun to make a recipe with out store bought yeast and it smells lovely, we haven't eaten it yet. It isnt a sourdough, it is a saved dough, which is a bit different way of doing it. Next time I will try barm.

It bit hard to explain, since my book is in Swedish.
We call this dough saved and not sourdough because it saved in salt.
I got interested in the idea when I read the book and then saw this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leC_cCs4i5w&index=4&list=PLD1F368B5848077C3

In the next episode they show how to wake it up.

The recipe is so simple, it ask for waken saved dough batter, a little salt, some honey some water, flour a hand of or two of barely and then wheat sifted and it tells you that a good housewife knows to knead the dough well and let it rest to double size and then knock back reform and bake.

Also giving saved dough is good wedding gift to start a new home.

Fixin' to down the rest of my coffee and go to the farm stand for some tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and a cucumber or two. Hopefully they will still have some peaches and plums.

The red bells are 5/$1. :ohmy::)

I scored big at the local farm stand this morning. 3 lbs. of nectarines and plums, a cantaloupe, 2 enormous onions (one red and one white), several carrots, 10 red bell peppers, a cuke, and 2 lbs. of tomatoes, all for $13.50. :) :yum:

Brought home the dresser I bought for Shrek yesterday. I was getting tired of putting the old one back together. This one should do him. Went to Mom and Dad's for a refreshing dish of blackberries. Then found slugs in my pumpkins...I left them a "thank you" of beer. We ate out while in town and now Shrek is putting his clothes in his new dresser. I'm fixing a pot of coffee to go with my blackberries and cream.

It bit hard to explain, since my book is in Swedish.
We call this dough saved and not sourdough because it saved in salt.
I got interested in the idea when I read the book and then saw this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leC_cCs4i5w&index=4&list=PLD1F368B5848077C3

In the next episode they show how to wake it up.

The recipe is so simple, it ask for waken saved dough batter, a little salt, some honey some water, flour a hand of or two of barely and then wheat sifted and it tells you that a good housewife knows to knead the dough well and let it rest to double size and then knock back reform and bake.

Also giving saved dough is good wedding gift to start a new home.

Using grapes which are covered in wild yeast, I once made my own leaven and used it to make bread. I kept it going for about six months. Then one time I forgot to leave a piece for the next loaf. :angel:

I had a sourdough, happily living here at home, went on vacation and came back to a bowl of mold, it was in the fridge and the person had fed it. Not fun, but its daughter is still living in my friends fridge, could steal some back at some point.

We had the bread this morning and it is lovely, the crust is chewy like I love it.

Using grapes which are covered in wild yeast, I once made my own leaven and used it to make bread. I kept it going for about six months. Then one time I forgot to leave a piece for the next loaf. :angel:

Everything is covered with wild yeast. And bacteria. And viruses.

It would be really weird if we could see them :crazy:

It soon time for bed, I am trying to calm down but it isnt working and my beloved clay pot died at a lovely age of 50 years old.

Back
Top Bottom