What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently I am starting the Anti- Mac & Cheese club today.

On another note, I am also looking for a torch today, husband cant find it nor can I and we guess the kid has hidden it and forgot about it.

We already have three members!

Hope you find your torch. What kind of torch? A grill lighter? I can send you one, may take awhile to get to Sweden though.

Last edited:
Just a black LED torch. Because with out it we can find anything in the pantry after 5 in the evening.

Ha, I forgot my European language. Probably not a good idea to wander around your pantry with a grill lighter. Glad you meant flashlight!

Last edited:
dragnlaw; you can join if you dont think mac&cheese is holiday food or if you hate it.

Dawgluver: No I use an old fashion torch made form wood and peat...

CP, when you said torch, it reminded me of the villagers coming after Frankenstein's monster. Or the tiki torches you see at beach clubs.

Well if we dont clean it out soon there might be a monster inside lurking, better borrow a pitchfork from my neighbours

Stick some wood and peat on that pitchfork. I hear that's the best way to find stuff in the pantry. As well as monsters.

Last edited:
Got the meat out of the canner and making some mountain oysters. I didn't quite have enough to fill all the jars but they will get used in the next few days.
I know its an Aebleskiver pan but I jokingly referred to it as a mountain oyster pan on the cast iron group on face book. Some people didn't like that so I had to take the pic and post it on there today. Just because.

Attachments

• 15094368_10153822740026017_243595252568519045_n.jpg
    15094368_10153822740026017_243595252568519045_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 15145165_10153823223881017_318085633_o.jpg
    15145165_10153823223881017_318085633_o.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 15101804_10153823224076017_1806913477_o.jpg
    15101804_10153823224076017_1806913477_o.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 93
Going to work on some crafts today. Sewing a bit sounds like a good rainy day project. Nice and relaxing.
Our oldest son goes through jeans like crazy. Gave me a stack of them. So decided I'd do something that's quick and fun.

Make up some Denim Christmas Stockings. Also have a nice stash of odds and ends of material and other craft supplies to do my own designs.

If it keep this Lil' Badger out of trouble, it's a good thing.:cool::LOL:
Now to find a good movie to watch...

Well, I'm certainly of the school that doesn't serve it at a holiday meal! Never heard of that. Matter of fact, my first Italian Wedding was a big surprise to me with pasta as a course, then at an Italian family dinner, well now I know it is par for the course (haha!).

I love Mac'n Cheese but not at a formal dinner! Although I have changed my mind to a certain extent, because there sure are some fancy pasta dishes out there.

If you go to other cuisines and their pastas - I think a special Ravioli or Dim Sum Dumplings are perfectly OK. but it is not Mac'n Cheese. Maybe in their culture it would be considered a parallel?

At any rate, I've always thought of it as a family dish. Whether for lunch or supper any family meal was OK.

Pasta salads mainly home, picnics/bbq's and buffets. Again, not a formal meal!

I don't think I have ever thought of Thanksgiving as a "formal" dinner. We always have so much fun and laughter at our family gatherings. When the stories start, there is no stopping us.

Why did I suggest mac and cheese? The little kids can be very picky eaters. Parents will load up their plates with foods they are not fed every day. Whoever is making the big meal in our family, lets the cook know what her favorite veggie is. This year I chose petite peas. The last time I made the dinner, my SIL chose creamed carrots. How many little kids do you know would honestly eat Brussels Sprouts? Or even carrots. When was the last time you put stuffing on your child's plate? So now the meal has become a battle with the kids. Take a good look at the additions we put into the stuffing. Raisins, apples, walnuts, dates, oysters, etc. How many of those foods are every day foods for the kids? You put that on their plate and their reaction is stunning. They push it to the side and if it touches any of the other foods on their plate, they won't touch them either.

My daughter is an excellent cook. Every holiday, she serves stuffed artichokes to start the meal. I personally do not care for them. But I don't have to get into an argument with her to eat one.

I don't think I have ever thought of Thanksgiving as a "formal" dinner. We always have so much fun and laughter at our family gatherings. When the stories start, there is no stopping us.

Why did I suggest mac and cheese? The little kids can be very picky eaters. Parents will load up their plates with foods they are not fed every day. Whoever is making the big meal in our family, lets the cook know what her favorite veggie is. This year I chose petite peas. The last time I made the dinner, my SIL chose creamed carrots. How many little kids do you know would honestly eat Brussels Sprouts? Or even carrots. When was the last time you put stuffing on your child's plate? So now the meal has become a battle with the kids. Take a good look at the additions we put into the stuffing. Raisins, apples, walnuts, dates, oysters, etc. How many of those foods are every day foods for the kids? You put that on their plate and their reaction is stunning. They push it to the side and if it touches any of the other foods on their plate, they won't touch them either.

I don't think of Thanksgiving as a formal meal, either, but it is a holiday. Mac & cheese is just not a holiday dish for a lot of people.

I don't think little kids' pickiness should be catered to. As long as there's something everyone will eat, they will survive one meal. They should also be taught not to be rude at a holiday dinner.

I know a lot of kids who eat carrots. These days, baby carrots are a popular snack, since many people are more concerned about healthy food than they were when you were raising your kids.

Some kids, and adults, don't like their food to touch, but I don't think they're all as picky as yours apparently were.

Last edited:
As a little kid, Thanksgiving was my favorite meal of the year. No mac and cheese, but I inhaled everything else. Except sweet potatoes. My niece when she was little would come here with her dad (parents were split up) and report back to her mom that all Aunty Dawg fed her was mashed potatoes and coffee ice cream. There were many other choices available, but she didn't want turkey, gravy, etc. She didn't starve. I'm of the opinion that children will not shrivel up and die if they don't eat everything their parents want them to.

Right now, I'm waiting for the water to come back on. Apparently a part went out in the pump house. I have towels to wash and a shower to take, so I am not real happy. And tomorrow is Sunday, which does not bode well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom