What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawg.there are few greater pleasures in life than snuggling with pets.

Especially when you take over the warm spot they left in the blanket.

I'm going to Trader Joe's! My mom has a dental appointment near TJ's and I don't get to this area half an hour and two tunnel tolls away from home, so I'm taking advantage.

I am trying to down 2 liters of water before going for a CT scan. They just want me "hydrated". That's enough to hydrate the desert! :ermm::LOL:

They told me I had to have it drunk within an hour of the appointment which is in an hour. I started 3 hours ago so that I was doing 500ml an hour.

Okay. That's about how much your kidneys can process in an hour. Just curious - did they tell you to drink that much in that short amount of time?

Take care. I hope the appointment goes well :)

Okay. That's about how much your kidneys can process in an hour. Just curious - did they tell you to drink that much in that short amount of time?

Take care. I hope the appointment goes well :)

The doctor's office first told me I had to drink 2 litres 1 hour before the scan. I questioned that and she said BY 1 hour before. This is not hard for me as I have always drinking water because of dry mouth and constantly being dehydrated. When she called with the appointment time I double checked and she said the same thing.

When I got there and they were inserting the IV for the dye, the nurse asked if I had drunk my 2 GLASSES of water. I said "glasses" and she said yes. I told her what the doctor's office said and the nurse was shocked. I said how I did it and that I always drink a lot of water (throughout the day) and she was okay for me, but is going to call the doctor's office because others may overdo it.

Thanks, GG :)

When I was pregnant with my second DD I had to get an ultra sound and an amino. I had to drink 32 oz. of water before I got the ultra sound so they could get a good reading. Maybe the nurse got the tests mixed up. I hope she gets a reprimand. That could have have been dangerous. I'm glad you are okay. {hugs}

When I was pregnant with my second DD I had to get an ultra sound and an amino. I had to drink 32 oz. of water before I got the ultra sound so they could get a good reading. Maybe the nurse got the tests mixed up. I hope she gets a reprimand. That could have have been dangerous. I'm glad you are okay. {hugs}
I had to drink a bunch of water before the ultrasound for a CVS (chorionic villous sampling), another prenatal, genetic test. It's done much earlier than amnio. It was so my full bladder would push the fetus up to a place that was easier to see with ultra-sound. I thought for sure I was going to pee myself. I told them, so they said to go to the washroom and squirt out a little bit and stop. Much to my surprise, I actually managed that.

They couldn't get any results from the CVS, so I had amnio a month and a half later. They didn't ask me to drink a lot of water for that. By then, the fetus was in a better position for viewing with ultra-sound.

I had to drink a bunch of water before the ultrasound for a CVS (chorionic villous sampling), another prenatal, genetic test. It's done much earlier than amnio. It was so my full bladder would push the fetus up to a place that was easier to see with ultra-sound. I thought for sure I was going to pee myself. I told them, so they said to go to the washroom and squirt out a little bit and stop. Much to my surprise, I actually managed that.

They couldn't get any results from the CVS, so I had amnio a month and a half later. They didn't ask me to drink a lot of water for that. By then, the fetus was in a better position for viewing with ultra-sound.

Yup that was the reason for all the water so that the baby was in the right place to view. They did both test the same day. I told the nurse to get the ultra sound done fast or she would need to get the mop!! She was training an idiot!! The fool couldn't Do it right and hurt me. I told the nurse that I want the trainee out of the room and I wasn't getting the amnio of the idiot was in the room. We weren't paying for me to be used for training.

Yup that was the reason for all the water so that the baby was in the right place to view. They did both test the same day. I told the nurse to get the ultra sound done fast or she would need to get the mop!! She was training an idiot!! The fool couldn't Do it right and hurt me. I told the nurse that I want the trainee out of the room and I wasn't getting the amnio of the idiot was in the room. We weren't paying for me to be used for training.
Ultra-sound before the amnio, not during? The doctor was watching the amnio needle and the baby on the ultra-sound while he was poking me. He still had to do it twice and screwed it up. Well, according to the doctors and nurses, the amnio had nothing to do with my water breaking about two hours later. The baby didn't die from the amnio. The baby died from lack of amniotic fluid, five weeks later. :ermm:

That's one quart. LP was told to drink 2 liters, which is about 4 quarts, or one gallon, within a couple of hours. That's a LOT.

Ultra-sound before the amnio, not during? The doctor was watching the amnio needle and the baby on the ultra-sound while he was poking me. He still had to do it twice and screwed it up. Well, according to the doctors and nurses, the amnio had nothing to do with my water breaking about two hours later. The baby didn't die from the amnio. The baby died from lack of amniotic fluid, five weeks later. :ermm:

{{{Taxi}}} That story took my breath away. I know it was a very long time ago, but I'm so sorry.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom