What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...If I had a bottle of white zin I would be in heaven right now.
I really wish I could help you out, MsM, but I have only enough for the first rung on that stairway to heaven. ;)

Attachments

• 2016-12-07 02.49.12.jpg
    2016-12-07 02.49.12.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 76
I think it's to red. The white zin I get is paler, just a nice little blush.

CG, your Zin isn't red enough.
No kidding! I'm not much of a "pink wine" drinker, preferring hearty reds or medium-body whites. However, I had two bottles of this in the *ahem* cellar (it's really the basement ;) ) from back when we would have a post-holiday gathering at our place every January after the holidays were all over. It was a favorite of a neighbor up the street, so I made sure I had some on hand. We don't do the gatherings anymore, and I need to clean out stock like this. Opened it for Thanksgiving, along with a quickly consumed bottle of Syrah, and this was still hiding in the fridge. Finished it last night, followed by a cabernet chaser. :LOL:

Timely topic. I had a rare day off so I spent it doing house chores, xmas decorating, and slow cooking a meat sauce. Just opened a bottle of this so it will be ready in a few hours when gf gets home...
main_variation_na_view_01_204x400.jpg

Last edited:
Puppy proofing the house.
My youngest son volunteers at an animal shelter. He kept mentioning this one dog in particular. Showed us videos of her reaction to him when she would see him.

Hubby and I are suckers. We didn't know what to get him for Christmas.
What do you get a guy who has everything, but the one thing he's really been wanting for years? A puppy.:ermm::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

She's a cutie. Chihuahua/Terrier mix 5 Lbs, 3 years old.
Yep she was dumped off. Was sick with a bad cough when they picked her up.
She's fine now. When I called to ask about her. I was told she's already been adopted. We were going to surprise him with her. He did mention to me about the adoption rules. We had no choice but to get him up and ask about them. He did some checking. Because her time at that shelter was up. It had been over a month and still no adoption. They took her out ,placed an adopted sign on her cage and paperwork. She was going to a rescue.Not sure if it would be a close by one or out of state.

He called around. Found that she was still there. They removed the move paperwork. Just in the nik of time. I saw the rescue van on our way in yesterday. Did the meet and greet with our dogs. No worries in that dpmt.

Sky is her name. She will be here tomorrow night.
He's very happy. The last thing we need right now is a puppy. But Sky is completely his responsibility. He has no problems with that. So I guess all's well.

Slowlyyy losing my hard earned Badger nikname...:LOL:

I've spent the oh hmmmm hour +/- cleaning the brush roller on my shark vacuum. Seems my DD's have been helping me with the vacuuming but never check the roller. So I just gave it a peek and almost cried. They just ignore everything I say. There was half a cat tangled in and around the roller. We had to take it apart try to put it together a million times because my one DD thinks she knows better and took it away to do it herself. Then she could not figure out what was wrong and gave up and went in her room. So I was left to figure which screws went where. The screws were not all the same length and two were skinnier. But it was such a small difference you couldn't tell till it was to late. Ok take the whole thing apart again grrrr switch inside screws out put cover on #%¥ forgot to plug the light back in. Open up cover plug in now this won't fit grrrrrrr It was a comedy of errors. It is finally back together and working. If I had a bottle of white zin I would be in heaven right now.

I have one of those who thinks he knows EVERTHING. Including cleaning out the brushes on my iRobot. He dang near broke it the first time he tried to clean it. So, like you I rescued it. The next time it had to be cleaned, I made him sit right next to me so he could see how to do it right!:wacko:

Puppy proofing the house.
My youngest son volunteers at an animal shelter. He kept mentioning this one dog in particular. Showed us videos of her reaction to him when she would see him.

Hubby and I are suckers. We didn't know what to get him for Christmas.
What do you get a guy who has everything, but the one thing he's really been wanting for years? A puppy.:ermm::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

She's a cutie. Chihuahua/Terrier mix 5 Lbs, 3 years old.
Yep she was dumped off. Was sick with a bad cough when they picked her up.
She's fine now. When I called to ask about her. I was told she's already been adopted. We were going to surprise him with her. He did mention to me about the adoption rules. We had no choice but to get him up and ask about them. He did some checking. Because her time at that shelter was up. It had been over a month and still no adoption. They took her out ,placed an adopted sign on her cage and paperwork. She was going to a rescue.Not sure if it would be a close by one or out of state.

He called around. Found that she was still there. They removed the move paperwork. Just in the nik of time. I saw the rescue van on our way in yesterday. Did the meet and greet with our dogs. No worries in that dpmt.

Sky is her name. She will be here tomorrow night.
He's very happy. The last thing we need right now is a puppy. But Sky is completely his responsibility. He has no problems with that. So I guess all's well.

Slowlyyy losing my hard earned Badger nikname...:LOL:

Best of luck with the puppy, Munk.

My wife is considering adopting a lab/shepard mix, and as much as i want a dog, we already have a zoo. There's only so much time and attention that we can split between our furry, feathered, and shelled family.

We are allowed to have a small to medium size dog here. Right now there are about five in the building. One is a service dog.

I would LOVE to have a small one. But there is no way I could walk it, or afford the bills that come with vet care. Then there is the cost of food.

So I am happy with Spike bringing Teddy to visit me every day. He is here usually about three hours every night. There are some days when he is walking him in the morning, they stop by for an hour or so for a coffee break.

Awww....Munky. So glad to hear it all worked out with Sky. :wub: Just goes to show, it was meant to be. Have fun with the new furbaby.

You can still be a Honey Badger when you need to be - don't lose those skills! :LOL:

Congrats on your new family member, Munky! And thanks for adopting a shelter pup! 3 yo is no longer a puppy, you won't need to worry about pottie training and such. Looking forward to pics!

Last edited:
No kidding! I'm not much of a "pink wine" drinker, preferring hearty reds or medium-body whites. However, I had two bottles of this in the *ahem* cellar (it's really the basement ;) ) from back when we would have a post-holiday gathering at our place every January after the holidays were all over. It was a favorite of a neighbor up the street, so I made sure I had some on hand. We don't do the gatherings anymore, and I need to clean out stock like this. Opened it for Thanksgiving, along with a quickly consumed bottle of Syrah, and this was still hiding in the fridge. Finished it last night, followed by a cabernet chaser. :LOL:

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :D :whistling

Angel Flight

Tomorrow, my copilot and I will be flying a 7 year old liver transplant recipient and his mother home.
It breaks my heart to see someone so young in such dire straits.

Tomorrow, my copilot and I will be flying a 7 year old liver transplant recipient and his mother home.

It's sad that there's a need for your service, but it's gratifying and inspiring to know that there are people like you to provide it.

But it's a blessing that medical science is able to fix him up and give him a new lease on life.

Like GG and Cheryl said, you're a good guy, Sous. The world could use more angels like you.

Back
Top Bottom