What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msm: You should get handbag and learn how to throw it at the kids.

It is tomorrow, slightly better but not good. Argh, this hurts so ****ing much.

I'm enjoying sitting. And a bit of wine - you know, for medicinal purposes. ;) I spent a good deal of this evening cutting up and packaging an 11 pound boneless pork loin, and two packages (8 pounds, 12 breasts) of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. Each item was on sale at the store for $1.69 a pound! I set aside a 4 1/2 pound pork roast to take with us when we head to OH; it will be New Year's dinner. I'll probably take enough breasts to make chicken marsala while we're in town. The rest will stay home and keep my other frozen foods company.

msmoffet, is this a regular standard cane you use? Would one of those kind you see advertised on TV work better? The cost would be medically tax deductible.

With this nasty weather, all of us who live in the upper half of the country are or about to be facing, we all need to be more careful. As a heart patient I know not to try and shovel. And that goes for you PF. Right now our biggest problem here in Boston, will not be the snow, but the rain that will come after. The temps are below the freezing and the rain will turn to ice.

msmoffet, sounds like the family needs to get an education in consideration. Such as letting everyone know you want one of the newer type canes for Christmas. And why. Take care. And don't be tackling those stairs in bad weather again unless a family member is at your side.

I am sitting here watching a rerun of The Golden Girls. I have been up all night.

Today is the Christmas Party for the building down in the Community Room. I don't know if I will go down. By then I will just want to sleep.

An Shrek wonders why I pay to have someone shovel...

Your funeral would cost a lot more than the price of that boy.

Years ago, even though I already was having heart problems, I would just push the shovel, turn it over and then shake off the snow. I would never pick up the shovel with snow on it. I still felt like I was shoveling. An activity I have always enjoyed. When all three of my boys were small, I would make them go and help our elderly neighbors. Even if they knew they wouldn't get paid. I would pay them instead. It got so, when that first snow came, I wouldn't have to even tell them.

I used to love shovelling the snow. Always hated cutting the grass though. Snow was always fun. Until I ruined my shoulder first right one, then left one. Though the right one doesn't hurt that much left one never stopped hurting even after all the therapies and medications and so on and so force (or is it forth). Can't even lift a shovel anymore.

Dog sitting Sky.She's adapting to us and her new home nicely.

YWwwwM3.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww, so cute! She doesn't even look (too) worried! :LOL:

Chihuahuas always have "that look". They figure they're much bigger than their size! And figure in terrier, even more pugnacious!

Once she gets comfortable, I have a sneaking suspicion you may have your hands full, Munky!

Last edited:
I used to love shovelling the snow. Always hated cutting the grass though. Snow was always fun. Until I ruined my shoulder first right one, then left one. Though the right one doesn't hurt that much left one never stopped hurting even after all the therapies and medications and so on and so force (or is it forth). Can't even lift a shovel anymore.

I have always loved any outdoor work. Gardening, mowing grass, shoveling, etc. I never understood why I couldn't run outside at 6 a.m. to play. Outside just held more interesting things to do. And still does.

Little Sky is a cutie. And you will have your hands full. Our DD got a chihuahua a bit over a year ago. They also have an Australian Shepherd that's about 2 years older. Gumbo and Voodoo respectively. Gumbo is the baby boss of the house. I swear that dog's feet hardly ever hit the floor. Most of the time, he's either in somebody's lap or being carried/cuddled in somebody's arms, except when he and Voodoo are racing around the house playing, or he's tormenting one of the cats, Majik or Ghost. They also have 2 red-eared slider turtles that they found as tiny little babies outside at different times. One of them is named Dixon (he was named Dixie until he got bigger and they discovered he's a boy) and I can't remember the other one's name, but it goes along with the theme of the rest.

That doggie is a real "awwwwww" producer!

What am I doing? Just came in from the "back 40" reconnoitering for a Christmas tree. Found one closer to the house, though. Oh, well, who cares if it's 21 below... :LOL:

Hey, Addie. Re snow shovelling. You are lucky you had 3 obedient boys.

Going to go into town to pick up my new glasses, refilled scripts and then to Mom's for a bit. Then, maybe I'll do laundry and pick up around the house.

Back
Top Bottom