What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone dropped their glucometer and all the other stuff that goes with it. Was on the way to check my mail. Pinned it up on the bulletin board. It is what you do when you find a lost key or anything else dropped in the halls around here. Those strips are very expensive and there was a full one in that little pouch.

RR, thank you for sharing your most recent shadowbox and dollhouse pics. I enjoy seeing them. Very cute! :flowers:

Holy moly, Jon...what a job! :ohmy:

Hi Munky Badger...good to see you again. How's the Mister Munky? :)

Last edited:
You're welcome. I'm in the process of getting a new camera and hopefully, that will take much better pictures.

Meantime, it shouldn't be so long until both the projects are finished. Well, they won't have all the furniture in them, but at least if I take pics of them then, you'll be able to see the rooms all done.

Looking forward to it. :) I put together a dollhouse many moons ago (from a kit, though) and I think my favorite part was gluing the tiny little shingles on the roof once it was done. Ha.

Someone dropped their glucometer and all the other stuff that goes with it. Was on the way to check my mail. Pinned it up on the bulletin board. It is what you do when you find a lost key or anything else dropped in the halls around here. Those strips are very expensive and there was a full one in that little pouch.

Do you remember what brand it was? I use a ReliOn Prime and I can get a package of 50 strips for $9. I don't have insurance though, so I get what is the cheapest.

I thought I'd add one more picture and this is the shadowbox living room with the chair in it. Obviously, there will be more furniture in this room than a chair (when I'm rich LOL), but I wanted to see how it went with the room.

Great hobby, RR... While I stopped mine, due to downsizing from a house to an apartment, for years I enjoyed replicating Victorians, barns, etc.. I miss doing this..

Ross

Attachments

• finished2.jpg
    finished2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I'm attending an all-day Master Gardener Advanced Regional Training program. The theme is Garden Legacies: What's Old is New Again - all about heirlooms. One of the speakers is the plant curator at Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and another has written books on heirloom tomatoes. Can't wait to plant some seeds!

Do you remember what brand it was? I use a ReliOn Prime and I can get a package of 50 strips for $9. I don't have insurance though, so I get what is the cheapest.

A One Touch Ultra 2. The same one I have. You have to have strips that are coded specifically for it. I do have insurance and know that mine are very expensive.

BTW, if you receive Medicare, they will pay for your strips in full.

I'm in the process of doing some spring cleaning. While things are neat and tidy, I've also been setting out my few Easter-themed ceramics and such. Made a number of items back when I took ceramics when the kids were small. It was cheaper than going to the shrink. :LOL:

I think I'm caught up on my cleaning - from 2011. I hate to clean...

I'm in the process of doing some spring cleaning. While things are neat and tidy, I've also been setting out my few Easter-themed ceramics and such. Made a number of items back when I took ceramics when the kids were small. It was cheaper than going to the shrink. :LOL:

I think I'm caught up on my cleaning - from 2011. I hate to clean...

I am with you on that. I have my days when I will go into the kitchen and just tear it apart. Picture the fridge, stove and two narrow counters. That is the length of my galley type kitchen. Pirate knows to get out of my way. And then there are other days when I tell him, don't worry. It is not going to leave. It will be there tomorrow. He can be a real clean freak when he wants to be. Of course it is always when I just don't care to do any cleaning that day. Hey, let him at it. Less for me to do should the mood move me. And then there are days when I only want to do commercial cleaning. Every time a commercial comes on, I will get up and clean something small. Like wipe down my two wide window sills. Or run the dust mop down the length of my kitchen. Nothing labor intensive. Some days the mood strikes us both at the same time and the house gets a top to bottom cleaning. But you can walk through my apartment without tripping over anything. And there are enough clean dishes and cups should I ever have company and wish to serve them something.

As long as your and DH are happy in your home, relax. Enjoy each other's company and your home. As long as the two have each other, that is what is important. Who knows. You may be packing to move back home soon. Then you will find all the areas you missed. :)

A One Touch Ultra 2. The same one I have. You have to have strips that are coded specifically for it. I do have insurance and know that mine are very expensive.

BTW, if you receive Medicare, they will pay for your strips in full.

Unfortunately, I don't have any insurance.:( I get my medicines through a local low-income health care clinic but they have had to stop providing meters and strips. My mom has Medicare and she gets the True Metrix Air meter and strips. But, because she's not on insulin, she can only test 1x a day unless she pays for the extra strips herself.

And they say my country ****ed up.. Meh at least it is free here. *hugs to you all*
I wish I could kidnap you all and get you to Sweden.

Hi Munky Badger...good to see you again. How's the Mister Munky? :)

Oh hi stranger.Good to see you to.:)

Mr.Munky has been doing well.Still in PT/CT 3 times a week.They've taken away his sling and now wears a wrist type brace.It keeps his hand from freezing up into a ball.His fingers are tingling to the point they hurt.That's a good sign.Wakey, wakey pinkey.. :LOL:

Mr. Munky is able to drive now.Short trips.Just not with me in the truck with him.I'm not stupid!:ROFLMAO:
Ran out of post it notes to stick on parked cars (just in case) that say "Sorry we hit your car, here's our contact info.Have a nice day!" :ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Honey Badger.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't have any insurance.:( I get my medicines through a local low-income health care clinic but they have had to stop providing meters and strips. My mom has Medicare and she gets the True Metrix Air meter and strips. But, because she's not on insulin, she can only test 1x a day unless she pays for the extra strips herself.

I am not even on pills anymore. I now control it strictly by diet. It took a long time. I have never been on injectable insulin. So that made it just a bit easier. I have what is called "All Inclusive" health insurance. Which means I pay for nothing. And if I hear of a new medication and want to try it, I am allowed to. The only problem I have with it is a matter of trust. They have to learn that I am not stupid. If I feel poorly, I will let them know. Right now I have to go in to have my vitals checked once a month. Mainly so they can charge my insurance.

I'm tackling the fridge. No, not literally. But 1/4 inch of broccoli soup isn't worth the container size, along with various and sundry other stuff, some unidentifiable, we haven't touched for a long time.

I'm tackling the fridge. No, not literally. But 1/4 inch of broccoli soup isn't worth the container size, along with various and sundry other stuff, some unidentifiable, we haven't touched for a long time.

That's what I am supposed to be doing...procrastinating by doing the laundry. There must be a scary refrigerator gene in my DNA...:ohmy:

At least "doing the laundry" lets you feel like you're working even though the machine does 95% of the work! :LOL: I'm waiting for a load to finish, too, so I can do the heavy lifting and move the stuff to the dryer.

Speaking of "heavy lifting", I'm resting a sore right bicep today. I wasn't lifting anything of considerable weight yesterday, but I did dust and vacuum. Today my arm hurts like I was in an all-day arm wrestling game. I'm not cut out for housework...

At least "doing the laundry" lets you feel like you're working even though the machine does 95% of the work! :LOL: I'm waiting for a load to finish, too, so I can do the heavy lifting and move the stuff to the dryer.

Speaking of "heavy lifting", I'm resting a sore right bicep today. I wasn't lifting anything of considerable weight yesterday, but I did dust and vacuum. Today my arm hurts like I was in an all-day arm wrestling game. I'm not cut out for housework...

I say we retire from housework and hang out sipping wine...

Back
Top Bottom