What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just woke up a short time ago. I'm trying to piece my brain back together, since I woke up suddenly (Mark) :neutral:. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, which I am making. We are going out for a nice dinner on Saturday. Today, it's just going to be casual, because I have to call relatives, etc.

pacanis said:
I'm sitting here listening to the roofers tearing off my roof...
I'm also contemplating my dinner.

Oh my! "Holiday Help" are you sharing your thanksgiving meal with them?

Last edited:
Good grief Pac!! Roofers working on T. Day?

I just took out Babe's recipe for Pumpkin Dump Cake....it sure looks and smells good. We'll be on the road in an hour to my son's house loaded down with the dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy makin's from turkey neck stock, and broccoli salad along with the cake. I can't wait for his annual spectacular turkey cooked on the charcoal Webber. He has a metal ring that fits between the Webber and the lid in order to accommodate a 23 lb turkey. Best turkey you'll ever eat, bar none.
He injects it with cajun seasonings and butter. We have a beautiful sunny day here, in the high 60's........perfect!!

Many blessings to you all........I'm so thankful to be part of this community.

two large green bean casseroles ready to go. the dump cake looks great. we had one last night when my daughter came by. this one goes to my granddaughter's , along with the beans, in about an half hour. she lives about five minutes from me. all the family will be there, sans my daughter and oldest granddaughter.

Kay, VB, it's been a very rainy fall. Roofers don't always pay attention to what day it is, especially when it's your name on the truck. They need to get their hours in when the weather allows. But they did go home after half a day :^) Got quite a bit done, too.

And I was sound asleep when y'all were either getting prepped for today or worrying about it, lol.

I slept in until 11...Shrek's fault, he thought I said I wanted to sleep until I woke up...I said that I was not setting an alarm because I was not on a schedule, but wake me when he got up. That's okay, though. I still have it all ready to go in about 30 minutes. Unless he keeps pushing his luck...if that happens he MIGHT have his jaw unwired in time for Thanksgiving next year!!!:ROFLMAO: (you know I'm kidding, right?:ermm:)

Dinner is done and the dishwasher is running. Food's all put away and pots, pans and roasters are cleaned of food waste and waiting to be washed tomorrow.

Sitting with my feet up. A little later it'll be a slice of pecan pie and vanilla ice cream.

Order has been restored!

Trying to decide if I want a Manhattan, apple crisp, stuffing and gravy or a turkey sandwich.

Too many choices.

I don't do well under pressure! :LOL:

eating a leftover turkey thigh, gonna save the bone for my cockatoo.

it's scary what the beak on that little guy can do to a bone.

I picked the buzzard clean this morning and the bones are bubbling away in the stock pot.

Condensed the leftovers to make room in the fridge.

Washed up the roasting pan.

Bagged up the trash.

Now I am waiting for my mechanic to call, my poor old car is leaking power steering fluid. This is turning into car appreciation month. Earlier this month I had to get a new fuel line and a new exhaust system. I guess mechanics gotta live too!

I picked the buzzard clean this morning and the bones are bubbling away in the stock pot.

Condensed the leftovers to make room in the fridge.

Washed up the roasting pan.

Bagged up the trash.

Now I am waiting for my mechanic to call, my poor old car is leaking power steering fluid. This is turning into car appreciation month. Earlier this month I had to get a new fuel line and a new exhaust system. I guess mechanics gotta live too!

I am not looking forward to tackling the sheet pan my duck was roasting on today. I didn't spray it with anything because I didn't want to "contaminate" the duck fat :(

hit it with some dw40, pac. that softens up anything so it can be scrubbed off, and it's easier to then remove the residue of the dw40.

Back
Top Bottom