"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #13991
Master Chef

Kitty diapers?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #13992
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Kitty diapers?
I can just imagine the Dr. bills after giving that a try!!

Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #13993
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Kitty diapers?
For Shreddy? I don't think so. Cleaning radioactive poop and pee out of his fur would be lots more work.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #13994
Chef Extraordinaire

I just finished lunch, two Canadian bacon sandwiches and a piece of cheddar, and just walked by the front window in time to see my one neighbor standing on her porch and snapping a picture... of the septic tank pumping out their tank.
hmmm...
Old 10-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #13995
Master Chef

You have a strange neighbor pac.

I'm stalling. I have to wash my hair. It has gotten so long it takes a while to rinse, and then to dry enough. I'm trying to get it long enough so I can donate to Locks of Love. They won't use it for wigs because of the gray, but they can sell it to offset the cost of other services. I have to get it long enough so when I do get it all cut off what is left is not really short. Like Miley Cyrus short.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #13996
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm futzing about, trying to get in the mood to do some shopping.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #13997
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Futzing here too. I took the afternoon off, as it's supposed to be the last warm day for awhile. Planned to dig up the stuff I want to overwinter, like rosemary, but my chair is so comfy and the court shows are on.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #13998
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

I'm stalling. I have to wash my hair. It has gotten so long it takes a while to rinse, and then to dry enough. I'm trying to get it long enough so I can donate to Locks of Love. They won't use it for wigs because of the gray, but they can sell it to offset the cost of other services. I have to get it long enough so when I do get it all cut off what is left is not really short. Like Miley Cyrus short.
I usually get a Pixie cut with the hair as close to the scalp as she can get it. I have her leave a small bangs and some shag hair at the back. Wash and wear. I love it. Right now I need a hair cut desperately. I am going next Sat. to get it all off. Last night when I took my shower, I took a look at my hair and it is a disaster. So I got out my curlers and set my hair. Good grief, it has been years and some eons since I had to set my hair. But when I combed it out this morning, it looked pretty good. My whole head is one mess of curls. I have really thick hair. The envy of my sister. It will hold this curl for about a week, before it will need to be set again. By then I will have it cut off. My hair is salt and pepper. Locks of Love does make grey wigs for women whose hair is grey. I have often thought to let it grow out to donate it.

We have a store over in Malden that specializes in wigs and breast implements for women who have cancer and have had mastectomies. The Cancer Society helps pay for the wigs if a woman can't afford the full price. A lot of insurances will pay for the special bras and other needs. Even the Susan Komen Fund. Helen works very closely with any organizations that will help a woman feel whole again. When my daughter developed a serious and debilitating case of Alepeica after the death of my youngest daughter, she had two wigs made up for her. They didn't cost her a cent.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #13999
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

I do! They are quite the family. They should be a movie. Maybe they already are.

I'm taking a breather right now before starting dinner. Watching the NFL Network and thinking about how much a new puppy is going to rock my other two dogs' world. Poor poochies.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #14000
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I usually get a Pixie cut with the hair as close to the scalp as she can get it. I have her leave a small bangs and some shag hair at the back. Wash and wear. I love it.....
No short hair for me anymore. I had really curly hair and Mom always made sure it was cut short once I became school-age. Looked like a stinkin' French poodle, especially when the style was to wear a little bow in the space between the hair coming down into bangs and the rest of the hair going back. *shudders* Thank goodness wearing it waist-long for years and pregnancy "messed" up the hair composition. Now I have, at most, a wrinkle. Can't even call it a wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Locks of Love does make grey wigs for women whose hair is grey. I have often thought to let it grow out to donate it.....
You must be thinking of some other organization Addie. I checked the LofL website just a few days ago and it says "Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs".. Age 21 is the oldest they will donate wigs to.