What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Busy morning. Up at 7, did my morning routine. Got Mom up at 7:45 so she could get washed up for fasting bloodwork this AM. Got home from that and stop at Farm Fresh around 10:30. Got her settled and fixed us brunch. Now almost through eating. After that, washing up dishes and fixing beds. No clue what will happen after that.

Found out today, why I have to fight my foot in the morning, it is pointing the wrong way... Yeah, more time with the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks! We did not get this one and our options are running out. But I am sure we will find the right one in time.

Remember, two years ago I was living in a motel with everything I owned stashed in a storage unit, looking for a house while going to my new job. It will happen, take heart! {{LP}}

Sorry to hear that, CP. Hope the doctor can straighten things out for you - no pun intended.

I'm listening to the last of my baseball game, waiting for it to wrap up so I can go to the grocery store by way of the library. I was going to shop yesterday but just couldn't work up the interest. The bane of a small grocery list...

Sorry to hear that, CP. Hope the doctor can straighten things out for you - no pun intended.

I'm listening to the last of my baseball game, waiting for it to wrap up so I can go to the grocery store by way of the library. I was going to shop yesterday but just couldn't work up the interest. The bane of a small grocery list...

No kidding, I hate driving the 35 miles for milk and bread at a good price.

I tend to use the "is the time and gas used worth the savings on the item(s)" calculation in my head, PF. :LOL: The store at the corner can have spendy prices for their basic, non-sale items, but more and more they're becoming my go-to for one or two things. At my age, I have only so much time to waste saving that dime for the kids to inherit. :LOL:

I tend to use the "is the time and gas used worth the savings on the item(s)" calculation in my head, PF. :LOL: The store at the corner can have spendy prices for their basic, non-sale items, but more and more they're becoming my go-to for one or two things. At my age, I have only so much time to waste saving that dime for the kids to inherit. :LOL:

I have a corner store...but I'm not spending $6 on a loaf of bread. The 8 miles into town is okay, but the prices are not much better, $4.50 for the same loaf of bread.

Cooking Goddess; I hop so too I dont want surgery, this hip has been a bother since I was kid and it just genetics that is the true problem. Now it makes my toes point inward it doesnt hurt that much. Annoying.

Thanks so much for all of your kind responses to my 'sort of venting' post. The elders across the street are so kind and sweet.:wub: Both are in the early stages of Altzheimers, but so far they are doing pretty good. Except for feeding themselves nutritious meals. Crackers and peanut butter doesn't cut it for 3 meals a day. I know it will only get worse, and we worry about Dan leaving the house to go for walks. Just got word that the daughter has hired 2 part timers for in home help, so that is a relief. That type of help is hard to find here, everyone who is qualified is already working.

So...what I am doing...:) It's minimum days at school for today and tomorrow for parent teacher conferences, so Tyler has been here since noon. I had some perfectly ripe bananas (Tyler called them rotten and wondered why I was saving them :LOL:) so we made a banana bread. It's in the oven now and the aroma in here is wonderful. :yum:

Thanks so much for all of your kind responses to my 'sort of venting' post. The elders across the street are so kind and sweet.:wub: Both are in the early stages of Altzheimers, but so far they are doing pretty good. Except for feeding themselves nutritious meals. Crackers and peanut butter doesn't cut it for 3 meals a day. I know it will only get worse, and we worry about Dan leaving the house to go for walks. Just got word that the daughter has hired 2 part timers for in home help, so that is a relief. That type of help is hard to find here, everyone who is qualified is already working.

So...what I am doing...[emoji2] It's minimum days at school for today and tomorrow for parent teacher conferences, so Tyler has been here since noon. I had some perfectly ripe bananas (Tyler called them rotten and wondered why I was saving them [emoji38]) so we made a banana bread. It's in the oven now and the aroma in here is wonderful. :yum:

I'm glad to hear that the couple you've been helping will be getting even more help. Such a difficult situation for everyone.

So cool that you get to teach Tyler how to make yummy food from what seems ... not so yummy! [emoji38]

:LOL: That's almost exactly what he said, he commented on how something that looked that yukky could taste so good. :ROFLMAO: It's a start, hopefully he'll take an interest in cooking! He's only 6 now, but it's never too early.

So next stop for me is physiotherapy and medical aid center since my leg is twisting my foot inward. I am 40 and already heading toward walking aid.

We will be thinking good thoughts as you go through whatever is necessary.. Stay strong...

Ross

Good luck. But keep in mind, there are plenty of folks in your shoes. I live in a building for elderly folks. There are at least ten residents in this building alone who use one. And when I go to Winthrop for my monthly vitals check, all the walkers are placed on the hooks that they have for the patients. at least 90
% of them use a walker.

Don't resist using a walker. A walker not only helps you walk, it gives you a sense of security from falling. You know you have something to hold on to in case you do fall. In the event a patient should fall, by holding on to their walker, it makes the fall less severe and therefor less injury.

I have two wheelchairs, one cane and a walker here in my apartment. Why? For "just in case." At one time or another I have had to use all of them. I spent a year in a wheelchair. I gradually worked my way through using all of them and now can run if the need is there.

Good luck with your therapy. Prayers are coming your way to help you to better health.

I am 40, I hope they find away to keep me on my feet for few years more.

I can tell you this much. There will be a lot of hard word on your part. The PT folks are going to put you through the mill. You will have days when you hate them, and then days when you see an improvement, that you love them. If they give you exercizes to do at home, do them carefully, but follow their directions. Don't do them to the point that you leave yourself hurting, exhausted and can't do anything for the rest of the day. That only defeats the purposed of PT.

Do keep us informed of your progress. Best wishes for you.

I can tell you this much. There will be a lot of hard word on your part. The PT folks are going to put you through the mill. You will have days when you hate them, and then days when you see an improvement, that you love them. If they give you exercizes to do at home, do them carefully, but follow their directions. Don't do them to the point that you leave yourself hurting, exhausted and can't do anything for the rest of the day. That only defeats the purposed of PT.

Do keep us informed of your progress. Best wishes for you.
I have gone to physio for a broken kneecap, twice and for my wrist and for both shoulders (rotator cuff problems). I have never hated the physiotherapists. But, I do agree about following their directions and not doing the exercises to the point of pain or exhaustion.

Good luck with whatever your doctor prescribes.

I been to the physio on and off for years and I do what they tell me, sadly that is also why I am in the state I am. I was treated for my weight and where told to move more, even when I complained I felt pain and tired. At 36 , they found I had muscle disease that been there for 30 years, I had all the symptoms , even the weird weight gain and every one ignored it so my muscles are over worked and I have to be even more careful then normal.

I have two wheelchairs, one cane and a walker here in my apartment. Why? For "just in case." At one time or another I have had to use all of them. I spent a year in a wheelchair. I gradually worked my way through using all of them and now can run if the need is there.

How on earth did you end up with 2 wheelchairs, if I may ask? Mom has a walker and a cane here in the house (well, a Rollator and a cane), and her wheelchair is currently in the garage. She uses the cane mainly when we go out and she is not going in the stores with me. IF she wants to go into Walmart with me, we take the Rollator. She also uses the Rollator to hold on to for balance when he does her PT nights. She rarely uses the cane in the house.

Back
Top Bottom