What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, in this part of town, no one hires a moving company. They rent a truck, buy a case of beer and get all their friends to come and pitch in. They get boxes from the grocery store, liquor store and any other place that receives their merchandise in boxes. Here they all move on the cheap.

That's the way every other move I have ever had went. Except with the addition of pizza or KFC! Oh, and some soft drinks for us non-beer drinkers ;)

SO and I just got back from the orthopedist. She got cortisone injections for bursitis on the hip and I had x-rays of my right knee to determine that I have degenerative arthritis. Got a hinged brace and a Rx for PT. Yay! The pleasures of getting old.

Beats the alternative, Andy. ;) Hope all your and SOs body parts feel better soon.

I figure as long as I can still feel my aches, I know I'm still alive. Too bad my aches are actually from getting out of bed and not from a ski run downhill or showing my kids how to do cartwheels. At my age, cartwheels could=broken something. :wacko:

What I'm doing (well, not quite yet "doing"...)

So, do you want to know "what I'm doing?" or "what I should be doing"? :LOL: I'm goofing off online with the TV going and a cuppa tea almost gone. What I should be doing (and will be shortly) is finish up washing screens. Then it will be off to wash the window frames and outside of the windows. I don't wash the inside glass until Himself gets the screens into their frames. His thumb and fingers seem to print up the inside of the window Every Single Time. *sigh*

SO and I just got back from the orthopedist. She got cortisone injections for bursitis on the hip and I had x-rays of my right knee to determine that I have degenerative arthritis. Got a hinged brace and a Rx for PT. Yay! The pleasures of getting old.

I feel for you both, Andy! I have osteoarthritis in every joint, my spine, and my neck. Cortisone shots don't seem to work on me. They tried them in my knee and my hip (also bursitis). I hope you get a good PT that gives you massage therapy in addition to exercises for your knee.

What am I doing now?
I am having some Kit Kat ice cream and vegging in my recliner while watching a recorded episode of Jane the (no longer) Virgin ;)

The movers and cleaning ladies are booked, I am having some friends coming this evening to pack up my china cabinet so all is right with the world! :)

That's the way every other move I have ever had went. Except with the addition of pizza or KFC! Oh, and some soft drinks for us non-beer drinkers ;)

Ya gotta love those kind of friends. Sounds like a pizza party is called for when you are settled in. Congratulations on solving all the problems. HAPPY MOVING.

Ya gotta love those kind of friends. Sounds like a pizza party is called for when you are settled in. Congratulations on solving all the problems. HAPPY MOVING.

Thanks, Addie! Yes, I have wonderful friends and family. And I might even make homemade pizza if my new stove arrives in time! It is the most important appliance as far as I am concerned and the only one that really needs replacing at the place!

Morning everyone!

Just got through with breakfast and did the regular morning stuff. Going to Food Lion after "The View" goes off.

Hope everyone has a good day.

We just got back from the bank who has our mortgage for the new place. It will be great when we move, but right now it is a good 45 minutes away.

We stopped at a McDonald's Drive-Thru for our contribution to McHappy Day - 2 Big Macs, a large fry and an Oreo Cookie Frap to share.

When we got home the building manager was just pulling up with the contractor who will be fixing the holes in the wall from when we had the flood. The mold smells are still coming through from the neighbour's place but he won't be doing the work until next week.

I got a call at the bank from my surgeon's office that the spot I was bumped from on this Friday is available again. In many ways it is not convenient now but my hernia has really been acting up these last few days so I said yes. Whatever I get done in arranging things gets done and anything else gets left until next week when I feel better. Most things are done but there are still a few places to inform of our move. Packing will be supervised by me and done by some incredible friends and family.

You just wore me out..WOW, people say I'm busy.
Very happy for you both on your new home..You know we'll need pics.

How's my Lil" Monkey doing in all the chaos? Does she need Aunty Munky to come pick her up and cat sit?

Here it's 98 in the shade decided to not do much today.
Right now eating an ice cream cone x"s 2. Just because.

Coloring my hair from a box "Because it say's I'm worth it" I'm alright with that. Hope it' doesn't turn my hair orange.LOL!

Excuse the type O's. Can't wear my glasses yet.
You guys look blurry. :ermm:

How's my Lil" Monkey doing in all the chaos? Does she need Aunty Munky to come pick her up and cat sit?
Your little Monkey just plods through life where her canine sister, Violet, is a bundle of nerves every time we pack a box (she hates change as much as I do). I am sure Monkey would love for you to come and "rescue" her on move day because we are trading in "her" fenced yard and all that is on the other side for a third story balcony. I am hoping we can get her back on a harness and lead so I can take her across the street to the dog park. I am planning to go there with my laptop to write so Violet and Monkey can have some outdoor time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a recipe for that, Blissful? I would love to make my own.
Sure.

1 cup dried elderberries (there's about 4 cups in a lb of them) (or you can use fresh elderberries if you are sure of what you have)
4 cups of water
Bring to a simmer and keep it warm for 4 hours.
Strain out the elderberries. Put the elderberry/water back into the pot.
Reduce it down to about 1/2 cup.
Add 2 cups of honey. Store in the refrigerator.
This makes a very dark red/purple syrup.
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon for a sore throat or cough.

You can also add some fresh ginger to it when cooking the elderberries, if you like. There are many recipes for it out there. *this is not medical advice, these recipes are found under herbal medicine which may or may not be of any medical value* Some recipes say not to heat the honey because it reduces the beneficial effects of the honey, while other sources, say to put fresh elderberries in honey for 6 weeks and warm it many times before straining it.

Missed work tonight, was in the ER...again. I'm okay, very dizzy and falling over due to a change in medications. Then I had a Panic Attack in the ER and they ended up doing a heart workup. Just got home.

Missed work tonight, was in the ER...again. I'm okay, very dizzy and falling over due to a change in medications. Then I had a Panic Attack in the ER and they ended up doing a heart workup. Just got home.

My dear sweet princess, please be careful. We need you around here and Shrek and the cats need you too. I have had panic attacks in the ER and they are not fun. They aren't fun anywhere, but especially there! {{{{{Fiona}}}}}

Glad you are safe at home, no more excitement please! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My dear sweet princess, please be careful. We need you around here and Shrek and the cats need you too. I have had panic attacks in the ER and they are not fun. They aren't fun anywhere, but especially there! {{{{{Fiona}}}}}

Thank you, Ladies. I'm off to bed and see if I'm better in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom