What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dear, CP. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon! Several of our members and/or their spouses here also live with chronic pain, it's a terrible experience.

Last edited:
Another day, another appointment for Mom. Podiatrist appointment for her to get her toenails cut and her feet examined. Medicare covers one every 60 days because she's diabetic. May go to the grocery store afterwards, depends on how she feels.

Yeah, that feet checkup is really, really important. The first two areas that diabetes affects are the eyes and the feet. A relative of mine that when she was living here, ignored all signs of her eyes not doing well. Today she is blind and had to move back to California to be near her son and immediate family. She refused to admit that she was diabetic and take care of herself. The last I heard from her she had one foot amputated.

Yeah, that feet checkup is really, really important. The first two areas that diabetes affects are the eyes and the feet. A relative of mine that when she was living here, ignored all signs of her eyes not doing well. Today she is blind and had to move back to California to be near her son and immediate family. She refused to admit that she was diabetic and take care of herself. The last I heard from her she had one foot amputated.

I know - she has 2x yearly eye checks, she's also had cataract surgery on both eyes. Her feet looked really good yesterday, according to the foot Dr. The clinic I go to for my care does diabetic eye exams 2x yearly and diabetic foot exams 2x yearly.

SO just hard boiled some eggs. I could hear her cursing one egg as she tried to peel it. She commented that it was impossible to peel and she was leaving it for me.

It was the egg from hell. That chicken must have chugged some Elmer's Glue before laying that egg. I couldn't get a piece of shell that was as much as a quarter inch in size.

Perseverance won the day and I had a nice egg for breakfast.

Please don't feel the need to post your egg peeling tips. We know them and they didn't work on this egg. I'm telling you, Elmer's Glue!

SO just hard boiled some eggs. I could hear her cursing one egg as she tried to peel it. She commented that it was impossible to peel and she was leaving it for me.

It was the egg from hell. That chicken must have chugged some Elmer's Glue before laying that egg. I couldn't get a piece of shell that was as much as a quarter inch in size.

Please don't feel the need to post your egg peeling tips. We know them and they didn't work on this egg. I'm telling you, Elmer's Glue!

The eggception that proves the rules! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have tried every "foolproof" method of hard-boiling eggs, and they all greatly underestimate the power of a fool. I now buy them boiled and peeled at the grocery store.

CD

I am fysio therapist tomorrow to see what can be done about my constant pains and weight gain, yes I gained weight but my body is swollen is it most likely that.

All of us three adults in this relationship has chronic diseases, we didnt plan it that way, but we dont have the same so most often we can help each other.

Well, tomorrow we take possession of our new condo and Saturday is our move date. So, I am very busy organizing the final stages of packing.

We have had several friends come over for a couple of hours and have made light work of it. Today, it will be cleaning out the fridges and freezers and I have a good friend coming for that.

I am getting frustrated not being able to do much but am being good. My surgery site is not healing quite as well as they want so I have to be extra careful and I am really trying to be.

Well, tomorrow we take possession of our new condo and Saturday is our move date. So, I am very busy organizing the final stages of packing.

We have had several friends come over for a couple of hours and have made light work of it. Today, it will be cleaning out the fridges and freezers and I have a good friend coming for that.

I am getting frustrated not being able to do much but am being good. My surgery site is not healing quite as well as they want so I have to be extra careful and I am really trying to be.

The best way to heal a surgery site is to be active, but not to push it too far. I learned this when I had a major surgery about 12 years ago. My doctor told me to get out of bed at least every two hours during the day, and walk around for a good 30 minutes. He even suggested I go up and down my stairs -- slowly.

He was right. The surgery required cutting through abdominal muscles, and using them on a regular basis stimulated healing. The trick is to stop well short of making the wound worse.

CD

Well, tomorrow we take possession of our new condo and Saturday is our move date. So, I am very busy organizing the final stages of packing...
Congrats! Good Luck! Wishing you many happy years in your new digs. :heart:

I have tried every "foolproof" method of hard-boiling eggs, and they all greatly underestimate the power of a fool. I now buy them boiled and peeled at the grocery store.
Just once, try THIS. If you want the long, scientific, rest of the story, read THIS. Been using this technique for a while now with no failures. YMMV. ;)

I know its backwards but boil the water first then put the eggs in. Be careful not to burn yourself. We were having trouble peeling fresh farm eggs. One old lady suggested this and it works.

The best way to heal a surgery site is to be active, but not to push it too far. I learned this when I had a major surgery about 12 years ago. My doctor told me to get out of bed at least every two hours during the day, and walk around for a good 30 minutes. He even suggested I go up and down my stairs -- slowly.

He was right. The surgery required cutting through abdominal muscles, and using them on a regular basis stimulated healing. The trick is to stop well short of making the wound worse.

CD

Thanks, CD. I am no stranger to surgeries having several abdominal ones over the last decade. You are so right that a good balance of exercise. My limitations are bending and lifting, which packing requires lots of but I am doing well, packing a box with it on a chair and waiting for someone to move it before starting the next one. And I get to walk around and boss everyone else! :angel:

I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more chickens. These are not chickens and I didn't buy them. My daughters class hatched them and she gave them to me.

FB_IMG_1495152578734.jpg

Thanks, CD. I am no stranger to surgeries having several abdominal ones over the last decade. You are so right that a good balance of exercise. My limitations are bending and lifting, which packing requires lots of but I am doing well, packing a box with it on a chair and waiting for someone to move it before starting the next one. And I get to walk around and boss everyone else! :angel:

Oh yeah, don't be lifting things. That's a good way to mess things up. The trick is to keep the muscles moving, without straining them. It is very much a balancing act.

CD

Back
Top Bottom