What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I got myself in the middle of another car sale. Every time I do it, I say I'm not going to do it again. Worst part is, I was in the middle of the last time this car sold. We had to get it from Europe to California, via Texas for tax purposes. That one took several days off of my life expectancy.

Anyone here have a million-and-a-half burning a hole in their wallet?

CD

I am relaxing with my feet up, after a day spent at the new place. We got the keys at 2 pm and went over to "map out" the furniture layout so everything can just go to its place and we will only have to worry about boxes. We even marked furniture placement with painter's tape and post-it notes so it should be a piece of cake!

By this time tomorrow night, we will be pretty well all moved in except the items in storage at my BIL's house.

I just have to pack up the last minute kitchen and bathroom stuff as well as the cleaning supplies (which I won't take until Wednesday, even though we are getting people into clean, I want it just in case). The new place was very clean!

Great news, LP. Take care, it's good to hear you have help! Moving can be a pain, but it's also kind of exciting that once is all said and done, you can make this your new home. Best wishes to you!:flowers: I hope the furbabies adjust quickly.

Last edited:
Great news, LP. Take care, it's good to hear you have help! Moving can be a pain, but it's also kind of exciting that once is all said and done, you can make this your new home. Best wishes to you!:flowers: I hope the furbabies adjust quickly.

Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I am hoping they adjust quickly too. It is going to be a huge change for both of them and I am not too sure how it is going to work. It will be a change for us as well because we will actually have to take Violet for walks each time she needs to "go" rather than just opening the back door in the mornings and evenings. But the dog park across the street will work out great in the middle of the day! :)

Cooking some green beans & red potatoes in ham juice at the moment. Kids and grandkids are in town for the weekend. They are at the Potato Festivat at the moment, so Mom and I are enjoying the peace and quiet that is in the house. Love them to death, but as I get older I see why God gave babies to younger adults.

Nice dreary, rainy day here along the river. I had some rhubarb I snitched from the neighbor, some apples that were somewhat "meh", and a couple of oranges that were expiring. Cut them up, and will make them into sauce/jam/whatever. We'll see what happens.

Just came home from shopping at the farmers market for veggies. Also got some herb plants from the master gardener booth for $1 each! Three sweet basil, one cinnamon basil and one dill. The dill might last another couple of weeks. If not, there's enough on the plant for a batch of tzatziki :yum:

I also stopped by the Feed & Seed Store to pick up some flowers to plant in the pots on the porch. While I was out, a cold front came through and now it's 69 degrees! Need to put on a shirt with longer sleeves [emoji38]

Off and on I've been going through my photos on the computer/cloud and winnowing them down to a precious few. I am often amazed that I have kept multiple versions of essentially the same image for so long. I deleted around 140 during today's session.

I'm staring at my silicone muffin thing. Debating whether to whack it in half so it will fit in my toaster oven. Rarely do I bake, but I do like to make ham and egg muffin cups, and chances are DH and I won't go through 12 of them at any given time. Six is a more reasonable quantity for two people.

I'm staring at my silicone muffin thing. Debating whether to whack it in half so it will fit in my toaster oven. Rarely do I bake, but I do like to make ham and egg muffin cups, and chances are DH and I won't go through 12 of them at any given time. Six is a more reasonable quantity for two people.
Do it! If you ever want to make 12, you can put both halves in the big oven [emoji2]

Took a short trip over the weekend to visit some friends. Lost something on the way home. I wonder where that went? FB_IMG_1495421066407.jpg

Too funny Jon... the window?

Who is the guilty party that didn't close it tight? LOL...

glad I'm not there to hear the debate! :ohmy::ROFLMAO:
I will claim this one. I knew it would work loose in the wind. We drove in storms in the way down and I forgot to check it before we left. Fought 20-30 mph gusts on the way home.

I have a toaster oven also and was wanting to fix some cream cheese muffins but all my pans are just too big to fit in it. So, I think I will get some o the silicon pans and cut them in half. But, I think I will wait and see how your experiment turns out first.

Back
Top Bottom