What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Continuing on my doll clothes/accessories journey and having a wonderful time. Made lots and lots of outfits and began making beach chairs last week. I can't stand it! The chairs are so cute! Almost wish I was 18 inches tall and could relax in one.:rolleyes:

Here are some photos of some of the shorts sets I've made and one of the first beach chair.

The first two tops were made out of onsies I bought at Goodwill and cut up to make tee shirts.

Attachments

• Image0033.jpg
    Image0033.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Image0039.jpg
    Image0039.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Image0044.jpg
    Image0044.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Image0049.jpg
    Image0049.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Image0051.jpg
    Image0051.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 72
July 4th -

American Independence Day

My (late) Mother's Birthday - Happy Birthday Mom! Miss you!
she was born in Detroit -1910​

Due date for my 4th Great Grandchild - but no action yet!

just waiting...

Attachments

• cartoondragondoor-1.JPG
    cartoondragondoor-1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 65
Taking a day off. Got back in town yesterday, and go out of town again tomorrow. My dog came to visit. He goes back to the sitter's house tomorrow. I'm not sure if he remembers that that he lives here. :LOL:

CD

Taking a day off. Got back in town yesterday, and go out of town again tomorrow. My dog came to visit. He goes back to the sitter's house tomorrow. I'm not sure if he remembers that that he lives here. :LOL:

CD

It seems as though our doggies (and kitties, but don't tell the dogs) own our house.

Any time we go for more than a few hours, you'd think we'd been away for an eternity.

Helped Dad get the last plum tree planted, he got 3 Stanley Plums. Then we had late lunch and now I'm ready for a nap.

Staying indoors and scrounging for cold food to eat. We're still in a heat wave that has already killed at least 12 people in Montreal.

Today, thankfully, it doesn't seem to be as humid. But I've been too pooped to do anything outside. Yesterday I overdid it a bit in the heat, so I suffered today.:ermm::rolleyes:

Staying indoors and scrounging for cold food to eat. We're still in a heat wave that has already killed at least 12 people in Montreal.

I really feel for those who live where this kind of heat isn't normal. 100-plus degree weather happens every summer where I live, and we know how to deal with it, just as people up North know how to deal with snow and ice.

Tell everybody you know... stay hydrated. Even if you are not thirsty, drink water. TIP: If you don't need to pee as often as normal, you are not drinking enough water.

Also, look after your neighbors, especially elderly neighbors -- especially if they don't have air-conditioning. Don't wait for them to ask you for help. Check on them regularly.

CD

casey... most of these people (elderly) have no A/C and the temps in their apartments were 46 C which is about 114 F, add into that - the humidity.

Our news if full of sad stories as these elderly don't always feel thirsty and their bodies are not able to sweat.

I really feel for those who live where this kind of heat isn't normal. 100-plus degree weather happens every summer where I live, and we know how to deal with it, just as people up North know how to deal with snow and ice.

Tell everybody you know... stay hydrated. Even if you are not thirsty, drink water. TIP: If you don't need to pee as often as normal, you are not drinking enough water.

Also, look after your neighbors, especially elderly neighbors -- especially if they don't have air-conditioning. Don't wait for them to ask you for help. Check on them regularly.

CD
Good advice. We've been getting it in the media, along with lists of places to go to cool off.

As to how much water to drink, a friend of mine, who lives in San Diego and used to live in Arizona, and served in Iraq and in Afghanistan said that if your pee is pale, you are drinking enough. If isn't, drink some more.

Last edited:
I found out why we are hearing the numbers of how many have died of heat related causes is because it's part of Quebec's extreme heat plan. All the first responders and emergency rooms are reporting the cases immediately, so measures can be taken. Someone died in a senior's home. They promptly moved five at-risk residents to a facility with air conditioning. Other provinces are saying it will take up to three weeks to know how many people have died of the heat. The forecast is saying that the weather will be back to summer normal on Friday.

I found out why we are hearing the numbers of how many have died of heat related causes is because it's part of Quebec's extreme heat plan. All the first responders and emergency rooms are reporting the cases immediately, so measures can be taken. Someone died in a senior's home. They promptly moved five at-risk residents to a facility with air conditioning. Other provinces are saying it will take up to three weeks to know how many people have died of the heat. The forecast is saying that the weather will be back to summer normal on Friday.
Other provinces are saying it will take up to three weeks 90 days to know how many people have died of the heat.

I really feel for those who live where this kind of heat isn't normal. 100-plus degree weather happens every summer where I live, and we know how to deal with it, just as people up North know how to deal with snow and ice. ...

CD
It's not that we don't get as hot as this every summer. It's the duration. This is day seven of the heat wave. Today the number of deaths is up to 33 for the entire province.

From an article, “What we know about why heat kills people is that people with underlying medical problems are more vulnerable to accumulating heat,” Kaiser told the CBC. “So, after a couple days of being hot and living in a place with no air conditioning, the heat just overwhelms the body’s capacity to adapt.”

Thank goodness it looks like it will cool off to normal temperatures tomorrow.

Something killed all our chickens while we were gone so I did the most logical thing. I bought a sheep. Bob the goat didn't have anything to chase around anymore. I think he is happy.received_10103163488525913.jpgreceived_10103163491135683.jpg

She walks in beauty, like the night

Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that’s best of dark and bright

Meet in her aspect and her eyes;

Thus mellowed to that tender light

Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,

Had half impaired the nameless grace

Which waves in every raven tress,

Or softly lightens o’er her face;

Where thoughts serenely sweet express,

How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,

So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,

The smiles that win, the tints that glow,

But tell of days in goodness spent,

A mind at peace with all below,

A heart whose love is innocent!

She Walks in Beauty
By Lord Byron (George Gordon)

That '88 song by the band Church, "Under The Milky Way Tonight."

And it's something quite peculiar
Something shimmering and white
Leads you here, despite your destination
Under The Milky Way Tonight

Waiting. And waiting and waiting. My lot was supposed to be mowed last month. I called the guy who was going to be mowing it and he said he'd call me in two weeks. Two weeks went by and I called him after the 4th. Now he says he'll call me in another week.

Well, he gets a week from yesterday and then my call to him will be something along the lines of "I think you're overbooked. I need this done by the end of July, so I'm getting someone else to mow the lot."

I can't move until he mows the lot AND brings in water. I was hoping to be out by June 30th. Now it looks like August 31st is my last day here. Sheesh!

Also waiting to get my car fixed. It was supposed to be done last Saturday. But they called me and said could I bring it in on the 17th? Sure, why not, I'm not doing anything important right now, am I? ARRGGGHHH!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom