What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a wonderful visit, GG! It's great that you've stayed in such good touch with your exchange student and her family. ~ Sorry about the foot thing; I feel for ya. Literally. I don't have neuropathy , but my feet are very crabby because of arthritis, lousy arches, and Sir Bunion.
Thanks, CG! She's a sweetheart I was in the hospital a lot while she was with us, which, interestingly, solidified her desire to become a nurse. And she did [emoji2] We Skype sometimes. Modern technology is amazing.

Pack?Or Good Will?

Packing/cleaning the kitchen today.After I actually wake up.
Not quite there yet.
I can't decide if I want to keep the Rotisserie, Bread maker,Pressure canner used once.Put into the garage pronto!? Canning isn't my thing.Bores me actually.
Both have been sitting on the counter unused for many months.Collecting dust.The Rotisserie hasn't been used in over a year.I don't have the time to cook the way I used to.
If I get rid of either they won't be cheap to replace.
The kitchen is going to be painted real soon.

Suggestions?

ChefMonkey, I use my canner and pressure canner about 60-70 times a year. I bought both used at half price or less. Facebook, if you do that, has buy/sell/trade groups you can join and people from your area contact you and buy the item. Well, that's one idea. Good luck.

Speaking only for myself...When I left California for Missouri, I disposed of all but personal knives and kitchen tools.. All electrical appliances went to good homes..

Jeannie shipped our Ninja and a few of her personal things like knives, a couple of pots which were her moms..

Thus far I have missed little.. I am replacing those things I feel a need for with one basic rule.. No single purpose appliances, if possible..

While I do have the time, I don't cook as I used to either.. At this age, I plan to do as I want, when I want..

Ross

ChefMonkey, I use my canner and pressure canner about 60-70 times a year. I bought both used at half price or less. Facebook, if you do that, has buy/sell/trade groups you can join and people from your area contact you and buy the item. Well, that's one idea. Good luck.

Want another? :LOL:

It's a little dusty.Might have the original box.
I don't do Fakebook or Jeeters or Craigs list.They just creep me out.

Munky.

Speaking only for myself...When I left California for Missouri, I disposed of all but personal knives and kitchen tools.. All electrical appliances went to good homes..

Jeannie shipped our Ninja and a few of her personal things like knives, a couple of pots which were her moms..

Thus far I have missed little.. I am replacing those things I feel a need for with one basic rule.. No single purpose appliances, if possible..

While I do have the time, I don't cook as I used to either.. At this age, I plan to do as I want, when I want..

Ross

Were hoping to do the same.Getting out of here is turning out to be a huge hassle.

Munky.

Munky.

Thanks but no. DH does facebook, I don't. You could always ask a friend to list it for you, give them a little cut. All you'd have invested in it would be a picture and description.

Remember The Ring...

It's finally finished,all I have to do is pick it up.
Finally a yesssssss day!.
What's really cool is that the ring is a one of a kind for now.This little nobody owns it.
It originally started with asking to reset the stones.Change the band.
They did it.Hubby thought it needed a little something special.Took it back and asked for it to be added.Because of my twiggy stick finger size it took a while to size it down.
I just called the manager.She had pics taken of it to send to corporate.
She says it's most likely going to be added into their wedding set collection.
How's that for Munky Style!?:wub:
Will post a pic when I get it.

Munky.

Still waiting on that picture, Munky...

We finally activated my new phone. I've been avoiding this day because nice and shiny as that new phone is, there is still a lot of work to setting things up. I swear it took me an hour to hunt and kill what I hope are all of the buzzing, beeping, flashing notifications Every Stinkin' App had as a default setting. I'm still not sure what my ringtone is (and can't quite find where the setting is...), and I hope I can answer calls without going through all of the steps to unlock the device, but this Moto does seems a bit more user friendly to someone with a small tech skill set than the Samsung did. Time will tell! :LOL:

We finally activated my new phone. I've been avoiding this day because nice and shiny as that new phone is, there is still a lot of work to setting things up. I swear it took me an hour to hunt and kill what I hope are all of the buzzing, beeping, flashing notifications Every Stinkin' App had as a default setting. I'm still not sure what my ringtone is (and can't quite find where the setting is...), and I hope I can answer calls without going through all of the steps to unlock the device, but this Moto does seems a bit more user friendly to someone with a small tech skill set than the Samsung did. Time will tell! :LOL:

My 86-year-old dad is a master of his iPhone. If he can do it, so can you.

CD

CGoddess - I don't leave the store until everything is set up to my liking. Like you, I would eventually get it or wait for my son but I'm too impatient for that.

Munky.

Facebook just can't be trusted. And folks put pictures of their family that scare me. My family knows not to look for any comment from me regarding one of their postings.

CGoddess - I don't leave the store until everything is set up to my liking...
No "store" here, dragn. We order the phone online from Ting (our service provider), then Himself and I set up the new phone. We got all of my info to jump from one phone to the other, but I still need to fine tune every stinkin' app's settings all over again.

It's here. Wow did they a a beautiful job.Very happy with it.
Like you I have a pic of it on my new phone and don't know how to get uploaded here.Looking at it.I'll wait and see if my son has packed up his cameras.It needs a re shoot.Casey will drop through the floor.Not up to his standards at all.

But hey, these guys made me rebuild my comp from the bottom up how hard can it really be?
Like you I don't know what half of these new apps are for.Make them go away.New law here. I'm retired don't ask me to do a damn thing!:D
Actually have a sweat shirt that says that.I wear it with pride.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Here ya go CG,

b5uRgQe.jpg

GIu4ZSB.jpg

BdmFYeL.jpg

CQvZyT0.jpg

qNQu1P6.jpg

The underside (with sapphires inside of an "infinity" symbol):

Xl8K5i8.jpg

Oh Munky! *gasp* That is breathtakingly gorgeous! Wear it in good health and happiness.

I don't mind the apps. After I, I installed them. It's just having to go into each one to turn off notifications and set each up just the way you want - if they let you. At least this Moto has waaaay more storage than my Samsung, so I shouldn't have to keep cleaning out my cache and dump seldom used apps just to make room. Samsung had pre-installed all of their own apps and functions and took up an awful lot of space. :glare:

Munky! Drop dead Gorgeous! I don't think I've seen anything like that to take my breath away before.

Keep it safe! (my 'dragonhorde' is itching.. )

Last edited:
Oh Munky! *gasp* That is breathtakingly gorgeous! Wear it in good health and happiness.

I don't mind the apps. After I, I installed them. It's just having to go into each one to turn off notifications and set each up just the way you want - if they let you. At least this Moto has waaaay more storage than my Samsung, so I shouldn't have to keep cleaning out my cache and dump seldom used apps just to make room. Samsung had pre-installed all of their own apps and functions and took up an awful lot of space. :glare:

Thank you.:)
My phone couldn't get a very good pic.Everyone has a flaw.

Our son took these pics at sunset.Glad he hadn't packed up all his cameras.

Munky

Back
Top Bottom