"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #15251
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Cat Dear, you are a US Citizen now...just use a baseball bat...
You mean tire checker, don't you?
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #15252
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
You mean tire checker, don't you?
Egg Zachary, pacanis! I have one under my driver's side seat.
__________________

__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #15253
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
You mean tire checker, don't you?
That's the one...always have one in the car.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #15254
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Getty ready to go to the town Christmas tree lighting. Need to bundle up!
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #15255
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brasov
Posts: 139
Carl and PapaCat (good name for him) are back with a Samsung 60" LED TV, complete with a wall mounting fixture.

Cat heard them come in and grabbed a flashlight and ran to Joy to inspect for damage. PapaCat told her, "You're going to love this, Cat!" as he and Carl were bringing it in.

She said, "How nice." And ran out to inspect Joy. She came back in, very happy. Carl had taken the magnets off the back, put it through a car wash, and cleaned the magnets and put them back.

There were no dents or scratches, but Carl looked quite relieved when Cat thanked him for doing that.

Now Cat is hooking up the old TV, a 32" flat screen one to her desktop to use as a monitor. The guys are putting up the new TV.

So it seems no bloodletting or blunt force trauma is necessary tonight. But my goodness, this is a big TV! We don't have one this big, but I have the feeling this will most likely change when we return home.

MammaCat
__________________
MammaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #15256
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Getty ready to go to the town Christmas tree lighting. Need to bundle up!
You have these in the center of your town? I wish we had one. That is so very nice!

And do stay warm!

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #15257
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
I'm looking at this forum on my old TV as Mamma said. This is very nice!

Carl and Papa were indeed very careful with Joy, and she is nicely washed and clean.

It's so nice when others respect my feelings of my possessions; especially my Joy. I'm proud of Carl and Papa.

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #15258
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Carl and PapaCat (good name for him) are back with a Samsung 60" LED TV, complete with a wall mounting fixture.

Cat heard them come in and grabbed a flashlight and ran to Joy to inspect for damage. PapaCat told her, "You're going to love this, Cat!" as he and Carl were bringing it in.

She said, "How nice." And ran out to inspect Joy. She came back in, very happy. Carl had taken the magnets off the back, put it through a car wash, and cleaned the magnets and put them back.

There were no dents or scratches, but Carl looked quite relieved when Cat thanked him for doing that.

Now Cat is hooking up the old TV, a 32" flat screen one to her desktop to use as a monitor. The guys are putting up the new TV.

So it seems no bloodletting or blunt force trauma is necessary tonight. But my goodness, this is a big TV! We don't have one this big, but I have the feeling this will most likely change when we return home.

MammaCat
I know what you mean. I went from a 44" tube TV to a 60" flat one. Took me a long time to get used to it. Now I want a bigger one. My daughter's is HUGE. It hangs on her wall and is hooked up to surround sound by Bose.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #15259
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
You have these in the center of your town? I wish we had one. That is so very nice!

And do stay warm!

With love,
~Cat
Cat, put MamaCat and PapaCat along with Carl in Joy and find a ritzy part of town. Drive them around to see all the lights. If you look in your local paper, usually on Thursday they will have a section telling you all about the holiday events going on in your city and surrounding towns. And most of them are free. Most Churches have a day of their choirs giving a concert. Beautiful music and usually refreshments after.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #15260
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I'm looking at this forum on my old TV as Mamma said. This is very nice!

Carl and Papa were indeed very careful with Joy, and she is nicely washed and clean.

It's so nice when others respect my feelings of my possessions; especially my Joy. I'm proud of Carl and Papa.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, it wasn't respect, it was pure FEAR!
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.