What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I made my first venture out into public since the leg surgery. It was Eastie's turn to host the Columbus Day Parade. We share the holiday with the North End of Boston.

After 2.5 hours, the weather started to look ominous and the clouds turned dark and threatening. I was on my electric scooter and rushed home. If I get the console wet, I can kiss the scooter goodby. My daughter had left earlier to put her food on to finish cooking. She had told me and her family it would be ready in one hour. Sorry. I couldn't stick around. So when I got home, I called her and she told me that she would bring me a big bowl of her pasta and meatball meal at five p.m. Here it is ten p.m. and it's a good thing I wasn't waiting up for her. She has been telling me that she was coming over for the past two weeks. Now it is supposed to be tomorrow morning around ten a.m. Okay, I have a sense of humor along with patience.

I'm going to go out in the front yard around 7:15 and see if I can view the satellite launch from Vandenberg AFB. :)

https://www.spacex.com/webcast

Not the greatest pics from my cellphone and the streetlamp was on which interfered with lighting....but it was pretty cool to watch this in real time!

Attachments

• satellitelaunch1.jpg
    satellitelaunch1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 92
  • satellitelaunch2.jpg
    satellitelaunch2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Not the greatest pics from my cellphone and the streetlamp was on which interfered with lighting....but it was pretty cool to watch this in real time!

A friend and I were on a freeway near LA and saw one launch in front of us. We had no idea it was going to happen, we were just in the right place at the right time. Between the two of us, we had about $20K worth of camera equipment with us, but we were on a freeway, and I don't remember if I managed to get a camera out in time.

CD

That would have been a great shot with all that camera equipment, Casey! Not that you could have pulled over on an LA freeway though, unfortunately.:ohmy:

That would have been a great shot with all that camera equipment, Casey! Not that you could have pulled over on an LA freeway though, unfortunately.:ohmy:

I vaguely recall shooting some pictures through the windshield, which was not very clean. I'll have to see if I can find any shots in my archives.

CD

Those are amazing Cheryl! Good for you. Put a big smile on my face this morning.

Casey, look at it this way... at least you saw it :LOL:

I've been listening to what appears to be my last baseball game of the season. It's getting uglier by the inning for my Cleveland Indians. Once again I'll have to pull out the reliable Cleveland sports' fan motto: Wait Until Next Year.

Seriously considering changing the dinner selection tonight to an all-liquid one - Bourbon, rum, vodka...

I've been listening to what appears to be my last baseball game of the season. It's getting uglier by the inning for my Cleveland Indians. Once again I'll have to pull out the reliable Cleveland sports' fan motto: Wait Until Next Year.

Seriously considering changing the dinner selection tonight to an all-liquid one - Bourbon, rum, vodka...
Awwww... :(

Good idea on dinner tho... ;):LOL:

Ross

I was watching the game but gave up. I was rooting for the Indians as I am a Francona fan. Sorry.

Thanks, Andy. I was dreading this match-up all second half of the season. I would not be surprised if Houston repeats as World Series champ. I'll keep my eye on your Sox, but I'm afraid that the Astros are just lying in wait, ready to pounce and kill their next challenger. :(

SO is having her knee scoped today to repair her meniscus and clean out some debris. Sitting and waiting with her to get called in.

Got stuff done today. I found a free fax place, so I could phone RAMQ (Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec [Quebec Health Insurance Authority]) and ask them to fax me a temporary health card. I'm waiting for the regular one to arrive in the mail. I am now in possession of that temporary card. I'm boggled that they are still using fax machines. That's so last millennium.

I let the old one expire and then went to get it renewed. If only I had done it in time, it would have been so simple. I would just have gotten it at the same time as my driver's license (which expired at the same time) and they would have used the same picture. I wouldn't have had to go to a separate place and bring photos.

I also scanned DH's health card and hospital invoice. Then I moved the scans into a shared folder on Google Drive. He had phoned the hospital where he had the angiogram to find out where to bring the invoice, so they could submit it to RAMQ for payment (yeah, his health card was expired too or there wouldn't have been an invoice). He was really, really pleased that they said to just email a scan of the invoice and card and they would handle it. He had not been looking forward to bringing that stuff into town by public transit during work hours.

Thanks tl. She had the other knee done years ago. Once the surgery impact wears off the knee should be fine. She had repairs done to the cartilage in her knee to repair damage and remove debris. Should be good once healed.

Glad to hear that your SO's knee procedure went well, Andy. How long before she'll be back to Rockette high leg kicks? :D I'd just be happy if my knees stopped barking at me whenever I walk up steps.

Glad to hear that your SO's knee procedure went well, Andy. How long before she'll be back to Rockette high leg kicks? :D I'd just be happy if my knees stopped barking at me whenever I walk up steps.

Not sure how long rehab will take. It's not a major surgery. Just two little holes in the knee for arthroscopy. She'll push herself to the limit and make me very nervous along the way.

My knees really complain most (significant cartilage loss) when I go DOWN stairs.

When going down steps, my ankle issues out-bark my knee issues. Trade-offs as we age, eh? Just so long as I'm motoring under my own power, I should just shut up. :LOL:

I really want a one-floor house...

Back
Top Bottom