"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #15301
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
You're on your laptop. Just open a frame/window to Sports - CBSSports.com Sports News, Fantasy Scores, Sports Video, click on the Browns?/Pats? (not sure who IS wearing the unis today) game and follow along on the play-by-play app. It's how I "watch" Browns games most of the time.

PS - sure hope they don't trade Gordon away.
And as usual the Pats came through and won!!! Yea!!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #15302
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Cat,

Have you ever gone to Biltmore House at Christmas time, I would love to see it.

I might need to borrow a tiara!

Biltmore
Yes! It is beautiful.

You may borrow one of ours.

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #15303
Proud American

To be honest, I'm thinking of funny posts which someone may post into this thread:

"What Are You Doing?"

1. I'm digging a very stubborn booger out of my nose.

2. I just came back from checking the crawlspace under the house. I'm so very happy! There is room for at least three more bodies!

3. I heard a strange noise in the house last night, so I'm cleaning my gun.

4. I'm ordering a hit on an ex-friend. Isn't the Internet just wonderful?

5. I'm stocking the moat with alligators.

6. I'm trying to figure out why so many of my dinner party became ill. There wasn't THAT much arsenic in the potato salad.

7. My neighbor is being very annoying, and I can't find my chainsaw.

8. I'm so mad! No one got into a fight on the Jerry Springer Show today!

9. I'm very disappointed. No one wants to come to my house for meals. Like black mold and rats are some kind of a problem!

10. I hate this forum! Some Ogress took away my post for roasted termites. How else does one get rid of these things?

Ha!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #15304
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
To be honest, I'm thinking of funny posts which someone may post into this thread:

"What Are You Doing?"

1. I'm digging a very stubborn booger out of my nose.

2. I just came back from checking the crawlspace under the house. I'm so very happy! There is room for at least three more bodies!

3. I heard a strange noise in the house last night, so I'm cleaning my gun.

4. I'm ordering a hit on an ex-friend. Isn't the Internet just wonderful?

5. I'm stocking the moat with alligators.

6. I'm trying to figure out why so many of my dinner party became ill. There wasn't THAT much arsenic in the potato salad.

7. My neighbor is being very annoying, and I can't find my chainsaw.

8. I'm so mad! No one got into a fight on the Jerry Springer Show today!

9. I'm very disappointed. No one wants to come to my house for meals. Like black mold and rats are some kind of a problem!

10. I hate this forum! Some Ogress took away my post for roasted termites. How else does one get rid of these things?

Ha!

With love,
~Cat
Cat,

Have you gotten into some "wacky weed?"
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #15305
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Cat,

Have you gotten into some "wacky weed?"
No, I'm trying to learn humorous writing within a certain perameter, so I chose this.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #15306
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
No, I'm trying to learn humorous writing within a certain perameter, so I chose this.

With love,
~Cat
Just checking. It was out of character for you. That's why I commented.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #15307
Proud American

Mamma was helping me! I have odd parents. We are supposed to take an innocent subject and turn it into something bizarre with outrageous results. I chose this. I have to copy just my post, explain it is in a cooking forum under the "What Are You Doing Thread" and turn it in tomorrow.

It's all part of this using the imagination for to twist subjects. I had to think up something very bizarre but which pertained to the topic. It's really not too out of character for me, I think weird things like this sometimes.

I've just never shown this. Also, I confess, I'm writing a book about a talking dog (Azia) who visits a Romanian orphanage and helps the little children. But Azia only speaks to them, and to no one else.

I watch my dog and my cats, and sometimes I put in my journal of how they speak to me in their own way.

We're supposed to use our imaginations when writing of fiction, and also for writing of humor. I thought of the weirdest things possible to be seen of this topic, and Mamma helped.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #15308
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Mamma was helping me! I have odd parents. We are supposed to take an innocent subject and turn it into something bizarre with outrageous results. I chose this. I have to copy just my post, explain it is in a cooking forum under the "What Are You Doing Thread" and turn it in tomorrow.

It's all part of this using the imagination for to twist subjects. I had to think up something very bizarre but which pertained to the topic. It's really not too out of character for me, I think weird things like this sometimes.

I've just never shown this. Also, I confess, I'm writing a book about a talking dog (Azia) who visits a Romanian orphanage and helps the little children. But Azia only speaks to them, and to no one else.

I watch my dog and my cats, and sometimes I put in my journal of how they speak to me in their own way.

We're supposed to use our imaginations when writing of fiction, and also for writing of humor. I thought of the weirdest things possible to be seen of this topic, and Mamma helped.

With love,
~Cat
Hmmm. Very interesting. I've always talked to my animals and, I believe, they reply. My little Bella is very talkative and we have lengthy conversations.

Your story about Azia sounds wonderful and would be a sweet comfort to parentless children. Do pursue it to completion.

Humor writing is one of the most difficult areas in which to write well. My late husband, Buck, was a humor writer and his stuff was wonderful. One thing he always said was that for humor to be believably funny was that the best humor was based on the truth or real experience. Think about that. Real life can be really funny.

Have fun.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #15309
Chef Extraordinaire

Spike and I both swear Teddy can understand certain works like bath, walk, etc. And he won't jump up on my bed until I say the word "Up." When I ask him for a hug, he puts one paw up on my shoulder.

Spike keeps a water bowl for him upstairs in the bathroom. He will push it out to the top of the stairs when it is empty. He does the same with his food dish. He will push it right into your path. He doesn't have to bark or whine. He has his own way of letting you know what he wants.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #15310
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Hmmm. Very interesting. I've always talked to my animals and, I believe, they reply. My little Bella is very talkative and we have lengthy conversations.

Your story about Azia sounds wonderful and would be a sweet comfort to parentless children. Do pursue it to completion.

Humor writing is one of the most difficult areas in which to write well. My late husband, Buck, was a humor writer and his stuff was wonderful. One thing he always said was that for humor to be believably funny was that the best humor was based on the truth or real experience. Think about that. Real life can be really funny.

Have fun.
Oh my! Thank you! My parents took me to see orphanages, so that I could understand them.

I was supposed to take an innocent subject and twist it and use my imagination for to twist it.

I failed this before, when I used my post about taking my cats and my dog to the vet, which was very real! But I failed. This is also the same Prof who questioned me about Joy and who was not nice to me.

He is still not nice. I thought I had put that experience into a funny way here, but he said I had no imagination, and that I was as dull as a brick.

So, Mamma and I did this. I wasn't funny with real experiences either, I see.

He is probably right. I must work on this.

With love,
~Cat