What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, football season is over. Nobody left that I like. I guess I can do like last year, and watch the Super Bowl commercials on YouTube the day after the "nobody cares" VS the "nobody likes" game. Although, the Philly Special was pretty cool.

The big game should be the Chiefs VS the Saints, but like they say, it is better to be lucky than good.

CD

...The big game should be the Chiefs VS the Saints, but like they say, it is better to be lucky than good.

CD

As a Patriots fan I have to say your comment sounds like sour grapes. Enjoy the SB ads. I'll be watching my home team pay in the SB for the forth time in the last five years.

Well, football season is over. Nobody left that I like. I guess I can do like last year, and watch the Super Bowl commercials on YouTube the day after the "nobody cares" VS the "nobody likes" game. Although, the Philly Special was pretty cool.

The big game should be the Chiefs VS the Saints, but like they say, it is better to be lucky than good.

CD

Well, the Pats vs the Chiefs was definitely a nail biter. I do have to give Bostonians there due. They support all four of their pro teams and it can be very unnerving for the other team. So many times I have heard from players of other teams state that "Boston is a great place to play. The folks here really support their teams."

CD

cd, nobody hates to watch sports more than me. But when Boston is playing, I keep going back to the game. The only sport events I like to watch are Bull Riding and Ice Skating. Then the channel never gets changed until it is over.

I don't think games of sports are just played with only luck. ;)

As a Patriots fan I have to say your comment sounds like sour grapes. Enjoy the SB ads. I'll be watching my home team pay in the SB for the forth time in the last five years.

YEAH! Go Pats!!! I would love to see Brady with his sixth ring.

Last edited:

No sour grapes. My team (Steelers) didn't get the job done this year, although they did beat the patriots. No excuses. My Steelers didn't close the deal. I'll just have to put my black and yellow away until next year.

As for the Pats, good on you for supporting your home team, even if they are the most hated team in sports. It might be because they are good, or it might be because they cheat. IMO, they are both good... and yes, they do cheat.

As for "our lord and savior Tom Brady," he'd be a nobody if he played for the Detroit Lions. But, to be honest, Big Ben would be a nobody if he played for the Detroit Lions. They will both end up in the NFL Hall of Fame. I can't say I would invite either one of them to my house for dinner.

BTW, if the patriots win number six this year, it will be eleven years after the Steelers won their sixth Super Bowl.

CD

Last edited:
Well, football season is over. Nobody left that I like...The big game should be the Chiefs VS the Saints, but like they say, it is better to be lucky than good...
It is so odd, and yet comforting, that a Browns fan and a Steelers fan can stand in solidarity.
As a Patriots fan I have to say your comment sounds like sour grapes...
No sour grapes...
Himself and I called out "where's the flag???" a number of times today during both games. I'll be interesting in seeing the final report grading the NFL officials. Refereeing has been brutal all year long all across the boards. It was so bad in one Cleveland Browns game that a line judge was fired - first time that happened during the NFL season in decades. I'm sure every team has their list of bad calls, but the SB Nation article lists three additional serious miss-calls in earlier games - and the article was written only six games into the season! By the time the season was done, there were blown calls that, had they been called correctly in-game, would have given the Browns two more wins. For a team that has been the league's doormat since its return, a winning season would have been a big deal!

It is so odd, and yet comforting, that a Browns fan and a Steelers fan can stand in solidarity.

The Steelers and the Browns have a very long standing rivalry. But, it is a rivalry built on a certain amount of mutual respect. If the Browns would have been plying in the AFC Championship game today, I guaranty I would have been a big-time Browns fan for a day-- and I'm pretty sure Steeler Nation would have been with me. Not so with the Bengals or Ratbirds. If it was the Ratbirds VS Sir Tom of the house of Kraft, I would be hoping there was a way for both teams to lose.

Oh well, it's just a game. :)

CD

By the time the season was done, there were blown calls that, had they been called correctly in-game, would have given the Browns two more wins. For a team that has been the league's doormat since its return, a winning season would have been a big deal!

Breath, CG, breathe. The Browns actually have a good, solid, well-adjusted QB. No more "Johnny Football." Just hope that the front office doesn't go and screw it up. They have a bad habit of making bad decisions (Evidence: Johnny Football).

If the team does its job, the refs don't matter. Be patient.

As a Steelers fan, I had to watch a very talented team self destruct this year. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot -- that is what my favorite team did on a regular basis this year.

CD

I woke up around five a.m. Turned on the news. Sorriest thing I ever did. Our temps at that time for Boston was 0ºF. Wind chill -35ºF. Looks like I am going to be in the house until next May. I am so glad I do not have to pay any utilities such as electric and heat.

There are some towns out by Worcester and further west that their temps are below zero. We got very little snow yesterday. Mostly sleet and rain.

...BTW, if the patriots win number six this year, it will be eleven years after the Steelers won their sixth Super Bowl.

CD

I remember those wins. What century was that again?

The Steelers were unstoppable. Its amazing what some good PEDS can do for a team. Oh, but that wasn't cheating. Was it?

Attachments

• 50989083_10217802114022531_2035512244275511296_n.jpg
    50989083_10217802114022531_2035512244275511296_n.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I remember those wins. What century was that again?

The Steelers were unstoppable. Its amazing what some good PEDS can do for a team. Oh, but that wasn't cheating. Was it?

Tom Brady never had to look over his OL and see this...

Attachments

• serveimage.jpeg
    serveimage.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 82
We went to a huge indoor garage sale @ the fair grounds with D&SIL..

I was looking for TO cooking vessels and found a nice porcelain roasting pan.. Wish I had come across more but happy with what I found..

Stopped @ Steak N Shake on the way home for lunch/dinner... Guess I'll have to settle for cake later.. ;)

Ross

Attachments

• TO Roaster.jpg
    TO Roaster.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom