What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember, Ross. It seems like everyone I've talked to has had great results. I hope Himself's experience is just as good.

Now if we can only make it to the hospital on time. He has to check in at 6:30 AM. AM! Debating on whether to go to bed very early tonight or just stay up until it's time to leave. [emoji38]
Lol, knowing you guys, my bet is that you stay up all night [emoji16] Best wishes to Himself. And you, too, friend [emoji847]

Will be thinking of you both, CG. :heart:

Ugh....no surgery, just a pain in the ass complaint. I got a jury summons in the mail today, for 4 weeks from now. :ermm: Masks mandatory. Like that's going to happen....I can barely get in and out of a store in 15 minutes without getting claustrophobic and slightly panicky with a mask.

Oh no, Cheryl. I hope you can get out of it. I wouldn't want to sit around a bunch of people in these times.
Lol, knowing you guys, my bet is that you stay up all night [emoji16] Best wishes to Himself. And you, too, friend [emoji847]
Up - for now. On four hours sleep. Of all the nights that a baseball game had extra innings, too. [emoji38] I'm sure Himself and I will be taking nice naps this afternoon.

Quick update: Himself said that he could see better already in the little time he had between the doctor being done with surgery and turning him into a pirate. He's actually looking forward to having the other eye done in two weeks. And thanks for the well wishes.

Wishing CAL-FIRE all the best today. Thanking them for all of their hard work.
They are on over time around here. Lightning strikes have set off multiple fires around here. People are being evacuated all around us.
Today it's going to get up to 106 degrees. :ohmy:
Woke up this morning looked out the window. All I could see was orange sky ash dropping like it's snowing.

Munky.

Jeannie's daughter just had to vacate her home in the Las Palmas residential area in the hills above Salinas, CA. She just told us that, on her way out, the fire was burning on the next hill across from her home.

She went home from work to gather important papers, etc. Not a good situation.

Ross

Jeannie's daughter just had to vacate her home in the Las Palmas residential area in the hills above Salinas, CA. She just told us that, on her way out, the fire was burning on the next hill across from her home.

She went home from work to gather important papers, etc. Not a good situation.

Ross

Your daughter and I are neighbors...
It's sooo eerily orange here,HOT!!!!
The air quality is so bad, just taking the pups outside for a few minutes was making it hard to breathe. Gave me a headache. :sick:

I hope she's evacuating to a safe place.
My sister just sent me pics of Sacramento. It's just as bad up there.
Living in Idiot town here people are actually setting off fireworks:mad:
Seriously?!!!:huh::glare:

Munky.

Your daughter and I are neighbors...
It's sooo eerily orange here,HOT!!!!
The air quality is so bad, just taking the pups outside for a few minutes was making it hard to breathe. Gave me a headache. :sick:

I hope she's evacuating to a safe place.
My sister just sent me pics of Sacramento. It's just as bad up there.
Living in Idiot town here people are actually setting off fireworks:mad:
Seriously?!!!:huh::glare:

Munky.

Yes, she lives close to your area..

She has gone to stay with a friend in CV Village.. I think it may be too close to fires but, she is comfortable there. Hopefully, she won't be too long away from her home..

Ross

Thank you.. :)

She is safe and as content as possible, considering the circumstances.

She isn't overly concerned about the home as, she feels that can be replaced.

Ross

Glad to see that she's safe. Homes can be replaced. We can't be.
I'm keeping a close eye on the River fire. With all the emergency crews traffic in that area is a nightmare. My son had a hard time getting to Salinas last night. He said the freeways were filled with smoke he could barely see. The air quality is at a dangerous lvl still.
I've been cleaning the air purifier filters daily. Those have been helping to keep the smell of smoke out of the house. They are filled with ash drifting in the house.

Munky.

Glad to see that she's safe. Homes can be replaced. We can't be.
I'm keeping a close eye on the River fire. With all the emergency crews traffic in that area is a nightmare. My son had a hard time getting to Salinas last night. He said the freeways were filled with smoke he could barely see. The air quality is at a dangerous lvl still.
I've been cleaning the air purifier filters daily. Those have been helping to keep the smell of smoke out of the house. They are filled with ash drifting in the house.

Munky.

The good news is that there are no reported property/homes destroyed in her area. Of course, she is not allowed to go in that direction, as of yet.

She is staying in CV and east of where she is, is a mess too. Its a waiting game which I don't wish on anyone.

Ross

Update on Jeannie's daughter..

The area she has been staying in has been warned that evacuation orders may well be issued soon. Carmel Valley Village.

Karen and the friend she have been staying with have both left the home.
Karen has relocated to her aunts home in Monterey and her friend to her brothers home in a safe area too.

Ross

Update on Jeannie's daughter..

The area she has been staying in has been warned that evacuation orders may well be issued soon. Carmel Valley Village.

Karen and the friend she have been staying with have both left the home.
Karen has relocated to her aunts home in Monterey and her friend to her brothers home in a safe area too.

Ross
I'm glad she's able to keep safe. I have a friend in Healdsburg who may have been evacuated by now. I hope the firefighters are able to get the fires under control soon.

Back
Top Bottom