What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listening to the Classic Christmas Songs Channel on Pandora and the first song is Mele Kelikimaka! Merry Christmas, K'girl! [emoji445]
Forgot the picture! 20201225_103456.jpg

My situation is closer to hell than to high waters.

I grill year round but Impossible in no hurry to freeze my butt off.

In Los Angeles, I used to work with a guy who was originally from Buffalo, and every Christmas he would fire up his barbecue grill and have his wife take a picture of him cooking on it to send to the folks back home!

As for me, I am safe and warm in sunny San Diego, but I appear to have food poisoning, so most of the day will be spent in the bathroom and today's fare will consist of medications and plenty of liquids. Merry friggin' Christmas!

Last edited:
In Los Angeles, I used to work with a guy who was originally from Buffalo, and every Christmas he would fire up his barbecue grill and have his wife take a picture of him cooking on it to send to the folks back home!

As for me, I am safe and warm in sunny San Diego, but I appear to have food poisoning, so most of the day will be spent in the bathroom and today's fare will consist of medications and plenty of liquids. Merry friggin' Christmas!

Oh, no! Sorry to hear you're ill. I hope it's over quickly. Take care.

We need a rest!

It has been a busy few days, along with Christmas, we put in a new furance. Then we cleaned behind two refrigerators and cleaned the oven. The one refrigerator is in a little cubby hole. That was a big job getting that out. My DH and son-in-law put the furance in themselves. I am so glad that is all done.:)

Thank you! Mom, Dad and I went out for a pork chop dinner and we had a good time. M&D have been married 61 years today. It's a bittersweet day.

On the way home from Christmas vacation now. 3 days in a cabin with no power. We got the whole Tennessee rustic cabin in the woods white Christmas package. My wife's aunt and I cooked this whole meal on a gas grill. Turkey, stuffing, ham, gravy, taters, beans and rolls. received_443323286836994.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday, 1-2-21

Took a drive from Springfield,MO to view the snow covered landscape.
Got hungry near Joplin,MO and decided to find a non-fastfood place to eat.

Driving down Main St, we found Norma's Diner.
What a jewel this is. Fun place, great staff and delicious food. Catfish, chicken fried steak and Philly Cheese Steak.

Our only disappointment was that we wanted a pie to take home and they we all out of the one we wanted.

Everyone, in the area, should go eat at Norma's Diner. :yum: :)

Ross

I just finished shredding a red cabbage with the mandolin. DH will make it into the Danish, red cabbage dish, rødkål shortly.

Getting ready for a Snow Storm!!! WHEEEE!!!!
Even though I was born, raised and lived in Hawaii up
until 13 years ago, I love snow ... just so long as I'm prepared !!

SO!

I went to the market, stocked us up and now I'm
making Beth's recipe for Chicken Green Chile Stew!

https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/chicken-green-chile-stew-101500.html

I'll be making other things as well to share with the neighbors,
with this dish though I was thinking of making this:
https://www.elmundoeats.com/everything-bagel-whole-wheat-pull-apart-bread/

I found a 5lb bag of Whole Wheat Flour in the Garage Pantry
that needs to get used up, pronto!
And the Gal Pal's said that really liked the
Everything Bagel Seasoning on the Bread
that I made previously, soooooooo, I can
kill two birds with one stone ;)

Last edited:
Back