"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #17711
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Now that is exciting Cara! So I'm guessing you will be able to go visit and not have to be apart for so long at a time? Yay!! I'm happy for you!
arrivo d'Italia.
Went to the supermercato this morning and spent almost 200 Euros (about $275) on electric kettle, plates, knives, spoons, forks, a pan, a bialetti, swab, detergents and who knows what else.

Weather was sunny in between, it rained this mornings and it looks as if it will start again soon...

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #17712
Chef Extraordinaire

Wow! Another sunny day again! Below zero, but what can you do...
And I'll tell you why it's so glorious today. After two weeks I finally took a REAL shower!
It all started like this: My shower head needed replaced due to a broken piece that holds the spray head to the body, so there I was, faced with buying a water saver shower head. And no matter how I had the spray adjusted, it just wasn't doing it for me. Kind of like that one Seinfeld episode. So today what did I do? I found the little washer blocking the holes inside the unit, too it out, and now I'm back to taking invigorating showers.
So that's what I've done so far today.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #17713
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I'm really pleased how they turned out!Attachment 20793

3 purses, 2 blankets. The second blanket isn't in there.

I love them! Good job! What did you use to line the purses?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #17714
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
And I'll tell you why it's so glorious today. After two weeks I finally took a REAL shower!
It all started like this: My shower head needed replaced due to a broken piece that holds the spray head to the body, so there I was, faced with buying a water saver shower head. And no matter how I had the spray adjusted, it just wasn't doing it for me. Kind of like that one Seinfeld episode. So today what did I do? I found the little washer blocking the holes inside the unit, too it out, and now I'm back to taking invigorating showers.

Boy, am I glad!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #17715
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
That's the first thing we do when we buy a new shower head...glad you fixed it. Nothing worse than only having a dribble of water for a shower!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #17716
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's the first thing we do when we buy a new shower head...glad you fixed it. Nothing worse than only having a dribble of water for a shower!
IMO it's the same stupid nonsense as those green bulbs that take time to warm up. If it takes longer to get wet and rinse off, how it that saving water? I found myself taking longer showers because of that low pressure head.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #17717
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
IMO it's the same stupid nonsense as those green bulbs that take time to warm up. If it takes longer to get wet and rinse off, how it that saving water? I found myself taking longer showers because of that low pressure head.
No kidding, a 10 min shower at full blast or a twenty minute and another five, because all the conditioner doesn't get rinsed out of my hair...no savings as I see it. You have to remember to turn the lights on two minutes before you need them...
Old 02-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #17718
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No kidding, a 10 min shower at full blast or a twenty minute and another five, because all the conditioner doesn't get rinsed out of my hair...no savings as I see it. You have to remember to turn the lights on two minutes before you need them...
Or in my case, leave them on all day long until I go to bed.
I have no idea what I'm going to do for my 100w work lights... go to flood lights I suppose. I don't think they are going to stop making outdoor lights...
Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #17719
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...I found the little washer blocking the holes inside the unit, too it out, and now I'm back to taking invigorating showers.

Doesn't that make a great difference?! I've been doing that for decades. I need my forceful spray in the shower.

In our timeshare in Aruba they have the same shower head as I do at home but with the restrictor in it. I keep forgetting to bring tools with me to Aruba so I can "fix" it.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #17720
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Doesn't that make a great difference?! I've been doing that for decades. I need my forceful spray in the shower.

In our timeshare in Aruba they have the same shower head as I do at home but with the restrictor in it. I keep forgetting to bring tools with me to Aruba so I can "fix" it.
I just glad Delta, in their "common sense" sight, has made it so easy. They could simply put smaller holes in the unit and forgo the washer, but they have made it a simple remedy to get a normal spray.