What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skittle68 said:
I'm sure the little tool works well, but my hair is about two feet long, and very thick. When I wash it I literally pull out handfuls of hair. When I vacuum the brush looks like its covered in a web of nylon mesh. With the dyson I pull the brush out the side, and use a manicure scissor dedicated to that purpose to snip the web from one side to the other so I can just unwrap it. It's pretty slick. It is really light, powerful, and cordless. Maybe some day I'll try a roomba, I did really want to, but I decided the stick vac might be a more practical tool for me :)

I too have very long, thick hair and a constantly shedding dog. The tool works quite well. It has a little razor blade on it. Roomba's brush pops out as well.

Last edited:
So much hair!!

image-3738459918.jpg

On a side note, this is what that same area looked like during the Duluth flood! So much water!!!

image-2313175879.jpg

image-3563351439.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on my grocery shopping list. So is Stirling. I really like the MyGroceries app. Still tweaking the best way to set up lists and categories.

Dawgluver said:
I too have very long, thick hair and a constantly shedding dog. The tool works quite well. It has a little razor blade on it. Roomba's brush pops out as well.

I didn't know the brush popped out on the roomba! When I was researching it no one mentioned that. That's too bad, because that's what finally tipped me toward the dyson.

Getting ready for a "me" day. I have a hair appointment in an hour and then am venturing on a small transit trip to see one of my "daughters" - who adopted me through our youth group. She just had a baby a few weeks ago who was 6 weeks premature and there were complications for both of them. He is a real fighter just like his mom - got out of NICU 10 days ahead of schedule and she has her first doctor's appointment since the birth. I am going for moral support and to give her my gift to her, a sling to keep her little bundle close! :) At least that is the official reason. I really just need some "baby time". ;)

Just hope my energy level stays up!

I was thinking about getting my DS and DIL a roomba, but they have 3 big German Shepherds and lots of loose hair to deal with. May I ask you happy owners which of the models will actually handle mucho dog hair and does it have to be used every day?

tinlizzie said:
I was thinking about getting my DS and DIL a roomba, but they have 3 big German Shepherds and lots of loose hair to deal with. May I ask you happy owners which of the models will actually handle mucho dog hair and does it have to be used every day?

I have two, the original model, and got the white one a few years ago, did the same for my mother. Roomba is constantly evolving, I would get whatever is within your budget. I love the way my second model backs herself into her charger! With the original model, the battery had to be removed for charging.

Any of the models will be able to handle lots of dog hair. The newer ones are advertised as particularily good for pet hair, and have some different features. Roomba will tell you when her wheels need to be cleaned. I would also empty the bin and clean the brush regularily. It's a good idea to have an extra filter, they can be rinsed out and reused.

You can use Roomba as often as needed.

Last edited:

http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-56402-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

This is the more expensive one for folks who have pets. The reviews seem to be in favor of the Roomba. There are less expensive ones for pets. Take a look. :)

I hope they sell it there Fiona ;)

Well Steve and I are going grocery shopping now.

We are also going to buy a couple of nice steaks to cook tonight ;)

Catch you all later this afternoon :)

It was way to hot to cook tonight. Just got back home. We went out for a salad bar & a sandwich. Good to be home relaxing.

I'm playing with my new toy - an electric stapler. I was giving myself a repetitive stress injury with all the stapling I do, so I got an electric one. Woohoo! New office toy!

taxlady said:
I'm playing with my new toy - an electric stapler. I was giving myself a repetitive stress injury with all the stapling I do, so I got an electric one. Woohoo! New office toy!

Taxy, you need a dog. They're a lot more fun than a stapler. You can walk them, give them treats, and they're really happy to see you when you get home from work.

Although, I guess you can do that with your stapler. Might get some strange looks from the neighbors, though.

Last edited:
Taxy, you need a dog. They're a lot more fun than a stapler. You can walk them, give them treats, and they're really happy to see you when you get home from work.

Although, I guess you can do that with your stapler. Might get some strange looks from the neighbors, though.
:LOL:

I would think about getting a dog if I didn't have a 16 year old cat.

Yes, I know they are really happy to see you when you get home. Bounce, bounce, bounce, "I'm so happy to see you!" "I took out the garbage. It took two minutes." I find their enthusiasm a bit overwhelming. I like dogs, but I'm really more of a cat person.

Taxy, your electric stapler sounds great, loads of fun times to be had ;)

We have returned from the shopping and we ended up buying 6 porterhouse steaks, some from the butchers and some from the supermarkets, we are testing to see which is the better steak :)

Thanks, Kylie, Dawg, Addie, and PF, for the input on the robot cleaners. I had pretty much given up the idea, thinking that using it would just be another chore for a busy, full-time working couple to deal with. Now I'm back on track. Thanks again!

Your are very welcome Lizzie :)

They really are brilliant, it allows you to be doing other things whether it be more housework or going to work and it does such a good job too
thumb.gif

Are you thinking of getting the Roomba?

Back
Top Bottom