What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm figuring out departure time for taking ol' doggie to the vet for her annual shots at 9 this morning. I hate being early and having to sit in the waiting room with sometimes rambunctious pets while doggie shivers her brains out. I'd rather surf DC.

It's so good to have Nurse Ratchett's input on minor health problems.:D

TL, didn't you have a glass sliver in your foot to contend with lately? Hope that got settled without the need for Ratchett's hatchet.

I'm figuring out departure time for taking ol' doggie to the vet for her annual shots at 9 this morning. I hate being early and having to sit in the waiting room with sometimes rambunctious pets while doggie shivers her brains out. I'd rather surf DC.

TL, didn't you have a glass sliver in your foot to contend with lately? Hope that got settled without the need for Ratchett's hatchet.

At least my way was a lot quicker then digging at it with wire cutters...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Finished breakfast a little while ago and the daily morning chores. Gonna be another scorcher so I'm getting ready to go outside to water our veggie plants. Probably going to be the first of two waterings today. Have had to water twice per day the last 5 days or so because of the heat and wind.

I noticed yesterday that the bushes near the fence beside the garage are dying. Glenn hasn't mowed in nearly 3 weeks, the yard is covered with leaves as if it were autumn and the yard is drying up beyond description. The Japanese beetles, in spite of traps/lures, skeletonized our plum trees so they're looking pretty pitiful. In the state they're in, along with the drought I wouldn't be surprised if they die, too.

After I water everything, I have a session with Miss Clairol planned. I'm lookin' a little grey around the gills, so it's time to consult with my very colorful friend.

Yes, I had several glass splinters and got all but one of them out. I think I will be showing up at my doctor's walk in clinic. I hate going to her walk in clinic because it's from 08h00 - 09h00 and "in town". That means I either leave the house at 06h30 or deal with rush hour traffic. Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person? Taking the bus isn't really an option, because I have osteoporosis and need a seat on the bus. I just don't look old enough for people to give me a seat.

Spent the early morning out on the deck with my coffee and kindle. What a gorgeous day! Cooling off a bit before I jump in the shower, checking out the posts and email. Got some salmon brining for the smoker later and going to do a run to the produce market later.

Last edited:
The vet gave doggie all her shots plus drawing blood, a fecal sample, and clipping her nails. Lots of quivering on her part, but not a sound. She's such a good girl...not for the first time was I thinking that she's a better dog than I am dog owner. We get along well, but it's pretty clear to me after nearly two years now that I am more of a cat person. For her part, she's very patient with my two 5-year old indoor cats (and me). I'm not sorry I adopted her because she gives the 'beware of dog' sign on my fence meaning by barking at passers-by, but it seems that we'll just be housemates.

Cake is cooling. I've got the butter softening to make the buttercream soon. Salmon is smoking and making the neighbourhood smell delicious. Its clouded over a a bit now so I'm doing a run through DC and FB and then going for a power nap before I change out the chips in the smoker again.

I have just had breakfast and driven hubby up to the bus stop for work, then rushed back here to our nice warm home, it is freezing out there this morning

Just brought the ice chest in from the front yard - yard maintenance guys were updating some landscaping for me today so I had the cooler filled with plenty of cold bottled water for them to stay hydrated. Next week when they finish up I'll have some homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for them as well. They work so hard and I appreciate them so much. :wub:

I have been doing lots of housework today and in between watching some episodes of Criminal Minds...love that show :)

I'm unpacking more stuff that I've moved from the farm. I'm sooooo tired of moving stuff. But, the farmhouse is almost empty (read that: of the stuff I wanted to move back to the City). After that, I have to run some errands--not looking forward to that--Volvos don't have great A/C...but they do have great heaters in the winter (which is what I keep telling myself when I'm cursing the lousy A/C).

I am trying to decide what my priorities are for today since I am way behind after being sick all weekend.

I am doing a couple of cake classes tomorrow, my regular with my teen girls, and they are helping me with a session for some pre-teens. So, prepping for that is essential - make frosting, gum paste, fondant, make sure my kit is ready to go.

The cleaning ladies are coming in the morning so I need to get rid of the clutter and I must go shopping as I haven't felt up to it.

Finally, I have been wanting to make myself a dress so I would like to go through my patterns and material to figure out what I want to make.

There are many other things but I think these top the list!

Kicking back in my recliner watching Dr. Oz. When the daughter gets home from babysitting plans to go to the pool & cool off from this miserably hot, hot day.

Watching the men's trial for the Olympics. I am getting impatient for them to start.

Have any of you had carpal syndrome? I have had a growth on my wrist for about two months. It never bothered me, so I didn't worry about it. Now today it started to give me some real pain. I am going to have it checked. But I am think it may be carpal syndrone. Just what I need. Something else to go wrong with my body. I don't think I am goiing to win this battle. I am running out of parts that can go wrong. :wacko:

I am just about to head over to mums for a coffee and a chat :)

Then I have a few things to do so I will be out and about for awhile!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day/evening :)

Back
Top Bottom