What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to bed early tonight, try to sleep all night, sleep in an extra two hours and then head into work for a 4 hour shift. Shrek will be going to the music shop by himself (I know I'm either brave or a sucker), it will be his first outing by himself since June 4th.

Thought you were going to bed early, PF!;) Sweet dreams. :)

Yikes! My sympathies.

The shoes have to be worse. You could conceivably get a dressmaker to make you a coat.

Stirling wears 11 1/2 EEE. We have finally accepted the fact that a pair of shoes is going to cost about $200.

When I can find them I pay anywhere from $90.00 to $125.00 With the winter coat? I got lucky one day. My daughter took me to Burlington Coat and we found on the rack a reversible coat, nylon, rain proof on the inside, and a faux fur that looks like snow leopard, on the outside. And for only $60.00. And it is washable. I look like a snow bunny in it. But it is so warm. I don't even have to wear a sweatewr under it. I love it! My daughter washed it on gentle and dried it on air. It came out like new. You can bet I am taking real good care of this one. The sleeves even fold back enough so they are the right length for me. I am on my fourth year with it. :cool:

Getting ready to go into town. I've got a leaky toilet at the house. I have to get some materials to go and repair the flange, level the floor a bit and re install the crapper. What a way to spend a day off. Then, off to play a wedding tonight.....

i'm still chuckling from a fast one i pulled on some dumb, young musclehead who was driving a little too aggressively in a construction zone on a busy saturday afternoon.

i took my boy out for lunch today to let dw rest since she's sick, and as we were awkwardly trying to pull out of the parking lot through some road construction, a young guy in a souped up p.o.s. honda came screaming out of an adjacent parking lot, cutting me off to take advantage of the people in the main road who were being polite and holding back to let me out.

i honked at him, to which he replied by flipping the bird out his window.

because of traffic, i happened to catch up to the kid a few seconds later. as i sat behind him, the little jerk was looking at me in his rear view mirror, animatedly saying things at me and making lots of "tough guy"gestures.

as the traffic began to move and he was still shouting something at me, i gestured for him to pull over to discuss the situation.

lol, the idiot obliged and pulled over. as he hopped out of his car, i drove right by him smiling and waving to the dumbass.

it only took him a second or three to figure out that he'd been had, so he came screaming up behind me, riding so close to my bumper that i could barely see him behind my truck in the mirrors.

hmm, a rear end collision between a truck and a teeny honda. i'm betting on the back of my truck.

anywho, he followed me to the deli where i picked up lunch for dw, and as i got out of my truck -initially telling my son to stay inside, i guess he thought better to get in a fight with someone twice his age and size., so he just drove off cursing all the way.

i'm glad my son was with me so he was able to see how to handle some idiot suffering from road rage.

after last night and this afternoon, i sure hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence of today's young men. too much time in the gym, not enough in the library.

Last edited:
A great lesson for your son bt. I love the part where you had him pull over and whizzed past him.

How come I miss all the good ones? :ermm:

Hello everyone :)

I have just recently got up after a lovely sleep!

Today I have a heap of ironing to do :rolleyes: We are also going to make some pasties with puff pastry
thumb.gif

We have to fertislise the back garden this morning and apply some weed and feed on our lawns

We are then going to go for a walk through Cobbler Creek, lovely place for a walk :)

Hope you guys are all enjoying your day/night :)

I'm home from work, sitting watching the football game with my DH. I'm going to go sit outside in the sunshine pretty soon, but for now, cooling off is the important piece.

BT - AWESOME! :cool:

Kylie, I am glad you had another good sleep - it makes all the difference in the world. Your walk sounds great - a nice end to the day!

I am flat on my back thanks to forgetting I was getting into MY passenger seat and not DH's. His car (an Aveo) is just the right height for me to get in and out of. Mine is a Sunfire (was my Dad's car) and much lower. I got in and pow hit the seat hard wrenching my already painful back. :wacko:

Thank goodness for my netbook! :)

I am sitting in front of the computer watching the 2012 New Years Eve Concert of the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra. And at the same time I am working on my embroidery project. Son #1 was here for a short time, so I put the concert on pause. Not his music. It is a nice quiet day for me. :)

Put the rotisserie chicken carcass in the CP to make stock. I will have to go out in this obnoxious heat at some point to water the tomatoes and stuff.

I'm waiting for Stirling to get ready for a party for a friend's birthday. It's my sister's birthday too. I left a greeting on her answering machine and sent her an e-card.

everything i tried to do today went awry. to hot to re- pot plants. no manual for new cat tree. i am locked out of my e-mail for fourteen hours. maybe i should just go to bed before i blow something up.

Taxy, Happy Birthday for your sister, hope she had a wonderful day :)

Babetoo, hoping your day gets better ;)

LP, sorry to hear you have hurt your back, it sounds like you were already in pain :(

Addie, your day sounds lovely :)

Dave, hope you enjoyed your Star Trek ;)

I got all the ironing done, we made some lovely pasties and our walk was wonderful
thumb.gif

Back
Top Bottom