"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #20361
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Addie, I know this is late but do you have any of the pans that the hospital would give you when you decide to grace them with an overnight stay or longet?

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We started bringing them home after one of the aides told us that they are just thrown away. I clean them up and have a couple in the linen closet...one holding cleaning supplies and the other holding various health and beauty items. Keeps everything in one handy spot. I think you can also buy them in the dollar store.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #20362
Assistant Cook

I am here drinking a nice cup of joe and trying not to worry...dc is going to scout camp for the first time, for a week. I've been all reassuring and positive outwardly to them so they are excited! I gave extra long hugs and kisses last night. I know they will be fine...and it will be great for them...

Old 07-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #20363
Honey Badger

Just woke up...Late again! Oh well I at least woke up.

Checked the caller ID and scoured my cell phone for any messages from my son or the law....Whewww nothing. Guess he decided to keep himself out of the laws reach last night. He's out of town for a huge bachelors (sp) party. From what I was hearing of the talk,plans.Trust me I've been cringing. Now I know it was most likely just hype.

Is that a guy thing?
How to freak your Mother out in 10 ways? LOL!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #20364
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Glad he's not on the FBI's most wanted list, Munky! Whew!

I put on my arsenal of gnat spray that smells like angelfood cake, along with DEET for the mosquitoes, and went out to pick tomatoes and green beans. I also pulled up a bunch of lemonbalm that's growing everywhere. It's a great addition to hibiscus tea, I just cut off the roots and steep it along with the dried hibiscus flowers.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #20365
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Just woke up...Late again! Oh well I at least woke up.

Checked the caller ID and scoured my cell phone for any messages from my son or the law....Whewww nothing. Guess he decided to keep himself out of the laws reach last night. He's out of town for a huge bachelors (sp) party. From what I was hearing of the talk,plans.Trust me I've been cringing. Now I know it was most likely just hype.

Is that a guy thing?
How to freak your Mother out in 10 ways? LOL!
When Poo got married, The Pirate was his best man. I kept hearing about the wild party they were going to have. There were ten groomsmen all totaled. What a party that would have been. They went out to a nice restaurant and had a nice long dinner with lots of laughter. What a relief. I kept warning The Pirate I didn't want to have to bail out the both of them in time for the wedding.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #20366
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
We started bringing them home after one of the aides told us that they are just thrown away. I clean them up and have a couple in the linen closet...one holding cleaning supplies and the other holding various health and beauty items. Keeps everything in one handy spot. I think you can also buy them in the dollar store.
Thanks for the idea Carol. I never put the laundry supplies back in the same place under the sink. So every time I go to do laundry, I have to hunt for the bleach, etc. Those are the items I use the most. Definitely going to get me some hospital type basins.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #20367
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

The one time I was hospitalized, I brought home EVERYTHING, including the basins and plastic tubing. After all, I was paying for it. When a neighbor was going through treatment for cancer, her husband also gave me her basins. They are very useful, I also put various supplies in them as well as use them for mixing small amounts of soil for repotting plants.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #20368
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
The one time I was hospitalized, I brought home EVERYTHING, including the basins and plastic tubing. After all, I was paying for it. When a neighbor was going through treatment for cancer, her husband also gave me her basins. They are very useful, I also put various supplies in them as well as use them for mixing small amounts of soil for repotting plants.
I have a matching 6 pc set of the water jugs they put in the rooms. Several basins, etc. I even took the roll of tape, etc that was in the room. You get charged for the whole roll, may as well take it.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #20369
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have a matching 6 pc set of the water jugs they put in the rooms. Several basins, etc. I even took the roll of tape, etc that was in the room. You get charged for the whole roll, may as well take it.

My point exactly! I've even used the plastic tubing in fountains! And the scissors have come in handy as well.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #20370
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I didn't realize that you guys paid for that stuff.