What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the weather like there at the moment Margi?

On the terrace looking at the sea sounds wonderful :)

Taxy, when is your tax time over there?

It is that time of the year for us..after June 30th here :)
Tax time is over. This is stuff that is late.

I have done everything but assemble it. I will get a couple of hours of sleep and then get up and assemble it. I'm pooped.

I have done everything but assemble it. I will get a couple of hours of sleep and then get up and assemble it. I'm pooped.

I bet you are tired Taxy!

We get an accountant to do our tax...you have a better chance of getting some money back with accountants ;)

You must be very busy when it is tax time over there

Taxy, when is your tax time over there?

It is that time of the year for us..after June 30th here :)
It is never over--businesses can have a different calendar year if applied for before...I don't know, 1998--so there is a timeline after the end of one's year end when the tax return has to be filed...And then there are the HST/GST returns that can be monthly, quarterly or annually...so, accountants and bookkeepers can be kept busy year around here.

Could it be dust mites?

Do you know anyone who is signed up with Melaleuca (most, if not all, of their cleaning stuff has tea tree oil in it)? Spraying the mattress with something that has tea tree oil in it would take care of the dust mites.

Thanks, TL. I heard someone (supposedly an expert of sorts) say that dust mites like it under the covers and thrive there in the dark -- her advice was to flip the covers open in the mornings and expose the mites to air and light. Translation -- don't have to make the bed anymore, at least that's how I interpreted it. There's no one to tsk, tsk at me, so now I just skip that daily chore based on the above advice. Could be it's not working....tea tree oil, huh? :mrgreen:

I have another possibility. When the a/c was replaced a couple of months ago, there was residual dust coming from the ducts when the a/c came on. I'm hoping any offending particles will be flushed out in time.

I think I've weathered the storm! I'm halfway through a cup of coffee, I had a bowl of cereal AND a piece of pizza last night! I feel quite my old self again! WOOHOO! The weather cooled off so much last night I had to use a blanket! Its going to warm up again to scorching today, but it will feel OK after that brief reprieve.

I'm going to finish this coffee and head to the grocery store while its still quiet around here.

It's done! I got about three hours of sleep and it is now assembled and ready for the client. I'm getting too old to try to get by on three hours of sleep.

One and a partial year still to get done, but Monday or Tuesday will be good enough. No scary letters for the government about that stuff.

Alix, glad to read that you are feeling better.

I am attempting to repair and save a large case that I use to transport my percussion hardware in. It is very old but I love it. I could buy a new one but they are all too big to fit in my trunk so they are no good to me. They also make soft bags but they are no good for stacking gear. Looks like a job for duct tape and probably small nuts and bolts.

Thanks TL. Glad to be doing better. I'm glad to hear you're done with the big sort job. Good luck with the rest.

I am waiting for the Aide to come back and test the new LifeLine system they have put in place for us. The other system it could take as long as ten minutes before anyone responded. I would just dial 911 myself. Boston, like most major cities have what is called a 911E system. The E stands for Enhanced. It means that when you dial 911 your address, name and other pertinent info immediately shows up on the dispatcher's screen as soon as their phone rings and they answer. My information tells the dispatcher that I have a heart condition and am elderly. This new system they are giving us, means that LifeLine will dial 911 automatically and call me at the same time.

Another benefit of being a member of the ESP and it is all free. :)

Just came in from cocktails and bruscetta on the deck. Relaxing and watching the news (if that's possible).

Sounds lovely out on your deck Andy :)

I have just got up and it is very chilly here this morning, it has been raining all night :)

About to have breakfast and then a lazy day at home today, too cold to go out and do anything

Hope you are all having a great night/day

Lazy friday night at home. Just put some cheddarwursts on to boil. Heating up some leftover bbq with plans for chili dogs with a bag of nacho cheddar bugles. Sounds like it's about suppertime.

Everything :LOL:

Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Madras
Lamb Bhuna
Samosa
Onion Bahji
Cheese Naan Bread
Keema Naan Bread

They are just a few of our faves :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom