"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #20951
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Z,

Check with some of the other drug stores in the area. We have two chains that will deliver. The best one will bring you anything in the store for the price of the item(s) plus a flat $5.00 delivery fee. If your order includes a prescription the delivery charge is waived. Several of the folks in my apartment complex intentionally spread out their prescriptions so they can order various odds and ends during the month and have them delivered free of charge.

B
Great advice Aunt Bea. Rite Aid makes at least one trip to my building each day. That includes Sundays and holidays. And because it is for the elderly, delivery is free. That $5 can mean a meal for some elderly folks.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #20952
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Even a $5 delivery fee would be better than $14 in taxis.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #20953
Chef Extraordinaire

We have a couple of residents who own a car, and if they pass anyone in the hall as they head out, will ask if they need anything at the store or would like a lift somewhere. Specially toward the end of the month. And when I am outside on my scooter, I will see some of the folks carrying heavy bundles from the bus stop. I will rush to meet them and take their bundles from them and bring them right to their door. It is not like I am using any gas in my electric scooter. And they have to walk almost three blocks from the bus stop carrying those heavy bundles. I am sure some of them must have a bad heart.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #20954
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Prescriptions and the 30 pills for 31 day months mess me up with transportation. By next month, I'll have to pick up the majority of the Rx's before payday, creating the need for another extra trip. Each round trip costs me $14.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but each year I've been getting a raise, the cable bill goes up more than the raise. Food stamps are lowered while food prices continues to go up, and my rent goes up too. The fixed income keeps getting smaller,
Zhi~ try walgreens.com for an Online Pharmacy that will deliver your meds for free. On time and free shipping has to be the best decision. It's how I get Shrek's medications.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #20955
Certified Cake Maniac

I am trying to get up the energy to do my last baking "job". I ordered a cake for the little guy's birthday, but told his Mom I would still make a gluten-free cake for her uncle. It is easy as I found a mix that is so close to regular wheat based cake it is incredible so that will make it very easy. TB is very excited that he gets to eat the "real thing", even though it is store bought.

I have some house-cleaning to do before we go to the party as we are having friends over tomorrow.

It feels so good not to be in cake decorating mode. So I know I have made the right decision.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #20956
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I had them lower my (I am not sure what your call it) definition on my screen to a lower price? Does that make sense to you electronic savvy folks? In doing so, it lowered my cable bill to where I could afford to upgrade what channels I could watch. I also had it done to my internet. That was a big savings for me. Sure my computer runs slower, but I had Spike clean out my computer and I am patient. It really didn't affect it that much. I got an $8 raise in January on my SS check, and a $3 raise on my rent. I now have only my cell phone. I got rid of the landline. That alone was a $20 savings.
I don't understand. Can you give me more information on this? I'd love to lower my cable bill. I'm paying $145 a month!

Bring retired, I depend on internet and TV for my entertainment and am not about to give any of it up.

I get a free cellphone and service from AssuranceWireless.com. It's also available from SafeLink.com.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #20957
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I don't understand. Can you give me more information on this? I'd love to lower my cable bill. I'm paying $145 a month!

Bring retired, I depend on internet and TV for my entertainment and am not about to give any of it up.

I get a free cellphone and service from AssuranceWireless.com. It's also available from SafeLink.com.
When Spike comes tonight I will ask him. He is the one who put me onto it. I went from $145 like you to $132 a month.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #20958
Chef Extraordinaire

did they also tell you that they can now see you through your tv, addie?

i'll bet not.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #20959
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
did they also tell you that they can now see you through your tv, addie?

i'll bet not.
If she has a newer Samsung TV, they probably can, really.

I'm thinking Addie is getting slower bandwidth and maybe the high def TV is now low def.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #20960
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

I yanked up the cuke vines, they looked terrible, as do my cherry tom vines, but they're still producing. Don't even start me on the peppers or Jetstar toms. I planted more bush bean seeds where the cukes had been. Otherwise I've been watching a Cutthroat Kitchen marathon and sitting on my backside. DH has some sort of cold, and has been alternating between Sleepy and Grumpy. Thankfully he's on the upper level.