"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #24671
Master Chef

BC, that was a wonderful read about the little one who is adjusting so well.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:47 PM   #24672
Master Chef

Just got done making a large batch of cranberry relish. I will be taking it to three meals. We are invited to one of our sons tomorrow noon for turkey and again on Friday night for (ham) with whole family and on Saturday we are going to our daughters at noon for another turkey. Thats a lot of eating in 3 days. :-)

Old 11-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #24673
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Creating recipes for the Low-Carb crowd, making things for the eat anything crowd
Old 11-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #24674
Master Chef

I'm curious to know what you're making for the low carb crowd PF??

Tomorrow only I'm with the eat anything crowd. I haven't eaten one thing high carb in three months now. I'll prolly make myself sick.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #24675
Master Chef

Cleaning. I hate doing the job even though the final results look so nice. Then again, dust is proof that there are better, more fun things to do.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #24676
Master Chef

I just don't have the stamina I once had. I'm pooped out after a day in the kitchen cooking and to think I used to do this kind of holiday cooking without any help at all!
Without my sweet and ever so helpful SousChef, I'd have to hang up my marathon cooking apron for sure! Everything is ready to transport to the oldest son's house tomorrow. Phew!

Old 11-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #24677
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I just don't have the stamina I once had. I'm pooped out after a day in the kitchen cooking and to think I used to do this kind of holiday cooking without any help at all!
Without my sweet and ever so helpful SousChef, I'd have to hang up my marathon cooking apron for sure! Everything is ready to transport to the oldest son's house tomorrow. Phew!
Time for a glass of wine!!!

I have a similar problem, I only have energy when I first wake up. These days I find myself cooking at 3 or 4 am and eating leftovers for dinner!

All we can do is adapt and soldier on!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #24678
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I have the same problem Kayelle. I was just telling Stirling that I really want to do my traditional Winter Solstice dinner, but I will have to modify my m.o. I am planning on two smaller parties (six people each, instead of 11 or 12 all at once). Also, I want to have a lot of the stuff done ahead of time and frozen. For example, I usually do a pork roulade. I think I can cut and roll them up and then put them in the freezer, ready to roast on the day of the party. I can make the mashed potatoes ahead and freeze them. I can make a large batch of rødkål (Danish red cabbage) and just keep it in the fridge. I'm trying to think of other do-ahead stuff.

I have decided that I won't even have the parties unless I have lots of stuff done by two or three weeks before the party. Hmm, that gives me an idea. Later on, I will post a thread here asking for suggestions and tips.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #24679
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Time for a glass of wine!!!

I have a similar problem, I only have energy when I first wake up. These days I find myself cooking at 3 or 4 am and eating leftovers for dinner!

All we can do is adapt and soldier on!!!
Yep, it's wine time to be sure Bea!

I just hung up from talking to son who will be doing his fabulous Webber turkey, and he said he would be injecting it with bacon fat!!
I laughed out loud proclaiming...."atsa my boy".

Old 11-26-2015, 01:15 AM   #24680
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm curious to know what you're making for the low carb crowd PF??

Tomorrow only I'm with the eat anything crowd. I haven't eaten one thing high carb in three months now. I'll prolly make myself sick.
I made a pumpkin pie without the sugar and made a butter pecan crust for it. As a dressing sub, I pulverized mushrooms, celery and onion, sauteed in butter, added turkey broth and poultry seasoning and diced green and red pepper. Looks weird, but tastes good. Cauliflower Leek soup is on the way tomorrow.