"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #24831
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Just sitting here thinking of all the little things mom wants me to do around her house before I leave. We had a great Christmas, mom bought us 6 place settings of Fiesta and she's going to buy us two more for our birthdays, what an awesome gift! Rob was just saying that he'd love multicolored Fiesta. I bought mom a roomba and she's named it Trixie. She has a house full of laminate flooring and it did a fantastic job while we were away yesterday. This will help her keep up with the fur ball tumbleweeds...

We did a little Christmas clearance shopping yesterday and I got lots of ornaments and a nice new tree for half price! We left there and went to James island for their drive through festival of lights, it was beautiful!

Back to NC this afternoon, do some laundry and get ready for work tomorrow and new years week. Hopefully after this week we get a reprieve, it's been so busy!
I named my Roomba Rosie after the maid on the Jetsons. I set her off on her cleaning whenever I have to go out. Put the wall up in front of the bathroom door and when I get home she is back in her charger. I am always surprised with just how much she can get.

My daughter had the Fiesta as her preferred present when she got married more than thirty years ago. She still has every piece, including all the service pieces. She used to bring it out for holidays for about ten years, then she packed it away and decided to set a formal table at holiday time. I prefer the Fiesta.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #24832
Chef Extraordinaire

My daughter is going to cook Pirate's Birthday dinner and send two plates of food to my house. I will put his in the fridge and just pick at mine throughout the day.

I have to go downstairs to the apartment of an old timer who told Pirate that he is very lonely. So Pirate brought down a big piece of his birthday cake. I need to retrieve my dish. He is restricted in his activities outside of his apartment due to the oxygen tank he has with him around the clock. Boy, did he come to the wrong building to live if he is in need of friends. These residents are the most unfriendly elderly folks I have ever come across. Any time they get together, all they do is gossip and tear apart other residents that they don't like.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #24833
Head Chef

Smile

I'm studying my selection of successful party/buffet recipes for a future event. It's an enjoyable venture and further involves trying out many new potentials.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #24834
Master Chef

Sounds like fun, creative.

I'm fiddlin' around in the kitchen, making things to use up some of the leftover ham. So far I've made a ham spread for crackers, chopped some up for omelettes, sliced some for sandwiches, and split pea soup is simmering on the stove. Good thing we all love ham.

My granddaughters (10 and 14) will be here tomorrow from Central CA for the week. It'll be a fun and busy week for all of us, so I'm also making other things to have on hand in the fridge. I browned and seasoned some ground chuck for taco salads, made a potato salad, and have chicken thighs and drumsticks thawing. I thought about grilling them, but I think I'll make some good ol' fried chicken instead.

The grands know that when you come to Grandma's, you eat.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #24835
Master Chef

Bakechef....what a great gift from your Mom! I've always LOVED Fiestaware, and have been wanting to treat myself to a set for years now. Maybe someday. Have a nice and safe trip back to NC!
Old 12-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #24836
Honey Badger

Like Andy, getting things back into shape.
I stayed in bed all day yesterday doing nothing but watching old movies and playing a game on the Kindle. Christmas prep and day wore me out. Took a nap with my puppy to.

Today it's back to it. After I have some Salmon cakes.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #24837
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Relaxing after more turkey at the mummy-in-law's house.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #24838
Chef Extraordinaire

Nursing a flu patient. The urge to kill is very strong some days. He better get healthy real quick. Like yesterday. Maybe because I have never had the flu, I am too impatient with him. Evidently nursing is not my profession to be in. Or maybe he is just a chronic complaining patient?
Old 12-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #24839
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Nursing a flu patient. The urge to kill is very strong some days. He better get healthy real quick. Like yesterday. Maybe because I have never had the flu, I am too impatient with him. Evidently nursing is not my profession to be in. Or maybe he is just a chronic complaining patient?

I hope Pirate didn't have 'the urge to kill' when his mother was feeling so sick with a cold for a month....
Old 12-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #24840
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post

I hope Pirate didn't have 'the urge to kill' when his mother was feeling so sick with a cold for a month....
Yeah, he did sometimes. I wasn't drinking enough water and he would get mad. I am not the best patient. And neither is he.