What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have six of the type of coffee cup I used most of the time and used yesterday. I could only find five. When I put last of the stuff into the dishwasher, I counted the cups and there they were, all six. The minute guys snuck the empty cup somewhere, maybe into the dishwasher. But, when I could only find five, I was counting the ones in the dishwasher.

Sneaky devils. Tapioca is still missing.

I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from my son-in-law.

Last Saturday they were all packed to go to NH. They have a childhood friend that tore down the chalet he owned and built a beautiful new summer cottage. My daughter and her husband were to go up to NH to see it and spend the weekend. The car was all packed and just as she was about to get in the car, she got a blinding, searing pain in her head. She collasped to the ground. No trip. Once the pain subsided, she was fine and there was no reoccurrence. Her kids nagged her and nagged her to call her doctor. They wouldn't let up. She wasn't going to do anything about it. She went for a cat scan this morning. She was home from the cat scan for about an hour and the phone rang.

It was her doctor. She wanted her to pack a bag and be prepared to spend at least a week in the hospital. They would be waiting for her as soon as she arrived including the MRI staff. They found a large mass at the front of her brain. She is only 56 years old. She has two children. One in his 30's and her youngest who is 20. She is supposed to start nursing school next week.

She went through Stage 4 of advanced cancer with her husband. It was touch and go as to whether he would make it or not. They have been looking forward to her retirement in less than five years. With this, she may have to take early retirement.

So I sit here and wait. I guess I have to stick around a bit longer. Even it is just to make sure she is all right. I just can't lose another child. It is too hard. :angel:

Addie, I am so sorry. Holler at me if there is anything I can help with. Love you!

I am missing a bowl (thought I was the only one who counted cutlery and dishes). One of my lodgers probably has it in his room...but it bugs me. Fridge cleaning is on the agenda for tomorrow...I might find the stray bowl with who-knows-what growing in it...

LPBeier said:
Here I am sitting in the ER. We decided this afternoon I needed more help

Oh no. Hope things get better, LP, and you can get something good and strong for your pain. Please keep us posted! {{{LP}}}

Addie, I am so sorry. Holler at me if there is anything I can help with. Love you!

Thank you. It is one a.m. and I am still waiting. I sent an email to my youngest son. I hope as a PA he can cut through the red tape and get me an answer in the morning. But he hasn't answered me yet. My SIL is useless when it comes to medical. The chemo and radiation burnt his brain out when he had the cancer. They were very aggressive in treating him. I will let you know what I find out, if anyone ever calls me back.

Laurie, did they figure out anything to help? (((gentle hugs)))

Addie, I hope you get some good news soon. (((hugs)))

Thank you. I am still up and waiting. As if anyone is going to call me at 3 a.m.

Laurie, take care and listen to the doctor. Thinking of you.

Addie--you need to get some rest. I''ll take over pacing the floor for you now. Go lie down and try and get some rest, think positive thoughts. Wish I could be there with you. Channeling all the positive thoughts and love I can your way. {{{HUGS}}}

Last edited:
Addie--you need to get some rest. I''ll take over pacing the floor for you now. Go lie down and try and get some rest, think positive thoughts. Wish I could be there with you. Channeling all the positive thoughts and love I can your way. {{{HUGS}}}

Thank you. I did get some sleep. I fell asleep about five this morning. Then my youngest called me to make sure I am all right. He is going to make some calls to some of his friends at Brigham's Hospital. They are connected with Mass General Hosp. It has been a number of years since he has had any patients at MGH.

What really sucks is that this is the weekend. And as anyone in the medical field, there is minimal staff on weekends. Just knowing that I have a place to turn to, has been a very comforting thought. Thank you all for being there for me. Now if I could just stop crying.

Addie said:
Thank you. I did get some sleep. I fell asleep about five this morning. Then my youngest called me to make sure I am all right. He is going to make some calls to some of his friends at Brigham's Hospital. They are connected with Mass General Hosp. It has been a number of years since he has had any patients at MGH.

What really sucks is that this is the weekend. And as anyone in the medical field, there is minimal staff on weekends. Just knowing that I have a place to turn to, has been a very comforting thought. Thank you all for being there for me. Now if I could just stop crying.

Still no news? We are all hoping and praying for you that it is benign. Hang in there Addie!

Still no news? We are all hoping and praying for you that it is benign. Hang in there Addie!

I just talked to her. She has a tumor the size of an egg at the front of her brain. She is scared. They are going to operate. Here team is meeting today and will let her know when. I am much better than I was yesterday. Thank you for caring. It does help to know that there are friends in this world.

Oh Addie I'm so sorry. I am sure it felt good to actually talk to her. Once a plan is in place to do what needs to be done it is a little easier to sleep at night. I am praying for the doctors to have the wisdom to know and do what needs to be done. Also praying for all of you. Hang in there!

i just talked to her. She has a tumor the size of an egg at the front of her brain. She is scared. They are going to operate. Here team is meeting today and will let her know when. I am much better than i was yesterday. Thank you for caring. It does help to know that there are friends in this world.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

I'm getting ready to go to the farmer's market and hopefully find some Kirby cucumbers. The pickles I made from regular cucumbers turned out soft. Have to figure out where I went wrong and fix it. I promised DH to make dill pickle soup this winter ;)

Back
Top Bottom