What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Daughter

I went to see my daughter yesterday with Son #1. She seemed to be in good spirits. The initial shock had worn off. Even Deech, her husband seemed in better spirits. She had a roomful of company. I have to give this family a lot of credit. Once the word spread, everyone stopped their lives and went to visit her. And they all brought food. Even Santarpio's Pizza. The family favorite and rated #1 in New England. There was one piece left and I got it. She had two extra large subs. A steak bomb for Deech and an Italian Sub for her. I brought her and Deech's favorite dessert. An apple pie. Half for her, and half for Deech. I hope they were able to eat everything yesterday. Today she is on NPO. No food or drink.

Everyone left except me and my son. It gave us some alone time. Which I needed. Once everyone was gone she broke down. Deech started to get up to go to her,but she waved him off. All I could do was hold her and rock her like I did when she was small. It was what she needed most at that time. It was so hard to not cry with her, but I knew I had to be strong for her. I was able to talk to Deech as to what exactly the doctors had told them.

The doctors won't know until they get in there as to whether it is benign or not. They will take a slice, send it to pathology and wait 15 minutes until they get the call back. Standard procedure. Then they will decide how they are going to proceed. The problem is the surgical schedule. It is all set and since she was diagnosed on Friday, they have to try and squeeze her in where ever this is room on the schedule. So she may go today or not. It may be as late as Wednesday. In the meantime she stays on NPO. (No food or drink)

For now it is the waiting. My youngest stopped in this morning. There were no doctors available on the floor for him to talk to. But he will stay on it. He called me early this morning and let me know. He had just finished a 48 hours shift in the ER in Vermont and still had an hours' drive home. He needed to get some sleep.

Me? I am holding up okay. I have a lot more medical knowlede than most folks realize. So that side of me is kicking in. Thanks to CWS, I had my day start off with a laugh. Thank you CW for that.

Right now I am waiting for some out-of-state visitors to call. He and his wife are up here from Atlanta for his radiation treatment for brain cancer. He is staying at the Hope Lodge. A free place for cancer patients who have to travel more than 40 miles for treatment. It is run by the Cancer Society. He will be up here for more than a month.

I have the support of not only all the friends here in DC, but my WHOLE family. Seventeen grand and great grand children, three sons, neices, nephews, in-laws, outlaws, and everyone else. Even some longtime friends from out of state. It really does make a difference. Thank you everyone. I will keep you informed. :)

Just got home from a lovely day out with friends. We drove to the Eastern Townships and had a really lovely lunch. Then off to the winery for a tour and wine tasting. The Groupon deal came with five bottles of wine and one bottle of ice wine per couple. The wine is quite nice and interesting and it is the best ice wine we have tasted. It is sweet, but not too sweet. Then we drove back to their place and went for pizza at cute little place called Pizzédelic and had really good, individual pizzas from the wood burning oven. The weather was perfect - warm, but not too warm. I am now officially pooped out.

There is no pizza like one baked with wood for heat. I can tell instantly if it is made with a gas fired oven or a wood burning one.

Addie, I just got on here and got caught up with your story. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your daughter and your whole family. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Oh, and I want to correct you. We are not only your friends, we are your DC FAMILY! ;)

I am getting ready (or trying to) for a marathon of appointments all in different directions. First is my orthopedic surgeon for my annual knee replacement check-up. I am hoping he can look at my hip without a new requisition. The to my awesome physio guy who will hopefully work out some of this pain. The I must take Violet to her doctor for a checkup on the eye.

Hopefully I will get back on tonight.

Addie, I just got on here and got caught up with your story. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your daughter and your whole family. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Oh, and I want to correct you. We are not only your friends, we are your DC FAMILY! ;)

I am getting ready (or trying to) for a marathon of appointments all in different directions. First is my orthopedic surgeon for my annual knee replacement check-up. I am hoping he can look at my hip without a new requisition. The to my awesome physio guy who will hopefully work out some of this pain. The I must take Violet to her doctor for a checkup on the eye.

Hopefully I will get back on tonight.

You are right about the DC FAMILY. One of the nice things about all of my doctors, is that they are all located in the same facility. And the computer system is set up so that they all have access to my computer records with my Primary doctor and visa versa.

I hope you can get your pain under control to the point where it is just a minor nuisance. Pain can leave you totally exhausted to the point where you can no longer fight it. I am so grateful to have the Gabapentin. It not only stops the pain in my leg, but stops the leg from having seizures. Sounds like you have a busy day.

Why the eye checkup for Violet? :)

All of us are here Addie, lots of positive thoughts and Prayers are going forth.

We have to be careful that all the beaming of thoughts and prayers doesn't start a fire in Boston...

All of us are here Addie, lots of positive thoughts and Prayers are going forth.

We have to be careful that all the beaming of thoughts and prayers doesn't start a fire in Boston...

:LOL: Thank you. Still waiting to hear when she goes into surgery. Son #1 just left with his exwife's cousin. They have known each other since early childhood. :)

This morning I am going to go and look around at some shops as it is a very mild morning, it will be nice to get out and about :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely day/night :)

Thank you Kylie.

What is going on in Adelaide? People are protesting the lack of toilets at the beaches. So they brought their own toilets, dropped their pants and sitting there with their hats on reading newspapers What ever happened to protesting with a good ole riot? :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: No riots obviously, sitting down on the job over here :ROFLMAO:

I have not heard that today...is that happening here in Adelaide...that is so funny

Do you know the name of the beach Addie?

:LOL: :LOL: No riots obviously, sitting down on the job over here :ROFLMAO:

I have not heard that today...is that happening here in Adelaide...that is so funny

Do you know the name of the beach Addie?

Yup, in Adelaide. It was just a short story on our local news station. All the men had their bowler hats on and their very best black suits. They were sitting on the toilets that they brought with them, with their pants pulled down around their ankles and reading the newspaper. Our newscasters were laughing so hard they had difficulty telling the story. There were about 20 men. No mention of the beach name. :ROFLMAO:

Last night as Son #1 was walking here to my house, he went by my daughter's house. A childhood friend of her son's was standing outside. He said that my grandson told him that my daughter was definitely going into surgery this morning.

I have been through some really tough times in my life. But this waiting and waiting is so hard. I will call around seven this morning to find out if it is true. I want her to have the surgery before I go in for my surgery tomorrow. I need to have my blood pressure down.

6:22. My daughter just called. We had a short and quick conversation. They just came to take her to surgery. She should be done and out by 2 p.m. The surgery will start around 8 a.m. I can feel my BP going up. I need to get myself calmed down. I am shaking.

I have never been one to skirt around words. Cancer is cancer. Died is died. But these past few days, no one has used any of the words they don't want to hear. As a result the doctors realize that the questions not asked show that they don't want to consider the worst scenario. I could use a good strong tranquilizer right now. This is so hard. To hell with trying to be strong for others. Just knowing that all of my DC Family is praying for her gives me a feeling of help. Thank you all for yor caring support. I feel so helpless right now. I want to scream at the doctors to hurry up and give me some answers. I want to be there in the OR so I can hold her hand and tell her it will be all right. I want to hold my little girl. :angel:

Addie,

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish your daughter all the best.

Kind regards.
Margi.

Thank you Margi. I just hope they can get all of the tumor out of her brain and that it is benign. Just waiting for two p.m. I should have some answers by then. :(

I'm still here and still sending out positive thoughts and prayers. {{{{{{Addie}}}}}}

Thank you PF. I am waiting for a return call from Winthrop. I need a tranquilizer. I can't go to my surgery in this state tomorrow. I just need one. If I can get calmed down, I can get myself under control. I am so worried that they won't be able to get all of the tumor out and it may be cancerous. I was doing so well all weekend holding it all together for everyone else. But when I got that phone call this morning, I just fell apart. It came as quite a surprise to me. I never break down like that. I am always the strong one. But not this time. This is my first born. The one I fought so hard to keep.

I watched my son's BIL die last year of brain cancer.

Back
Top Bottom