"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #26451
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thanks GG.

I'm finally home and I'm exhausted. I left for the clinic before 17h00.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:20 AM   #26452
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
...She said it was probably an infection, but she had no way to tell for sure and if she didn't send me to the ER, she wouldn't be able to sleep.
That sounds like a doctor who really cares for her patients! As do we, taxy. Glad to hear it's a relatively easy fix. Sweet dreams to you and your doc.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:38 AM   #26453
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
That sounds like a doctor who really cares for her patients! As do we, taxy. Glad to hear it's a relatively easy fix. Sweet dreams to you and your doc.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:47 AM   #26454
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm tired of resting, Shrek has been yelling at me all day to stop and rest. I still have three more days of enforced sitting around. I would start my quilling but I can't use my right wrist for repetitive movements until Monday.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #26455
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm tired of resting, Shrek has been yelling at me all day to stop and rest. I still have three more days of enforced sitting around. I would start my quilling but I can't use my right wrist for repetitive movements until Monday.
Well, that sure makes the resting harder.

Do you have Netflix? I think it's time for you to catch up on series that you have been meaning to watch.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:30 AM   #26456
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Focus all of your energy on aggravating poor Shrek, the next three days will fly by!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:32 AM   #26457
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

No Netflix, I do have lots of movies to watch, but my butt is tired of sitting. I need to DO something.

Aw, I aggravate Shrek all the time
Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 AM   #26458
Head Chef

Taxy I don't know how I missed your post. So sorry for your eye but glad it doesn't seem to be too serious as in glaucoma issues to an infection. (I hope, hope, hope).

But what amazes me most is the speed with which you passed thru not only the walk-in clinic but the ER. In most ER's or walk-in clinic's.... 6 to 8 hour wait for a non-life threatening issue is the norm - especially at LGH which is where I assume you went. Your timing for going there was impeccable! Good for you!

Plus, are there now pharmacies open that late on the West Island? There's another miracle!

My husband once had to go downtown to the General, the only hospital that had a pharmacy open all night in Montreal. About a 2.5 hr round trip. I took 1 pill while in the hospital. Then they could not fill their own prescription as they didn't have enough and their pharmacy was closed. By the time they allowed me to go home, I needed the next pill in 2 hours.

Even as quickly as you managed to get thru - it is still utterly exhausting! Hope you've gotten some rest. I also hope your visit with the doc goes well and has reassuringly good news.
Thinking of you!
Old 10-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #26459
Honey Badger

Just rolled out of bed a little while ago. Damn phone and cell went off at the same time. Both were just spam voting garbage.
My sleeping patterns for some reason won't go back to normal.
Gawd I'm so tired. Things are catching up with me fast.

Today I'll have people streaming in and out here all day, possibly well into late tonight. I'm getting rid of most of our furniture.Anything that hubby could possibly catch his cane on. Coffee tables, end tables, rugs, furniture.

I (really) need a small kids play pen for my little dog Sophie. She's blind.
To put her in when my husband is up and walking around.She has a new thing of using our legs as her guide to get around the house. I can't have her doing that with my husband. He could have a serious fall.His arm is now in a special sling to protect it.If she can trip us. She will definitely trip him. I won't have that.

Workmen are installing rails in both bathrooms. I can't find on Amazon a special shower helper that his O/T's says he's going to need. So I'll be on a quest for one at the medical supply stores. He's going to need a new shower head that's removable to.

I'll do the non skid taping for the front steps and patio area.Wherever else it might be needed around the house.

Munky Badger.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #26460
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

How big is Sophie? Thinking, thinking of a solution.

What is the shower thing, is there a specific name for it? I can help look for it.

Try Gold Violin for things, I got the bed canes from there.