"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #31331
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Yeah, I know a store in my area that sells wide shoes. I was hoping to hear about the easy online method of shopping. If Sketchers are likely to work, I'll try them. There are free returns for them on Amazon. So, no real interest in trips down the 401, but thanks for the suggestion.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #31332
Chef Extraordinaire

Cleaning up the rest of the kitchen after the play day in the kitchen with the caregiver. Almost done since I cleaned as went. Just one more run of the dishwasher going.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #31333
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
On the subject of Sketchers, does anyone use these who has wide feet or bunions? I have a really hard time finding shoes that fit.
Me.

I wear a 10D. Really. And I have corns and an extra bone each in two of my toes. We have a Sketchers outlet In the outlet mall, and since I discovered them, I haven't bought anything else. They are THAT comfortable with all my foot issues.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #31334
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll tell ya, I love all my Sketcher's as I have foot problems too, but this newest pair I just got is the cream of the crop! I'm going to get more colors.
Souschef is groaning as he recently took dozens of my old shoes to the thrift store. LOL

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #31335
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for all the feed back on the Sketchers. I will probably buy a pair and see how I like them, especially since Amazon.ca says that returns are free.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #31336
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I know you must be having a wonderful time Cheryl...you so deserve it!

I just got another shipment from Amazon. This is a public service announcement...
If you are wanting some new sneakers...these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on my feet!! I paid $60 through Amazon. They also make them for men.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style...first-take/red
Thank you Kay.....yes, it was a wonderful time and had a great time with family...I'm home now....didn't really want to come home to the 'e' word.....could have stayed there for a lot longer. LOL.

I've heard about Sketchers from friends. Going to put them on my order list!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #31337
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yeah, I know a store in my area that sells wide shoes. I was hoping to hear about the easy online method of shopping. If Sketchers are likely to work, I'll try them. There are free returns for them on Amazon. So, no real interest in trips down the 401, but thanks for the suggestion.
There is a cobbler in Quebec City who makes custom-fit leather shoes. I can't find his business card--the shoes are pricey, but comfy. I don't have bunions, thank goodness, but my Mom has horrible bunions. Buying shoes was always a challenge for her. Now she just wears socks. Narrow, narrow foot and heel, but the bunions were always an issue. She spent a lot of money on her shoes as I recall. Spend the money, your feet are worth it.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #31338
Executive Chef

In some ways I agree with you CWS but on the other hand for me, my feet change so quickly between neuropathy and arthritis I simply can't afford to change shoes that often.

One of the reasons I like the Crocs so much is I can cut out toe areas and or cut/stretch them where needed.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #31339
Chef Extraordinaire

We are waiting for the repair guys. They are supposed to paint in our basement. This is being arranged by our insurance. It's because the basement got flooded by our water heater in January. I am getting awfully tired of waiting.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #31340
Certified Pretend Chef

For the past month or so, I have been lamenting how crammed full our upright freezer is. So I have been consciously trying to use foods in the freezer so I could empty it out some.

I have been planning to make chicken stock but didn't think I had enough bones in the freezer. SO insisted I had a ton of bones.

Well, I decided today was the day so I scavenged both freezers for chicken bones. I filled my 20-quart stock pot to the brim!

As a result, the house has a wonderful aroma of simmering chicken stock and I have tons of room in the freezer!

As a side "benefit", SO got to say, "I told you so.".