What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you ever, at the end of an unusual day, sit and think about it? I write about it as well. Went to a funeral, and am thinking and writing about this particular experience.

Good evening everyone :)

Today I did the grocery shopping and some washing...then relaxed on the recliner watching TV this afternoon as I did not get a good sleep last night...better one tonight no doubt as it is cooling down :)

Today is a cooking day. I'm making:

Turkey Neck Stew for the stew and broth for the freezer.

Garlic butter sauted Artichoke hearts, sliced roasted pumpkin, and palm hearts.

Cheesy White Sauce

And, Tartar sauce to serve with the last 2 fried crab patties.

I'm making notes for all the recipes and will post later.

I am sitting here and thinking of all the baking I have to do. Eight mini loaves of cranberry/pumpkin bread. Four with and four without nuts. And they have to be labeled. I also have to print out a bunch of the recipes. They are for the Church Fair.

Then I have to make a full size one with nuts for my daughter. Pumpkin is her favorite flavor. She also wants a mile high applei pie. I will also make some cranberry pumpkin cookies. Her husband nas a sweet tooth that would horrify any dentist.

I also have a new Cuisinart ice cream maker. I used it only once. I am going to donate it to the church. They can get a pretty penny for it. :angel:

Today is a cooking day. I'm making:

Turkey Neck Stew for the stew and broth for the freezer.

Garlic butter sauted Artichoke hearts, sliced roasted pumpkin, and palm hearts.

Cheesy White Sauce

And, Tartar sauce to serve with the last 2 fried crab patties.

I'm making notes for all the recipes and will post later.

oh zee, what you are cooking today has my mouth watering--from beginning to end.:)

Today I took the car up for a service...we are having the big service done on it :)

I have just walked back from the mechanics...lovely morning for a walk too :)

Just getting ready for the kids to come trick or treating. Grandson is here tonight to help hand out the candy. I have enough for 62, hope that is enough. (-:

I'm hiding from the trick or treaters. We haven't had any for the past few years, so I didn't think to get in any candy. So far the doorbell has rung three times.

Happy Halloween to all!!

Enjoying the trick or treaters, we have had about 20 thus far but it's still early. Letting the daughter & dh hand out the candy, I will be less tempted to eat it. It's fun to see all of their costumes.

Handing out candy here too. Our subdivision has had a recent influx of families with kids in the last couple years. I think we had about 20 T or Ts so far, after many years of having 2-5. Most came early, so I think we're done now. And it's Survivor night!

Note to self: bring the mummy back inside.

Last edited:
I always have the same four trick or treaters. They are so cute! Ages 7, 6, and twins are 3. They are the neighbors-live at the end of the street. We knew the mom when she was a little girl.
But, that is all we get. :(

We got twin Tinker Bells, about 3yo, adorable! Our oldest T or T was a throat-slit nun, bleeding down the habit, sick but funny! He was taking his siblings around, with his mom.

We live in a condo complex and see a lot of kids. Families drive in from some of the less desirable areas of the adjacent town so their kids can T or T safely. We ran through two hundred pieces of candy before the night was over and had to shut down.

Our grandson comes every year to T or T in our neighborhood. He made a good haul tonight.

Turned the lights off as we never get any TorT's...of course someone knocked on the door. We just didn't answer. No candy here. I had fun at work though...the pre-school across the street always comes over in the morning and then two classes of 10 year olds. After 5 PM the facility employees bring their kids in for TorT in the hallways, the residents love it. Then a big party in the main dining room for residents and staff with their kids. Fun times.

Back
Top Bottom