What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kylie1969 said:
It sure does :)

We have just had tea, gee there was a lot of prep for it :rolleyes:

I was in the kitchen chopping vegetables etc for ages :LOL:

It tasted nice though :)

You must have some strange tea....I never put chopped vegetables in mine. Cinnamon or peppermint maybe, but never vegetables. :grin:

We are eating our Thanksgiving meal at out son's house tomorrow, so today I will be making two cranberry dishes to take along and a pie and some dips for raw vegetables.

oh mannn! who is hitting the black friday sales? anyone go out last night already?

i figured i'm safe from all temptations, at least for today. but no...there are black sales online today too! i just saw lady godiva chocolates on sale--truffles at 50% off. no fair. last year online sales were designated for the monday after thanksgiving, as i recall. i may have to shut down my computer for awhile...i wonder if espresso machines are on sale somewhere. dutch ovens....

oh mannn! who is hitting the black friday sales? anyone go out last night already?

i figured i'm safe from all temptations, at least for today. but no...there are black sales online today too! i just saw lady godiva chocolates on sale--truffles at 50% off. no fair. last year online sales were designated for the monday after thanksgiving, as i recall. i may have to shut down my computer for awhile...i wonder if espresso machines are on sale somewhere. dutch ovens....

Sorry, no sales available for anyone who's name begins with a V. Well, maybe those chocolates. Care to share? :angel:

This morning I went back into the document with my Thanksgiving menu on it and added this year's results, including recipes, times - actual cooking times as well as preparations, for example how long it took the 12.2 lb. turkey to thaw in my refrigerator (not someone else's), and who liked (or didn't like) what. I did that last year and found it very useful this week. Saves little gray cells trying to remember. ;)

tinlizzie said:
This morning I went back into the document with my Thanksgiving menu on it and added this year's results, including recipes, times - actual cooking times as well as preparations, for example how long it took the 12.2 lb. turkey to thaw in my refrigerator (not someone else's), and who liked (or didn't like) what. I did that last year and found it very useful this week. Saves little gray cells trying to remember. ;)

Fantastic organization. Nice idea!

What a great idea. Sort of like your grandmother's cookbook with all the little notations. Something for the next generation to see when it comes their time to do the dinner. The extra special touch is that they won't have to try and read your handwriting. Who said the 'good ole days were better'. :angel:

My son and I are going to go people watching today. Who knows?-we may find a bargain or two.

A Yankee Pot Roast

My daughter and her husband have been cleaning out their attic. There was a box with a bunch of old cooking magazines. A lot of them were Cook's Illustrated. They were going to throw them out. I took them home last night. So today I was reading about how to make a pot roast. There are three pages on this subject. I always think of this meal as one you learned from your mother or grandmother. I never thought that someone might need directions. The author discovered that the best way to make it was by braising. No kidding! And you should use the cheapest cut of chuck. What a revelation. Then I got to thinking. Have you ever noticed that most of the cooks at ATK are youngsters? Maybe the author really didn't know what we have known for years. After all of his experimenting, he discovered that a mock veal broth (half chicken and half beef broth) is the best liquid to use. In the end he decided that the very basic Yankee Pot Roast was the way to go. And it took three pages with drawings to come to this conclusion. :angel:

LOL Addie. Maybe they just didn't have Sunday dinners growing up like the rest of us. Pot roast was a usual meal for us on any given Sunday. :)

Good morning guys :)

Well, it was a warm night...so an average sleep, but this is to be expected in Summer...well it is 6 days off Summer....it came up so quick :ohmy:

Relaxing day at home today :)

Dh went out shopping last night for "gray thursday" stayed away from "black friday "today. He reported there were hoards of people. There were cattle gates up to keep people in order. Body to body crowds, no parking available. Alot of people walked miles in the cold just to get in line. Crazy busy.

Well it turned into a busy morning instead here!

We just had a call from the curtain people and they are coming to install all our new curtains and blinds next Tuesday :) :) :)

So this morning we have been cleaning all the windows inside and out, cleaning all the window sills etc, been very busy indeed!

We just returned from a wake. The little girl (10) across the street just passed away. She had some complications with her heart. Very sad.

Back
Top Bottom