What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, geez, Vit! Maybe I should use the term "doing diddly squat". No, wait, that sounds bad too. I shall rephrase: I haven't done much around the house today, am being lazy.

I had a really nice sleep due to the cooler weather!

The Christmas tree is up, so that is great, so today we will be doing a bit in the garden and I hope to get some cross stitch done too :)

Oh, geez, Vit! Maybe I should use the term "doing diddly squat". No, wait, that sounds bad too. I shall rephrase: I haven't done much around the house today, am being lazy.

My official title for the job I do is called MDS Coordinator...MDS = Minimum Data Set...whut?!?:wacko: We finally decided it means "Means Diddly Squat."

Gotta quit dinking around and go out to cut down the dead plant stalks.
At first my brain saw "drinking" and I was a little confused. LOL!

I am doing laundry, my most favorite thing to do in the world!! Said nobody ever!!!

Just cooked down a carton of grape tomatoes that I never even opened, along with some caramelized onions, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's cooling and in a little while I'll go whirrr it up in the blender then strain the seeds out of it. I can see it being a very good base for a creamy tomato sauce.

How is your knee going since the operation Katie?

Have an ice pack on my new knee and waiting for a small pan of potatoes to boil so I can make some potato rolls.

Glenn's son came by just after Thanksgiving and I'd made some as a treat for us because I craved something that spoke of Thanksgiving to me. Kenneth ate two and almost went into a spasm. He was in "yummy heaven."

We're babysitting Kenneth's dog this weekend, so I thought when he comes to pick up Baxter I'd give him his own whole batch of potato rolls to take home for a treat. He's a big man so I don't know how long 18 potato rolls will last.:rolleyes:

How is your knee going since the operation Katie?

I'm doing pretty well. My insurance company denied any home care/therapy so I had my first out-patient therapy yesterday at a fine facility nearby. The same place I used for the therapy after I had my hand surgery in July.

Fortunately I didn't lose any ground because of no home care since I'd been exercising my knee on my own. When I left the hospital I had 80 degrees of flex and yesterday, the therapist measured me at 93 degrees. Yeah.

The pain and swelling are still part of my daily life. Although the pain is not as frequent nor as severe.

I'm walking on my own without any walker/cane, albeit a bit wobbly and slow, but I'm doin' it.

One of the greatest differences, at this time, is that it takes me about twice to three times as long to complete a task because I have to rest in between times. For example, my "getting up" routine (shower, etc.) normally takes me about 20 minutes. Now, I allow at least an hour because I have to break up the job into smaller, more manageable tasks.

Thank you for asking.

Well, it seems that all the angels are working overtime. My daughter just called me and what a difference from Thanksgiving. Her spirits are really high. She is making plans for her party for her in-laws. She asked me to make some cookies.

I have some of the Chewy Chocolate cookies with Sea Salt from the Chew program in the freezer. I am going to bake a couple of them so she can taste them.

She has made plans to have her husband drive us around out in the suburbs to see all the lighted houses. Something we have done every year. I told her a quick little joke and she laughed so hard. It was good to hear it. She scared me for a second. She was talking about how sick and weak the chemo makes her. She mentioned that she doesn't think she can do it until next August. Then she quickly said, "I have to. It's my brain and my life. I don't want to die"

Thank you all for the angels. I know it is silly to think a little emoticon can be responsible, but until someone proves to me other wise, I will continue to believe. I believe we all have an angel that watches over us. Even if it is a loved one who has passed away. If I didn't believe that, I doubt if I could accept my youngest daughter's murder. She is looking down on us and watching over her five children :angel: And one for all of you. :angel:
That is wonderful news! So glad to hear that she is feeling better & everyone's moods are lifted. : ):angel:

The daughter & I just got home. We went to the gym together for 90 minutes then some shopping & threw a pot roast in the oven.

I'm doing pretty well. My insurance company denied any home care/therapy so I had my first out-patient therapy yesterday at a fine facility nearby. The same place I used for the therapy after I had my hand surgery in July.

Fortunately I didn't lose any ground because of no home care since I'd been exercising my knee on my own. When I left the hospital I had 80 degrees of flex and yesterday, the therapist measured me at 93 degrees. Yeah.

The pain and swelling are still part of my daily life. Although the pain is not as frequent nor as severe.

I'm walking on my own without any walker/cane, albeit a bit wobbly and slow, but I'm doin' it.

One of the greatest differences, at this time, is that it takes me about twice to three times as long to complete a task because I have to rest in between times. For example, my "getting up" routine (shower, etc.) normally takes me about 20 minutes. Now, I allow at least an hour because I have to break up the job into smaller, more manageable tasks.

Thank you for asking.
Glad to read that you are getting better. Do bring a cane with you when you go out, even if it is just so people are nicer to you.

We have been to the bottle shop to get a few drinks for Christmas Day ;)

Also went for a little drive as it is such a nice day :)

Finally! I got my Nursing License squared away for the next two years. I really have to not procrastinate about the Continuing Education Credits over the next two years...yeah, right!

Back
Top Bottom