What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am watching the snow come down sideways. I can't see 100' out the window.
Good thing the roads are relatively empty, what with it being a holiday and all.

We're scheduled for 2"-4" ending tomorrow morning. More coming Friday night. As long as Sunday is clear, I'm OK.

I snowblowed again this afternoon and there was literally snow up to just below my knees in my driveway at 5:30. I never should have said anything this morning about no wind and no drifting. Polar opposite (pun intended).

I found a great wok...a slightly smaller one that our last one but that will be better as it is only the 2 of us :)

Got it for a great price too...it was $49.95 at one store, then it was $69.95 at another, but that one had 40% off the price, so I got it from there for $34.95 :)

We're scheduled for 2"-4" ending tomorrow morning. More coming Friday night. As long as Sunday is clear, I'm OK.

I quickly switched on the weather channel. Saw the radar, didn't like what I was seeing, changed channel quickly.

I have to go out early in the morning again for an appointment at the hospital. :angel:

Last night I got a strange visitor. Domenic, the resident maintenance man, wanted to know how he would buy a used CPU on line. I have done favors for him in the past on my computer. So we did a quick search on eBay and gave him an idea of what he would have to spend for a used one. I will let him use my email address, but he has to have his own bank account to set up a PayPal account. I am not willing to get into the financial part with my money. He knows that anything I do for any resident here stays confidential. The problem is that he has a heavy Italian accent, so I will have to have him write down all his financial info on ONE piece of paper that I can hand back to him when we are through.

I was really surprised by his request. I didn't even know if he knew how to use a computer. I think he wants one to protect his job. Management is going more and more paperless. And that includes supplies for cleaning this building.

I just have this deep feeling that I am going to regret this. He is going to be haunting me to help him during his learning process. And as a tenant I have no business knowing that stuff. :angel:

Last edited:
:0
I found a great wok...a slightly smaller one that our last one but that will be better as it is only the 2 of us :)

Got it for a great price too...it was $49.95 at one store, then it was $69.95 at another, but that one had 40% off the price, so I got it from there for $34.95 :)

i love a good sale, i even get excited about other people's sales!:) you seem to have good luck in finding great prices for things, kylie! enjoy your new wok....:)

Thanks so much V...glad that you are as excited as me :LOL:

I do like to shop around for the best price, it feels good to find the same item cheaper, so love a bargain :)

And the painting still hasn't been done. I wont be here, so I don't care if the windows are open. It only takes about an hour to get the place heated back up when they are done. It is getting the wall warm again that takes time. I am at this point hoping for two things to happen. Management waits until the very last possible moment to accept a bid and that HUD shows up a week early. I won't do anything to hinder the process, but neither will I cooperate to manangement's advantage. :angel:

Be nice. Sometimes that helps in all situations.:)

Last night I got a strange visitor. Domenic, the resident maintenance man, wanted to know how he would buy a used CPU on line. I have done favors for him in the past on my computer. So we did a quick search on eBay and gave him an idea of what he would have to spend for a used one. I will let him use my email address, but he has to have his own bank account to set up a PayPal account. I am not willing to get into the financial part with my money. He knows that anything I do for any resident here stays confidential. The problem is that he has a heavy Italian accent, so I will have to have him write down all his financial info on ONE piece of paper that I can hand back to him when we are through.

I was really surprised by his request. I didn't even know if he knew how to use a computer. I think he wants one to protect his job. Management is going more and more paperless. And that includes supplies for cleaning this building.

I just have this deep feeling that I am going to regret this. He is going to be haunting me to help him during his learning process. And as a tenant I have no business knowing that stuff. :angel:

You are allowed to say no if you have a bad feeling about it. Do what you need to do for you. :blink:

Be nice. Sometimes that helps in all situations.:)

I have been as nice as I am going to be. I am living in a haze of pulled out furniture. Even got some chest pains moving the furniture. Stopped that in a hurry. I have taken down all the stuff on the walls, and have everything out of place. I find myself hunting for stuff I need at the moment. I won't say anything, but I am not going to do anything more to help them. They can move all the furniture further away from the walls if need be. And I shouldn't have to ask my kids to do any of this for them. It is not my kids responsibility to take care of their property. Management has known for more than six months that this apartment had to be painted and have some other work done. They have eight days to get it done or face a large fine.

I went down to check my mail earlier. The whole hallway on the first floor has had the carpet removed and they are replacing it with carpt tiles. Now they have to send me via mail 24 hours in advance that they will be entering my apartment to make major repairs and paint. So far it has all been verbal. So if they mail it out tomorrow, (today was a Federal holiday, no mail) I should receive it no later than Friday. That leaves them three days. I can't get a straight answer from anyone as to exactly where the bid process stands or when I can expect to have them paint. So now I will insist that they follow the law. By Mail! :angel:

Last edited:
You are allowed to say no if you have a bad feeling about it. Do what you need to do for you. :blink:

I hear ya! Spike will be here doing the ordering and handling that end of it. And I will play it by ear. I have no trouble saying No to him if he asks me to go on line to help with any work that involves the building. If Management ever found out, he could lose his job and we both could be evicted. The problem comes with Work Orders. I would know who called it in, tenants name, etc. Tenant info is private and not for other tenants to know about.

I have helped tenants with their taxes, food stamps, etc. Not one other tenant knows who I helped or with what. Not unless they told someone themselves. Sometimes one will tell others, "Go see Adele, she can help you get Food Stamps, etc. She helped me." You could tell me you murdered your mother, and I would keep my mouth shut unless I thought you were a serial killer. :angel:

I'm sitting here thinking where I can find an affordable Ball Gown for a 10yr old. Caitlin was asked to the Valentine's Ball by a very sweet boy in Grade 7. I need to find her something. It's her first real dance and she's so excited!!

I'm sitting here debating if I want to clear all that drifted snow we got last night. I may just let is sit until tomorrow... or not... undecided. The temp is down to 7F from 12F when I woke up at 5:00. And I know my walk behind blower will need gas. I don't feel like leaving the house and getting it. Wonder what's on Netflix...

Pacanis, have you watched the TV series Justified? I'm into the second season and feeling sad that I'm nearly done with it. Great time waster if you don't want to clear snow!

Just got back from the store, I bought some bulk bologna (to grind up), sweet pickle relish and some salad dressing, to make some minced sandwiches for lunch. Reminds me of when I was little and my mother and I went to baby or bridal showers, they aways served these sandwiches. Nice memories.

I'm sitting here debating if I want to clear all that drifted snow we got last night. I may just let is sit until tomorrow... or not... undecided. The temp is down to 7F from 12F when I woke up at 5:00. And I know my walk behind blower will need gas. I don't feel like leaving the house and getting it. Wonder what's on Netflix...

Decisions, decisions, decisions! :angel:

I did both. I watched a movie, then went and got gas and spent some times outside.

Last night I got a strange visitor. Domenic, the resident maintenance man, wanted to know how he would buy a used CPU on line. I have done favors for him in the past on my computer. So we did a quick search on eBay and gave him an idea of what he would have to spend for a used one.

Computer repair shops always have used CPUs; places like Best Buy often have them, too. He might be able to buy one that way and avoid the online financial stuff altogether.

Re: helping him learn how to use it, it seems to me you could just teach him general computer use and common programs and not get into the building's business at all. Someone in the office should teach him that. They would probably appreciate him expressing interest in learning how to do his job more efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom