What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting on a reply from an Ebay seller. Exciting.
I'm in need of an electric drill, which I have, but it appears it needs a new switch... unless I only want to undrill holes. Being that the drill is so old I need to go the Epay route.

I'm waiting on a reply from an Ebay seller. Exciting.
I'm in need of an electric drill, which I have, but it appears it needs a new switch... unless I only want to undrill holes. Being that the drill is so old I need to go the Epay route.

There's a nifty Science Fiction book called "Counter-Clock World," by Philip K. Dick, the drill would be perfect...:LOL:

The groceries I ordered online arrived. I will probably do that again. There were only a few glitches:

• they were out of pâté and organic 'shrooms
  • one of the vacuum packed bricks of coffee wasn't hard
  • got two large eggplants instead of one
  • only got 240 grams of ground beef (just over 1/2 pound)
The eggplant and ground beef oopses were my misunderstandings - part of the learning curve.

I am going to order the plastic cutter for the Stretch-tite plastic wrap. I had told my son that I wanted it for my birthday. Then I changed my mind and told him to buy me the Les Miserables disc. I will be playing that thing until I wear it out. Happy Birthday to me. :angel:

The groceries I ordered online arrived. I will probably do that again. There were only a few glitches:

• they were out of pâté and organic 'shrooms
  • one of the vacuum packed bricks of coffee wasn't hard
  • got two large eggplants instead of one
  • only got 240 grams of ground beef (just over 1/2 pound)
The eggplant and ground beef oopses were my misunderstandings - part of the learning curve.

looks like a good start, taxy.:)there is definitely a learning curve with food shopping online. and you seem to have a positive attitude toward new experiences, taxy. my food preferences are naturally highly individual, but they also tend to be overly specific, and it has been necessary for me to ease up on that rigidity somewhat. just recently i was pleasantly surprised to note that my shopper had bought my three tomatoes with one that was fully ripened, ready-to-eat, and the other two more Firm--just like 'I would have done, myself'!!:)
in particular, i needed to learn for which items to allow substitutions and which ones not. today, i'll be getting a sub of organic limes, and still pay only for the generic ones.:) i don't want to be left with no bread for a week just because 'flour garden bakery' sold out of their sourdough rye loaves... but, if they don't have my favorite brand of kim chi, i will skip it for now....
my food order is on the way, so i have to leave for now....taxy, i finally gave up on getting pate home, too, at least for now. i can't wait to taste the french brie i ordered this time--a last minute bit of impulse buying that somehow managed to slip past me....:)

Last edited:
I had to look up your birthday to make sure we hadn't missed it, Addie! Nope, not till March 11, whew.

Nice surprise, a big ol' storm that got us a 3 hour early out! So I'm just dinking around. Beagle is confused, she thinks it's dinner time.

I had to look up your birthday to make sure we hadn't missed it, Addie! Nope, not till March 11, whew.

Nice surprise, a big ol' storm that got us a 3 hour early out! So I'm just dinking around. Beagle is confused, she thinks it's dinner time.

Actually it is March 12. The same day as the Girl Scout's birthday. But I like to start celebrating early so I don't miss it. You know, I never expected to live this long. Everyone in my family died in their late fifties or early sixties. I am the matriarch of the family now. There is no one left of my generation or the generation before me. There is just me and my kids and my sister's kids and their families. So there aren't as many relatives left to give me presents. So I buy my own. At least I know I will get what I want.

I think the reason I have lived this long is because I don't do stupid things. I no longer go out in the winter when it is bitterly cold and I could slip and break a hip or other bones. I don't do stupid things in my home. Like trying to reach too high for the sake of cleaning and risk falling. And I have never had an alcoholic drink to get drunk and do the stupid things that drunks do. I don't always eat healthy, but I eat what I know what my system can handle. And when I need medical attention, I get it. I am not one to say, "Oh I will wait until tomorrow and see how I feel then." I don't want to feel miserable for hours just to see what I feel then next day. But I certainly don't want to live to the point where I am sitting in a chair and everyone is around me asking "How does it feel to be 110 years old?" :angel:

I just made a fresh pot of coffee and I am going to sit in my chair and work on my embroidery. I am also going to put on some 'Easy Listening' music. I am ready for some quiet time. My kitchen is shiny clean as well as my main room. It's "Me" time. :angel:

I just had to tell the neighbour girl (8 years old) about Joie. She loves our dogs and I didn't want her to just wonder why she hasn't seen him around. It was very difficult, but we had a big hug and she said she would come and keep Violet "company" because she must be really lonely. I could see she was holding back tears, but children are awesome. She said "I hope he has lots of fleecy toys in heaven!"

I'm trying to get back to normal, taking out recycling, doing laundry, etc. but I just don't seem to have a lot of energy. Last night was bad for pain and Joie used to keep me company if I was up in my chair at night so I broke down sobbing waking up TB and Violet down the hall. I think I really needed that no holds barred session - it doesn't mean I still don't miss him, I always will - but I think my emotions have acknowledged that he is gone.

We talked to our realtor this morning and he is going to get some estimates on what we could get for our place and what kind of work we would need to do before putting it on the market (bare bones enhancements) vs. what we would do to stay here. He is the son of one of TB's ex business partners and helped us buy this place so we trust him completely. I don't like the idea of moving, but if we can find what we want that fits into our budget, it will be worth it. My SIL is already looking for places in her subdivision! ;)

I just made a fresh pot of coffee and I am going to sit in my chair and work on my embroidery. I am also going to put on some 'Easy Listening' music. I am ready for some quiet time. My kitchen is shiny clean as well as my main room. It's "Me" time. :angel:

You to?
I just finished making a huge Chinese dinner with all the works and perks for hubby's lunch. My guys can reheat it later if they want.

I'm going to be enjoying again today my refurbished custom fitted for my sewing machine, sewing table. It was finished yesterday and put in place.
Did quite a bit of sewing yesterday. Will be again today. Had to try it out. My friend did an outstanding job with it. No more walking around for that machine it's all snug as a bug.

Like you I'm "off duty." The phones already unplugged. :cool:

Munky.

I just had to tell the neighbour girl (8 years old) about Joie. She loves our dogs and I didn't want her to just wonder why she hasn't seen him around. It was very difficult, but we had a big hug and she said she would come and keep Violet "company" because she must be really lonely. I could see she was holding back tears, but children are awesome. She said "I hope he has lots of fleecy toys in heaven!"

I'm trying to get back to normal, taking out recycling, doing laundry, etc. but I just don't seem to have a lot of energy. Last night was bad for pain and Joie used to keep me company if I was up in my chair at night so I broke down sobbing waking up TB and Violet down the hall. I think I really needed that no holds barred session - it doesn't mean I still don't miss him, I always will - but I think my emotions have acknowledged that he is gone.

We talked to our realtor this morning and he is going to get some estimates on what we could get for our place and what kind of work we would need to do before putting it on the market (bare bones enhancements) vs. what we would do to stay here. He is the son of one of TB's ex business partners and helped us buy this place so we trust him completely. I don't like the idea of moving, but if we can find what we want that fits into our budget, it will be worth it. My SIL is already looking for places in her subdivision! ;)

What a lovely child. I am so glad you took the time to really mourn losing Joie. It is the first step to healing.

Good luck with the housing situation. :angel: And one for Joie. I know he is looking down on you. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom