What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maidrite, you could never drive me nuts (I bought a one way ticket years ago :ROFLMAO:), it is just good to see you here.

Right now I am procrastinating on going to the kitchen to get on with all the prep.

Well, I got the apple pie done and most of the prep done for the corn chowder. Just waiting for Son #1 to bring me the evaporated milk I need.

I received a little package tied on to my door handle this morning. It was from one of my neighbors. On it was a tag that said;
HOLIDAY WISH LIST:
An elastic to stretch beyond your current limits
An eraser to take away all those little mistakes
A marble for the days you feel you've lost yours (my favorite one)
A penny so you'll never be completely broke
A string to keep it together when it all seems to be falling apart
A hug and a kiss to remind you someone cars about you
Happy Holidays.

Well, I got the apple pie done and most of the prep done for the corn chowder. Just waiting for Son #1 to bring me the evaporated milk I need.

I received a little package tied on to my door handle this morning. It was from one of my neighbors. On it was a tag that said;
HOLIDAY WISH LIST:
An elastic to stretch beyond your current limits
An eraser to take away all those little mistakes
A marble for the days you feel you've lost yours (my favorite one)
A penny so you'll never be completely broke
A string to keep it together when it all seems to be falling apart
A hug and a kiss to remind you someone cars about you
Happy Holidays.

Addie,

If yer not using that marble could I borrow it? :LOL:

That is cute.

Addie,

If yer not using that marble could I borrow it? :LOL:

That is cute.

Sure. I like the state I am in. You can even keep it. My brain is only big enough for one marble. And if I give you my marble, I have a valid excuse and can say I lost all of mine.

Just got back a bit ago from silly shopping (didn't need anything, just went to watch the crowds) and picking up Shrek's Christmas present. He's all excited and playing with it. It's a new Dobro.

Sure. I like the state I am in. You can even keep it. My brain is only big enough for one marble. And if I give you my marble, I have a valid excuse and can say I lost all of mine.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:You two ladies are cracking me up! Both of you make me think of a fox talking to the hens. I'm confident in saying that I think both of you have a full set of marbles and each of them are sharply clear catseyes!

Playing marbles was a big thing when I was about 10. All the kids took the game very seriously.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:You two ladies are cracking me up! Both of you make me think of a fox talking to the hens. I'm confident in saying that I think both of you have a full set of marbles and each of them are sharply clear catseyes!

Playing marbles was a big thing when I was about 10. All the kids took the game very seriously.

Children's play is very serious work. :chef:

I wasn't very good at sports in my early years but I was VERY good at marbles. With the help of my Dad I built this board that had lots of holes where you shot your marble through and earned that many marbles. The guys loved it because it was very easy to win. Then I would challenge them to a game or two and would win everything back and then some. It was very humiliating being beat by a girl in those days.....specially when they fell for it over and over! :rolleyes:

So I guess you could say I had all my marbles in those days......I just don't remember now where I put them!:wacko:

I'm relaxing with an icy Christmas beer! Still have things to do, but felt like taking a few moments for me. Since we are not entertaining this year and we don't go to DD's until boxing day, (oops the 26th) I don't have to be in a rush. DH is still in the shop working on granddaughters play kitchen, after my break I will finish preparing dinner and after we eat I will put the finishing touches on the wee little kitchen curtains and make sure that it is all ready to go.

i watched a three generation norwegian family working together on a lefse demonstration. big mess, big fun! i think i would like this potato-based flatbread. it can be served as a sweet bread, with butter and sugar, or as a savory treat, with rich gravied meatballs....

Vitauta, you need to go to North Dakota. White food rules there. Actually, lefse isn't that different from a flour tortilla (OK, no one blast me out the DC community!). It is the lutifisk that will just kill your tastebuds for all eternity! (OK, OK, we all have our loves).

I'm sitting here on a got-my-husband-and-dog-to-go-to-bed-early break. Had a lovely Christmas Eve. A friend from out of town turned 90 today, and there will be a big party later in the week for him, but we wanted to have him over on the day to sip some bubbly. Sent everyone early, made tourtiere for hubby and me, then husband started drooping and I sent him to bed super-early (8 p.m.!) and am just playing here with DC, having a glass of wine, and more or less relaxing and indulging myself for the rest of the season.

3 gifts left to wrap. yay!

i almost ran out of paper wrapping up the goalie equipment for my boy. lol, i think he'll recognize the stick even before he unwraps it.

dw came down to say goodnight and wanted an early gift, so i gave her the gift set of burberry body (perfume) that i got for her. smells really nice.

the meatballs and sausage are in the fridge gettin' happy, the video camera is at the ready, stockings are stuffed and all of the gifts are under the tree.

well, except for those last three. if i can't find gift wrap, i guess i'll resort to aluminum foil or newspaper. santa won't mind, i'm sure.

merry christmas, everyone.

Bucky you are a little ahead of me! I have the dog presents to wrap but can't because Joie is camped out on the couch, across from the gift wrap container.....do you think he knows? :ermm: Nah! :LOL: I still have to insert one more picture into Dad's collage frame and make a certificate for the magazine subscription I am giving DH as it hasn't arrived yet. But both of those are 5 minute jobs and then just wrapping.

I just finished the eggnog pastry cream and dry ingredients for my IHOP eggnog pancake knock-offs! I just have to get up in time to make them for Dad by 7:30 am. I made a few adjustments to my recipes to make them diabetic friendly but I am sure they will taste close to the original....better I hope!

I got the cups ready for my mandarin upside down cupcakes (actually using small ramekins). I am using the scratch cake I posted for Andy awhile back and have a bought mix for a gluten free version. The box isn't cheating - they are much better than scratch GF cakes!

I think I can call it a night and still be able to get everything done tomorrow. Night all and Merry Christmas (happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, etc.).

Last edited:
Relaxing and drinking a cup of (Dunkin Donuts) coffee. Just about everything I can do is done except for a little bit of prep work. Got an apple pie in the oven.

Just talked to SO and she and her family are on the way to Orlando. They had Christmas dinner last night. Their dinner tonight will be at the House of Blues.

Eating a lemon muffin with a cup of Green Mountain coffee. Need to convince Shrek to change the channel to the Science Channel for the Firefly Marathon.

I put together some things for us for a finger-food brunch and now I'm watching A Christmas Story ( the lamp just got broken).

Oh, and I'm waiting on the butter to soften so I can make some gingerbread.

Eating a lemon muffin with a cup of Green Mountain coffee. Need to convince Shrek to change the channel to the Science Channel for the Firefly Marathon.
PF, I am not awake - I read the email notification of this and only saw "I am eating a lemon". My thoughts were "is this some weird Montana Christmas tradition?" :LOL:

I put together some things for us for a finger-food brunch and now I'm watching A Christmas Story ( the lamp just got broken).

Yes, and "I don't know what happened, I was just watering my plant". :LOL:

He's beating up the bully now. :yum:

Oh, and I'm waiting on the butter to soften so I can make some gingerbread.

I have it taped and will watch it as I wrap the last of the presents. My movie traditions - Jack Frost on the 23rd, Scrooged on Christmas Eve and A Christmas Story on Christmas Day (the lamp part is one of my favourites of course!).

Back
Top Bottom