What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Over here we have between June and October to do our taxes, but we like to get onto them straight away

Sometimes I get mine done early, but I haven't even received all my information slips. I should have the last ones this week. :ermm:

We are supposed to have all of ours by the 31st of January, so far they've never been late.

We have to pay in. I like to hang on to my money as long as I can!

I'm going to do some rearranging so we don't get so much back...I have them taking out Married but at the higher Single rate and an extra $10 out of each paycheck. But, since Shrek retired, we have been getting ridiculous amounts back, I'd rather have it show up in my paycheck.

Can't you pay with a post dated cheque? You can in Canada. Even if we get your taxes in early, we don't have to date the cheque before 30 April, to avoid interest.

I e-filed, and have the withdrawal dated just prior to the April 15 due date.

Steve was saying it seems most countries do their tax around March including the UK...it is just here in Oz that dont...typical :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Here, the deadline is: before the 1st of March for most stuff, but before the 1st of April for some investment income. It's a family trust.

It is similar in the US for trusts. I have a small mutual fund that is organized as a trust and because of that they require audited financial statements from each of the companies that the trust invests in. It is a real pain to have to wait but, they have been getting better as more companies are able to speed up the audit process. Now the paperwork usually arrives in the middle of March. Everything else is January 31st for my situation.

My taxes seem to always go right down to the wire with a flurry of late night calls and faxes to the tax guy! I think some of that is just his style and an effort to justify his fee! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Good morning :)

Steve is back at work today...I miss him already!

Today I have a couple of things to get from the shops, and I will drop by and see mum, then maybe some ironing...if I feel like it...NOT :LOL:

I am watching CSPAN and the series on Amercian First Ladies. Today they are up to Elizabeth Monroe. She was just a teenager when she became First Lady.

Now they are doing Louisa Catherine Adams, John Quincy Adams wife. She called the White House a barn. Hated Washington D.C.

This is an excellent series if you are into American History as I am. :angel:

Last edited:
Just plopped down the fees for a year's membership to the YMCA for the two of us. It's two blocks away, an easy walk and hopefully I can get Shrek Motorvated. Also registered for the YMCA 10K Riverbank Run in May. I better get my self in shape!

Just plopped down the fees for a year's membership to the YMCA for the two of us. It's two blocks away, an easy walk and hopefully I can get Shrek Motorvated. Also registered for the YMCA 10K Riverbank Run in May. I better get my self in shape!

Poor Shrek, next thing ya know you'll be hiding his recliner! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Got home from mom's around 4:00. Was just going to take a short nap, didn 't wake up until 8:30 pm, ooops!

Back
Top Bottom