What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have started back at physio, one year since my operation

My new physio thinks she can help me achieve a pain free shoulder, that will be great if she can :)

I am back doing theraband exercises, starting from scratch and I will be seeing my physio every fortnight :)

Just putting my feet up after spending about 4 hours playing in dirt and flowers. I've finally finished my outside flower gardening and can't wait for things to take hold and take off.

So far I've planted three window boxes (on the front windows of my studio), two huge strawberry pots with flowers not strawberries, four big hanging baskets, one pedestal planter, potted several cuttings from my indoor plants that I rooted during the winter, and repotted a miniature rose.

The next projects on my list are to do some container vegetable/fruit gardening. I've already planted some strawberries in an upside down planter, a cherry tomato plant in a big pot, as well as a bush cucumber in another big container. Never heard of or had any experience with bush cucumbers but it sounded interesting and worth a try...just for fun. The strawberries are blooming and forming fruit. Yeah!!!!!

I have some roma tomatoes, some yellow straight-neck squash, sugar baby watermelon plants and some red raspberries that need to get into soil and hope to get them all happy by the end of the weekend.

Had a great time this morning and, of course, Bella was a fantastic helper and supervisor.:rolleyes:

I have started back at physio, one year since my operation

My new physio thinks she can help me achieve a pain free shoulder, that will be great if she can :)

I am back doing theraband exercises, starting from scratch and I will be seeing my physio every fortnight :)

:clap: Yay Kylie, I am proud of you.

I have an appointment today with my physio (seen him on and off for years. This time he is going to work on my arthritic hands. We talked awhile ago about getting custom fit wrist braces so I am sure that will be a topic of discussion again. Anything that will give me freedom to type and to other things. This is being dictated to my dear TB this morning!

I am sitting in my nicely air-conditioned living room eating a romaine and avocado salad with blue cheese dressing.

Two (three?) 100+ degree summers with no air conditioning are now a thing of the past! Our new A/C unit (a free-standing indoor DeLonghi from Costco--it does vent to the outside through a window) isn't as powerful as forced air, but it was what we could afford and it keeps the living room a lot cooler than it has been!

It will also provide heat in the winter so we won't always have to run the big unit, and it humidifies and dehumidifies.

Glad you got A/C, Barbara!

My neighbors are on vacation, so I raided their rhubarb patch.

Actually I'm watching their house for them (which includes the rhubarb patch, the proceeds of which I will watch as I make a sauce with it later).

Last edited:
:clap: Yay Kylie, I am proud of you.

I have an appointment today with my physio (seen him on and off for years. This time he is going to work on my arthritic hands. We talked awhile ago about getting custom fit wrist braces so I am sure that will be a topic of discussion again. Anything that will give me freedom to type and to other things. This is being dictated to my dear TB this morning!

Thanks so much Laurie :)

I must admit it does feel good doing the theraband again, fingers crossed it is the answer :)

I hope your appt goes well, my mum has the same issue with her hands, I hope you can get some relief :)

This morning I am heading out to buy another birthday present (birthday in June), a pair of Levi jeans

It has been awhile since I have bought a nice new pair, so Steve said go and grab a pair for your birthday They are quite expensive, about $110.00 a pair, but they last for years...you just have to hope you dont lose weight or put weight on!

I hate trying on heaps of jeans, but looking forward to finding a pair that fit me just right :)

Just me Pac :LOL:

I always get my b/day presents about a month before my birthday...I am one of those extremely organised people :)

Just me Pac :LOL:

I always get my b/day presents about a month before my birthday...I am one of those extremely organised people :)

Now if you are really organized, you make your birthday last for a week. Each day I get a present from a different person. One day my daughter, the next three days my sons, and then it is time for my daughter to take me out to dinner, then another present from or cards from friends, etc. Not a bad way to celebrate. And then at the end of the week we have a party.

Now next year I will be 75 and my daughter wants to hire a hall and have a big bash for me. She wants all the kids and their spouses, including ex's, grandkiddies, great grands, and all their spouses and kids. Then there are my neices, and nephew and their spouses and kids, and their grand and great grands and some of their spouses to attend. I would say that there will be more than 100-150 people. Between my sister and myself, we have quite as very large family. And folks wonder why I stopped giving Christmas presents. Personally, I figure having a birthday is no big deal. If you behave and live your life right, you will have a birthday each year. Just like it was intended to be. :angel:

I sure do like the sound of that Ads...I must admit, I do try to stretch out my b/day as much as possible ;)

Steve and I go out for a dinner, just the 2 of us on my actual b/day, the night before or after my b/day mum always cooks us a lovely birthday dinner too

So 2 nice meals and 2 lots of great presents...so love birthdays :D

I sure do like the sound of that Ads...I must admit, I do try to stretch out my b/day as much as possible ;)

Steve and I go out for a dinner, just the 2 of us on my actual b/day, the night before or after my b/day mum always cooks us a lovely birthday dinner too

So 2 nice meals and 2 lots of great presents...so love birthdays :D

The secret is to tell everyone that it is your birthday week! You have to try for a five day celebration. :angel:

I will get onto that Ads for sure, the longer the better :D

Getting older each year, may as well really enjoy it :)

Yesterday our temp was 80ºF. Today it is down to 57ºF. I had the windows wide open. I am trying to get ready to take a shower. but a really chilly breeze came through and now I am freezing. So much to my dismay, I had to bring the windows down to a crack. I hate to have to close them after this past winter. And as I sit here there is still a strong breeze coming in. So it looks like the windows get closed all the way until after the shower.
Dang! Summer can't come fast enough for me. :angel:

here we go...once again i'm getting email offers from rifle ranges. i still think 'living socials' keeps sending me mail intended for pacanis. today's offer, 'feel the gun, see the break, smell the powder.' it comes from an outfit called 'flying rabbit sporting clays', and boasts a bonus 'log station wobble trap'. what in god's bunny heaven is a wobble trap, anyhow?! and there's no wine tasting this time either, to make all of this bunny hunting even more alluring (read palatable)....pac, this can all be yours for a better-than half off price of $38. or, this lovely viginia field trip could be yours completely free of charge, if you bring along a slab of your home-cured bacon.... :)

What the heck?
How come I don't get email offers like that?
Flying bunnies... wobble trap? Must be a VA thang.

The secret is to tell everyone that it is your birthday week! You have to try for a five day celebration. :angel:

My best friend back home has celebrated "'Dellie Birth Week" for years! Manages to stretch it out to a full seven days to boot. ;) For years Himself "forgot" my birthday, always tryiing to tell me my birthday was in July. I'd say he mixed my birthday up with his parents' anniversary but that's not true - he couldn't remember that either. :LOL: After we were married the folks got a card or call every year after that...

FWIW, "Cooking Goddess Birth Month" starts in ten days. :ROFLMAO:

...We take a summer vacation every year. We close the cafe for 10 days & just go somewhere. This year with all of our mounting medical bills we have to stay a little closer to home, Omaha Ne this year, still need to check out some museums in the area. I've always wanted to go to Salem to see the witchcraft museums....

How far out are you willing to travel for vacation? I'm not a Nebraska expert, my only experience (so far) is a layover in the Omaha airport. Lincoln is probably an hour away - gotta be something there you haven't seen, right? Maybe head to Kansas City for some ribs and a Royals baseball game? I'll warn you though, the best ribs are in the middle of rugged neighborhoods - but boy were they great! We never felt like we were in danger, but us three white folks from OH sure felt pale. ;)

If you feel like venturing as far as St. Lou they have ALL kinds of things for all kinds of ages. That one is more like 6-7 hour drive.

But the best of all? There's always Cleveland! :) No, seriously! West Side Market is worth the trip all by itself! "I gotta get to Cleveland!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom