"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #551
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
oh, so you're slacking off, eh addie????

just kidding. g'night.

even though i feel like crapola, all of the talk about hot dogs recently has me in my truck, ready to go to gray's papaya on 72nd for a couple o' dogs with kraut and mustard.
curse you, tasty wieners...
One of the special treats I buy for myself every month is a 10 lb. box of hot dogs in the natural casings. We have the Kayem plant just down the street from the store where I do my shopping. They are the best dogs I have ever tasted. I also buy a large bag of fresh kraut to go with them. My way of getting a veggie into me. So the dogs are necessary so that I will eat a veggie. I also use it for pork chops and Reuben sandwiches. I don't like grilled dogs. So I steam mine with the kraut. That's it! Hot dogs for breakfast!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #552
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was the night nurse for 13 years, I want you to get some good sleep and stay out of my hair!!! Seriously, you can't hope to get stronger if you keep wearing yourself out, that's not the way to do it. Do you realize, for every day people our age stay in the hospital it takes one week of recovery? That means you have at least two or three weeks to get yourself back on track. Take it easy, all of what you worked on all night is all for naught if you end up back in the hospital. {{{{{Addie}}}}}
I slept until I woke up on my own. Feel great. And today is the first day of my new resolution. I even took my meds as soon as I woke up. Had them right next to the bed ready to take. All measured out. Stubbornness has gone out the door to stay. I have lost count of the nuber of trips to the hospital this past year. One trip was necessary though. A little thing called a heart attack. the strange thing is with this latest episode, they did another angioplasty on me and even with all the problems I have had with my heart, there is no damage to my heart. All the stents are doing their job.

But I am definitely sticking to my resolution of getting rid of my stubborn streak. And thanks for the hugs.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #553
Chef Extraordinaire

I bought a new gun today
Well, not new... it's a 1953 Mosin-Nagant M44. It shoots pretty good. I think tomorrow I'll re-do my little range. I think it's finally not supposed to be raining. Today was an enjoyable day though.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #554
Chef Extraordinaire

did a little shopping today and i am worn out. i hate getting old, energy level sucks. did finish tree, did dishes, finished a book. so will heat up turkey soup, while it heats gonna have a drink and then go to bed. lots to do tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #555
Master Chef

Just got done tucking my grandson into bed and wishing him sweet dreams.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #556
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
did a little shopping today and i am worn out. i hate getting old, energy level sucks. did finish tree, did dishes, finished a book. so will heat up turkey soup, while it heats gonna have a drink and then go to bed. lots to do tomorrow.
I hear ya, babe2. I just did 45 minutes on the treadmill. My calfs feel like rubber. I'll sleep well tonight!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #557
Chef Extraordinaire

finishing up the holiday decorations. found enough gift bags left from last year, so won't need to make them from fabric. still knitting on scarf, a gift. already did all the chores or as much as i am going to do.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #558
Executive Chef

Getting ready to go to the local tavern that has "Steak Night" every Thursday. Nice sized Ribeye, Corn on the cob, green beans and a Baked Potato...all for $11

Teh guy marinates the steaks in something that makes them really good. They serve about 200 of them every Thursday night.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #559
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Getting ready to go to the local tavern that has "Steak Night" every Thursday. Nice sized Ribeye, Corn on the cob, green beans and a Baked Potato...all for $11

Teh guy marinates the steaks in something that makes them really good. They serve about 200 of them every Thursday night.
Maybe you can find out his marinade. If I remember correctly, I think that was what that person was after originally in the recent steak thread, a marinade that would replicate a restaurant's steak.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #560
Executive Chef

fabric gift bags are lovely gifts in and of themselves. oftentimes, the gift that was originally wrapped in the fabric bag has been long forgotten, while the pretty cloth satchel is treasured, and lives on and on....:)