What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am reading these posts and trying to find something to answer.... but failing because other people have beat me too it....

Your post would be good if it was something like... "What are you doing now, and what SHOULD you be doing now..."

In that case I should be ironing my shirts.... but instead I am sitting here writing this ;-)

I am reading these posts and trying to find something to answer.... but failing because other people have beat me too it....

Your post would be good if it was something like... "What are you doing now, and what SHOULD you be doing now..."

In that case I should be ironing my shirts.... but instead I am sitting here writing this ;-)

That is funny James :LOL:

There is always something we should be doing whilst here, just hard sometimes to get away from here to go and do those things...especially ironing :ROFLMAO: Not much incentive there to move from here ;)

Today we are having our new washing machine delivered YAY!!

Will be so good to go back to a top loader :)

Kicking back and enjoying the fun and exhilaration of a 3 1/2-hour ride on the motorcycle. We had the best time and it was made more pleasurable because the temp was about 75F and, unusual for this region, the humidity was nearly nonexistent.

We traveled some roads we haven't been on in a while. Lots of back roads, lush greenery, the aroma of honeysuckle all around us. What a great time!!! We're going to sleep like babies tonight after all the fresh air.

I could do some spring cleaning, which I normally start in Winter...or I could relax on the recliner and watch some TV...hmmmm...think I will go with the second option...laters :)

Hope there was something good on TV Kylie.
I have been out planting flowers in the garden. It's hot out there. 80 degrees. We took a bike ride earlier. Felt good to get some good exercise.

Thanks Chops :)

We had our new washing machine delivered this morning and all set up, levelled etc

I have done 2 loads in so far, towels on a regular wash and some clothes on the handwash setting

Both seem to have come out nice and they didnt take too long, the cycles, which is great, so happy having a top loader again :)

I fell asleep in my chair while watching TV earlier tonight and woke with a nasty headache. All gone now, but I'm not sleepy. Going to pour a bit of wine and curl up on the futon in our sunroom and listen to crickets chirp, then head to bed. It would be kinda nice to sleep in here but I'd have to get up with the sun since 3 walls and the ceiling are glass - it's almost 3:00 and dawn breaks just after 4 around here. Besides, our neighbor with the barky dogs would probably let them out at 7 and leave them there all day...

The towels and clothes have dried and they are soft, the towels are fluffy, I am so happy with the result of our new top loader :)

In less than an hour I have to start getting ready to go shopping with Spike. I brought the cake to my daughter. She was down in the yard relaxing. She had spent most of the day in the pool with her hubby. This is her chemo week and she looked so drawn and tired. I only stayed about ten minutes. I knew she wanted to go upstairs and go to bed. It breaks my heart to see her like that.

I handed the cake to her husband. He rushed it upstairs and was up there for a while. I talk my daughter that he was having a piece of the cake. Sure enough. He couldn't wait. I could pour a five pound bag of sugar down his gullet and it still wouldn't be enough. I think my next excurision into the kitchen will be to make Hershey's Chocolate Cake on the back of the cocoa can for Spike. :angel:

I just got back from shopping. Spike showed me his arm. He has the same rash he had last year on both arms and now it is spreading to the other arm. He looked it up and has determined that it is the shingles. And I have to agree with him. Four of my kids had the chicken Pox twice. The first time just a mild case. The second time, they all had an extremely bad case. Bad enough thast Dr. Danoff even checked inside their mouths. They had them in there too. Fortunately I had a shot last month. I asked the doctor if I could get the chcken pox from someone with the shingles. The answer was yes and he gave me the shot right then and there. The only thing I have ever had was German Measles. And there is some question about that also. It may have just been a case of Roseola. Something all babies get at one time or another from being over heated.

I have never had any of the childhood diseses kids get. And they only had the DPT shots when I was a kid. When my kids had the measles, I was pregnant and had to have a gammagobulin shot. No measles shot at that time either. I lost that baby.

I saw what my kids went through with the measles. I get so angry when I hear of a parent that doesn't believe in immunization for their children. My oldest lost her vision for three months, Spike had permanent damage to his heart, my daughter Maureen had permanent damage to her kidneys. The Pirate was the only one who escaped with no lasting effects.

Now I have to worry about Spike. It never ends. :angel:

Mmmmmm onion bagels. Andy, its a good thing I don't live closer to you or you'd be answering your door on the days you post you're making those bagels. I'd bring some of my smoked salmon to go on top though.

I just went out with a great friend, we had coffee and then went for sushi. I just love having friends who call right at the moment you need a cheer up. I feel like a million bucks now and I'm all ready to head to work.

Mmmmmm onion bagels. Andy, its a good thing I don't live closer to you or you'd be answering your door on the days you post you're making those bagels. I'd bring some of my smoked salmon to go on top though.

I just went out with a great friend, we had coffee and then went for sushi. I just love having friends who call right at the moment you need a cheer up. I feel like a million bucks now and I'm all ready to head to work.

Friends really can be wonderful when you are down. I think of them as angles at that time, especially when they say something like, "I just had a feeling that I should stop by." I'm so glad you are feeling happier.

That's exactly how it went. I got a text saying, "You work today? Coffee?" and the rest is history. Somehow, she always has radar when I'm in a MOOD. LOL.

Thanks chopper, I'm lots better now. I just hate fighting with my kiddos, even if they DO need a tune in about things now and then.

Just finished a job that is icky but, in the end, quite satisfying.

Every June we remove the glass shower doors from our master bath and give them a good, thorough cleaning. That means taking them outside onto the porch and setting up sawhorses to put the doors on.

Even though they get a good cleaning on the first of each month with Kaboom Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner, and each time we shower they're sprayed with Clean Shower, they still get gunky. We didn't get to them last June because Glenn and I were having knee issues and I was just getting ready to have hand surgery, so there was 2 years of built-up film and crud on them. To say nothing of the mold/mildew/algae that was living in the clear gasket around the glass.

So, out they went and I sprayed and scrubbed away. Since they'd been cleaned last I was tipped off to ProForce Bathroom & Tile Cleaner. This stuff is nuclear and I love it. A sample was in my cart at Sam's about a year ago and I tried it for the heck of it. It's inexpensive and fantastic. If you are of a mind to try it, let me caution you...it will remove the color in any fabric. I said it was nuclear and I really meant it.

They look better than they ever have and, after a thorough cleaning, the shower sparkles like new. We're ready for another year and, hopefully, nothing will get in the way of next June's scrubathon.

I know. I know. I sounded a bit like an infommertial, but the three products I cited are truly good. I've used Clean Shower for close to 15 years and Kaboom for well over 5 and am sold on both. The ProForce, well, I hope they never stop making it or...change the formula.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom