What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, we watched all 5 seasons of the UK version and then when that finished we started watching the US one :)

Have you watched all Gordon's cookery shows, there was 20 of them? We have got them all lined up to watch :)

I would be very surprised if I have missed any! :LOL: They are heavily advertised here, so I would have had to be locked up in a dungeon with no TV to have missed one! I also have his biography and a couple of his cookery books. I have something like 170ish cookery books mind you, and I really only use about 5 or 6 on a regular basis. (Plus I get most of my recipes online these days).

DH called, very excited, he'd just heard that there is a flame thrower that kills weeds. I had heard of them, figured, go big or go home, so I ordered this:

image-1494722529.jpg. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004Z2FQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Along with the trigger attachment and cart.

New toy! And it does a lot of other stuff, like melting ice from the steps.

Ooo, fire Dawg! Cool! :w00t:

I'm mulling over the idea of throwing a couple of logs in the fireplace and striking up a fire. Seriously! After all my bit... crabbing about hot weather! Instead, I could just get my blood flowing by cleaning a room. Not as romantic, but certainly needed. *sigh*

Good luck with that. Mine hasn't been used since the first two seasons I bought it for, ice season and weed season.

I figured, if nothing else, it will be good to use with the chimney starter....

I would be very surprised if I have missed any! :LOL: They are heavily advertised here, so I would have had to be locked up in a dungeon with no TV to have missed one! I also have his biography and a couple of his cookery books. I have something like 170ish cookery books mind you, and I really only use about 5 or 6 on a regular basis. (Plus I get most of my recipes online these days).

That made me laugh :ROFLMAO:

What is his biography like Katy?

I have read Marco Pierre White's biography and I loved that :)

That made me laugh :ROFLMAO:

What is his biography like Katy?

I have read Marco Pierre White's biography and I loved that :)

Good! I am always glad to provide amusement! :)

Okay, I am a huge fan of Gordon, but my honest opinion on his biography is that he came across slightly whiny. That said, it did give a lot of background information that was very interesting. If you are a real fan and want to know his background then it's worth reading. If you only have a passing interest - probably not.

I'm running up and downstairs copying files using a USB key. You see, I have the latest MS operating system, Windows 8, with all the current updates. Stupid thing won't let me see the other computers on our home network. I am not a happy camper.

Still tweaking things, huh Taxy?
One day it will be working the way you want.
I'm installing software and my professional tax software has pricing that I want to copy from my desktop computer.

Plus, there is data I need on this computer. I wish MS would remember that not everyone is using the latest version of Windog.

I'll probably get everything working the way I want it when I don't need QuickBooks® or my professional tax software. Then I can dump MS and switch to Linux. Of course, there will be a learning curve with that too.

Good! I am always glad to provide amusement! :)

Okay, I am a huge fan of Gordon, but my honest opinion on his biography is that he came across slightly whiny. That said, it did give a lot of background information that was very interesting. If you are a real fan and want to know his background then it's worth reading. If you only have a passing interest - probably not.

Thanks for that Katy...I am a real fan and would love to know about his background and childhood etc

Has he only the one out do you know?

I'm installing software and my professional tax software has pricing that I want to copy from my desktop computer.

Plus, there is data I need on this computer. I wish MS would remember that not everyone is using the latest version of Windog.

I'll probably get everything working the way I want it when I don't need QuickBooks® or my professional tax software. Then I can dump MS and switch to Linux. Of course, there will be a learning curve with that too.

Admit it taxy, you'll "probably get everything working the way I want it" right before they come out with Windows 9. :ermm:

Someone local just opened a cupcake shop with other baked goods next door to work, that was lunch. It was a chocolate cupcake filled with ganache and topped with peanut butter frosting. It was excellent! I'm pretty sure that she uses swiss meringue buttercream, because it was very fluffy and not overly sweet.

So eating a delicious cupcake is what I'm doing!

Someone local just opened a cupcake shop with other baked goods next door to work, that was lunch. It was a chocolate cupcake filled with ganache and topped with peanut butter frosting. It was excellent! I'm pretty sure that she uses swiss meringue buttercream, because it was very fluffy and not overly sweet.

So eating a delicious cupcake is what I'm doing!

I want Bakechef's lunch.

Just got back from the vet with Beagle, for routine vaccinations, she has a big lump on her chest which I thought might be a lypoma (fatty, noncancerous tumor). The new intern thought, after needle aspiration, that it might be a round cell tumor, which may or may not be cancerous, and recommended removal. I'm going to get a second opinion.

I want Bakechef's lunch.

Just got back from the vet with Beagle, for routine vaccinations, she has a big lump on her chest which I thought might be a lypoma (fatty, noncancerous tumor). The new intern thought, after needle aspiration, that it might be a round cell tumor, which may or may not be cancerous, and recommended removal. I'm going to get a second opinion.
(((Hugs))) to you and Beagle. The vet didn't suggest a biopsy? Or would a biopsy be as much stress on Beagle as removing the tumour?

(((Hugs))) to you and Beagle. The vet didn't suggest a biopsy? Or would a biopsy be as much stress on Beagle as removing the tumour?

Thanks Taxy. Yes, I wondered about a biopsy too. They did a needle aspiration, and it was inconclusive. I do want to talk to our usual vet, this was a new graduate.

Back
Top Bottom