What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"In case counting to ten isn't enough ;) "

"For counting purposes, when you run out of fingers."

Oh, funny you guys!! :-p:-p

Good Luck, Katy! You'll be fine! Double check for toothpaste on your face before you leave the house.

I got a job once and I had toothpaste on my face for the whole interview...I about died when I got home and noticed.:rolleyes:

Good Luck, Katy! You'll be fine! Double check for toothpaste on your face before you leave the house.

I got a job once and I had toothpaste on my face for the whole interview...I about died when I got home and noticed.:rolleyes:

:LOL: I had my first out-of-grad school interview with the back zipper of my new skirt unzipped! I must have made quite the exit!

So in addition to looking for toothpaste, check your zipper! Good luck, Katy!

Thanks PF!

My suit is freshly pressed and I have a new shirt.

All my paperwork is in order - tomorrow's interview is at a slightly "sensitive" place so they want just about everything except my DNA!

I've done my research, and got all my "ducks in a row". So it's just a case of whether my face fits.
:unsure:

:LOL: I had my first out-of-grad school interview with the back zipper of my new skirt unzipped! I must have made quite the exit!

So in addition to looking for toothpaste, check your zipper! Good luck, Katy!

OMG!!! :LOL:

As if I didn't already have a long enough checklist! (I will be wearing a trouser suit so hopefully any lack of "zippage" will be obvious!) :ermm:

What am I doing? Well today I am mostly "fretting".

I have a job interview tomorrow morning (my first in the past year since I got made redundant). Then this morning, I had a call to say that I had another interview on Wednesday!

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited. But also on tenterhooks! :ohmy:

For an American, what does 'redundant' refer to? and good luck on both interviews. Hope one of them leads to gainful employment. :angel:

Unfortunately, in the majority of professional offices in this country, sandals are not an approved item of shoe wear. No open toes. I guess someone doesn't like looking at ugly toes. :angel:

Plus, it would be a little chilly here! (I would NEVER wear sandals to an interview in any case.) And I can count to at least a hundred - so that's okay! :LOL: Tomorrow, there is no maths. I just have to win them over with my personality!

Let's hope I do that before the maths test for the other job on Wednesday....:ermm:

I have probably made a bit of a big deal about these interviews.

But I have applied for over 80 jobs and not had a single call. And that is pretty demoralising. (My CV/Resume has been reviewed by paid professionals by the way.)

In the meantime, I have been working as a volunteer at a furniture store that is part of the charity that looked after my mum in her last few days. (Where better to spend my time, right?) If I get a paid job after all this time, my only regret will be missing the super people at the store!

If I don't get either of these two jobs - my baking experiments on the poor people at the furniture store will continue! :LOL:

I have probably made a bit of a big deal about these interviews.

But I have applied for over 80 jobs and not had a single call. And that is pretty demoralising. (My CV/Resume has been reviewed by paid professionals by the way.)

In the meantime, I have been working as a volunteer at a furniture store that is part of the charity that looked after my mum in her last few days. (Where better to spend my time, right?) If I get a paid job after all this time, my only regret will be missing the super people at the store!

If I don't get either of these two jobs - my baking experiments on the poor people at the furniture store will continue! :LOL:

Katy, I do hope you have your volunteer work listed on your resume. That can be very important to a company when they are looking for caring people. If they should ask about it, play it up big and mention that you often bring baked goods from home for the people who work there. Good luck! :angel:

Laid off.

Yes. I was at my previous company for just short of 21 years.

Luckily, in Britain (and I know this is not often the case in the US), you get a pay off when you are made redundant. (Redundant means the company cannot afford to keep you on. It does not mean you are a bad employee.)

What's the situation in Canada TL?

Back
Top Bottom